jenyadenise

Interview in Ciudad Juarez - is it recommended for USC to go along?

16 posts in this topic

I (USC) understand that I won't be able to enter the consulate when my husband has his interview, but we're wondering whether or not it's important for me to be in the city there with him. Of course, I'd love to join him because we're in this process together, but it will be a little tricky for me to get the time off of work. My husband feels completely fine going on his own but we'd like to hear others' experiences about whether or not it would make a difference if I was there or not... Thanks!

August 2008 - met when we were both living in England

February 2009 - began dating

May 28, 2011 - got engaged

August 5, 2011 - got married (in England)

September 29, 2011 - moved to Mexico

VISA PROCESS:

December 3, 2012 - sent I-130 to Mexico City (DCF)

December 6, 2012 - I-130 approved

December 14, 2012 - NVC case number assigned and instruction letter sent from Juarez Consulate but we NEVER received it

March 4, 2013 - called to check about our case and received our NVC case number and Invoice number

March 9, 2013 - submitted DS-260 online

April 17, 2013 - interview date - visa approved!!!

July 11, 2013 - POE: entered US through Dallas, TX

July 22, 2013 - Social Security Card delivered

August 22, 2013 - Green Card delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't worry, you don't have to be at Ciudad Juarez during his interview.

If you can't go, it won't be a problem.

K1 PROCESS

183.gif I-129F Sent - 05/29/2012

183.gif NOA1 - 06/01/2012

183.gif NOA 2 - 12/06/2012 Approved!

No RFE's

183.gif Received by NVC - 12/10/2012

183.gif Received by Consulate - 01/04/2013

183.gif Received instructions - 01/09/2013

183.gif Scheduled interview / paid MRV fee - 02/14/2013

183.gif Interview Date - 03/14/2013 Approved!!

183.gifVisa in hand - 3/25/2013

183.gifPOE : Laredo, TX - July 2013

Don't worry, you don't have to be at Ciudad Juarez during his interview.

If you can't go, it won't be a problem.

Thanks for your reply and Congratulations on the visa approval!!!

August 2008 - met when we were both living in England

February 2009 - began dating

May 28, 2011 - got engaged

August 5, 2011 - got married (in England)

September 29, 2011 - moved to Mexico

VISA PROCESS:

December 3, 2012 - sent I-130 to Mexico City (DCF)

December 6, 2012 - I-130 approved

December 14, 2012 - NVC case number assigned and instruction letter sent from Juarez Consulate but we NEVER received it

March 4, 2013 - called to check about our case and received our NVC case number and Invoice number

March 9, 2013 - submitted DS-260 online

April 17, 2013 - interview date - visa approved!!!

July 11, 2013 - POE: entered US through Dallas, TX

July 22, 2013 - Social Security Card delivered

August 22, 2013 - Green Card delivered

Timeline

Thanks for your reply and Congratulations on the visa approval!!!

You're welcome and thank you!

K1 PROCESS

183.gif I-129F Sent - 05/29/2012

183.gif NOA1 - 06/01/2012

183.gif NOA 2 - 12/06/2012 Approved!

No RFE's

183.gif Received by NVC - 12/10/2012

183.gif Received by Consulate - 01/04/2013

183.gif Received instructions - 01/09/2013

183.gif Scheduled interview / paid MRV fee - 02/14/2013

183.gif Interview Date - 03/14/2013 Approved!!

183.gifVisa in hand - 3/25/2013

183.gifPOE : Laredo, TX - July 2013

• 4 weeks later...

If the interviewer is not 100% convinced that you have an actual relationship, they will ask if the USC is waiting outside the embassy. If the answer is yes, they will have you enter the interview to answer a couple of questions. It is rare that this happens, but it does happen.

Married in Mexico 2012-06-16

I-130 DCF Sent : 2012-07-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2012-07-10
I-130 Approved 2012-07-11
Consulate Received : 2012-07-17
Packet 4 Received : 2012-08-03

Interview Date : 2012-08-21
Visa Received : 2012-08-23
US Entry : 2012-08-23
Interview took 42 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

I-751 Lifting Conditions
CIS Office : Vermont Service Center
Date Filed : 2014-06-13
NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio appointment ; 2014-07-18

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I (USC) understand that I won't be able to enter the consulate when my husband has his interview, but we're wondering whether or not it's important for me to be in the city there with him. Of course, I'd love to join him because we're in this process together, but it will be a little tricky for me to get the time off of work. My husband feels completely fine going on his own but we'd like to hear others' experiences about whether or not it would make a difference if I was there or not... Thanks!

