tracyandoksana

Teaching my wife to drive

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My father refused to teach me to drive when I was of age to get my d.l.

He said he didn't