I have heard from many people that the USC doesn't need to be there, but in most cases, as the previous writer explained if the person interviewing is not convinced they'll ask if the Spouse is there with the beneficiary. I heard when the answer was no, that in most cases they were denied. I have not heard this same information regarding the Fiancé K-1 visa, only for the Spouse visas. If you can, I would go, it's always best to be there in case there is a problem you might be able to help clarify. Saludos-

Edited by RomaSkirsky

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have heard from many people that the USC doesn't need to be there, but in most cases, as the previous writer explained if the person interviewing is not convinced they'll ask if the Spouse is there with the beneficiary. I heard when the answer was no, that in most cases they were denied. I have not heard this same information regarding the Fiancé K-1 visa, only for the Spouse visas. If you can, I would go, it's always best to be there in case there is a problem you might be able to help clarify. Saludos-

Is it very often that it happens that with CR1 /IR1 visas (SPOUSE)?

I mean the ideal is that the spouse (USC) can go there, but what if because of work, or even because of the travelling to Juarez alert, he/she doesn't go?

ArXsm6.png

Wedding: April 19th 2012

USCIS (226 days)

NOA1: June 4th 2012

NOA2: January 16th 2013 (226 days after NOA1)

NOA2 hardcopy: January 19th 2013

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case number,IIN and Beneficiary ID 02/05/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

Interview 05/13/2013-APPROVED

Received passport with visa 05/16/2013
POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Approval: 09/17/2015

GC in mail: 09/26/2015

Timeline

Is it very often that it happens that with CR1 /IR1 visas (SPOUSE)?

I mean the ideal is that the spouse (USC) can go there, but what if because of work, or even because of the travelling to Juarez alert, he/she doesn't go?

To be honest I haven't heard of many cases being denied due to that reason. That's just what some people have been saying happened to others, while they were waiting for their Spouse's to return from their interview. I've heard from others that they didn't ask if the Spouse/Fiancé was there at all. If you can't go it shouldn't make that big of a difference in the approval/denial of the petition. Always depends on which official is giving the interview I'm sure. If you can it's always better to be safe than sorry. Worse comes to worse, if there's no way you can get there you can always send your spouse a letter explaining why you aren't there or something along those lines, incase the interview official asks. But I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if you have enough provided proof of relationship. In that case they may not ask. I learned a lot of the information on the Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE on this site in the menu above. You can look at the comments from peoples experiences at the embassy the interview will take place at. Maybe that will ease your mind a little.

Best of luck.

Timeline

To be honest I haven't heard of many cases being denied due to that reason. That's just what some people have been saying happened to others, while they were waiting for their Spouse's to return from their interview. I've heard from others that they didn't ask if the Spouse/Fiancé was there at all. If you can't go it shouldn't make that big of a difference in the approval/denial of the petition. Always depends on which official is giving the interview I'm sure. If you can it's always better to be safe than sorry. Worse comes to worse, if there's no way you can get there you can always send your spouse a letter explaining why you aren't there or something along those lines, incase the interview official asks. But I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if you have enough provided proof of relationship. In that case they may not ask. I learned a lot of the information on the Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE on this site in the menu above. You can look at the comments from peoples experiences at the embassy the interview will take place at. Maybe that will ease your mind a little.

Best of luck.

Thank you so much!

Yes, I know what you mean,sometimes it just happened to 1 user and that doesn't mean that it's a general rule...that's why I was wondering if it's very common that it happens.

In my case, my husband is a 90% for sure to come over to the interview, it just depends on the flights availability hehe, of course we are a little worried about the safety in Juarez, but it's OUR process and we are together in this, so he will do his best to come with me to the interview, even though we know that he might not be allowed to enter to the consulate.

I completely agree with you: it's always better to be safe than sorry!

I am going to check it out the reviews, THANKS!! :thumbs:

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR PROCESS!!!

ArXsm6.png

USCIS (226 days)

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Timeline

Thank you so much!

Yes, I know what you mean,sometimes it just happened to 1 user and that doesn't mean that it's a general rule...that's why I was wondering if it's very common that it happens.

In my case, my husband is a 90% for sure to come over to the interview, it just depends on the flights availability hehe, of course we are a little worried about the safety in Juarez, but it's OUR process and we are together in this, so he will do his best to come with me to the interview, even though we know that he might not be allowed to enter to the consulate.

I completely agree with you: it's always better to be safe than sorry!

I am going to check it out the reviews, THANKS!! :thumbs:

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR PROCESS!!!

He can enter the consulate he just has to wait in the waiting area.

Here are some helpful interviews to help you through the process that another member of visa journey posted.

medical english

medico en español

more videos

Cd J consulate English

Best of Luck!

Timeline

I went and I'm glad I did for a number of reasons.Just woke up from a nap my fiancés visa was approved this morning.I just waited in the waiting room pictured above.She was gone about 2 and half hours and said the actual interview was less then ten minutes.I wanted to go to support my future wife and make her feel more comfortable and in case for some reason they need to talk to me I would be there.It cost more money sure I had to take off work and tickets were not cheap 550.00 dollars roundtrip airline tickets each from Tijuana(we bought our tickets six weeks out).They really take advantage of the people cause there is only one roundtrip flight(on Aeromexico not a cheap airline) and any other options just to save a little over 100 dollars you have to fly to Mexico City or Guadalajara first which would add lots of time to a flight or I could we could take a bus which would not be fun and take me away from work her son for more days.My fiancé is originally from Monterrey Mexico which is an hour farther and we have been there four times and flown from Tijuana and four that price it paid for both of us and her son.So they are taking advantage at least where we live in Mexico for people going to Juarez for there visas.

I was glad I was able to support her help her out in anyway and be with her because of any worries weather it be regarding safety here in Juarez or if they needed to talk to be at the interview or to keep her company for the four days when we she was not at the medical clinic or the consulate.

We will have to stay in Tijuana another month before we can move to the USA though so I can earn more money for rent and the movie to San Diego,California but for both of us it was worth it that I went.

Timeline

I went and I'm glad I did for a number of reasons.Just woke up from a nap my fiancés visa was approved this morning.I just waited in the waiting room pictured above.She was gone about 2 and half hours and said the actual interview was less then ten minutes.I wanted to go to support my future wife and make her feel more comfortable and in case for some reason they need to talk to me I would be there.It cost more money sure I had to take off work and tickets were not cheap 550.00 dollars roundtrip airline tickets each from Tijuana(we bought our tickets six weeks out).They really take advantage of the people cause there is only one roundtrip flight(on Aeromexico not a cheap airline) and any other options just to save a little over 100 dollars you have to fly to Mexico City or Guadalajara first which would add lots of time to a flight or I could we could take a bus which would not be fun and take me away from work her son for more days.My fiancé is originally from Monterrey Mexico which is an hour farther and we have been there four times and flown from Tijuana and four that price it paid for both of us and her son.So they are taking advantage at least where we live in Mexico for people going to Juarez for there visas.

I was glad I was able to support her help her out in anyway and be with her because of any worries weather it be regarding safety here in Juarez or if they needed to talk to be at the interview or to keep her company for the four days when we she was not at the medical clinic or the consulate.

We will have to stay in Tijuana another month before we can move to the USA though so I can earn more money for rent and the movie to San Diego,California but for both of us it was worth it that I went.

Congrats on the approval. We're flying from Mexico city, but on Interjet. They have cheaper prices than Aeromexico, but you're right. For whatever reason not many airlines go to Juarez, and to take a bus from Mexico city is not worth it. To risky, and to long. I've heard it can take up to five hours to get through the interview even though the interview itself is quite short. I hope we can bring snacks at least in the waiting room. If not i'll be eating a huge breakfast. lol.

Timeline

He can enter the consulate he just has to wait in the waiting area.

Here are some helpful interviews to help you through the process that another member of visa journey posted.

medical english

medico en español

more videos

Cd J consulate English

Best of Luck!

That is awesome! :thumbs: Thanks a lot for sharing the videos

My husband and I have watched them, and we just booked our flight tickets to Juarez :dance: we will fly with Interjet, since it's cheaper than Aeromexico, and we had really good experience with them when we flied last year for our honeymoon.

Congratulations on the approval!! :thumbs::thumbs:

ArXsm6.png

USCIS (226 days)

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Timeline

That is awesome! :thumbs: Thanks a lot for sharing the videos

My husband and I have watched them, and we just booked our flight tickets to Juarez :dance: we will fly with Interjet, since it's cheaper than Aeromexico, and we had really good experience with them when we flied last year for our honeymoon.

Congratulations on the approval!! :thumbs::thumbs:

My Fiancé's interview is in May. We'll be taking interjet as well! I'm very excited! Sure you guys will do great! Best of luck with your interview!

Timeline

My Fiancé's interview is in May. We'll be taking interjet as well! I'm very excited! Sure you guys will do great! Best of luck with your interview!

Really? That's pretty awesome! :) Another interview on May woo hoo!! Good luck on the interview, I am sure that everything will go smoothly for you and you will get approved!!! :D

We will go to Juarez on May too :D I am the one who will go for the interview but I am really happy that my husband will be there with me :luv::luv:

ArXsm6.png

USCIS (226 days)

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.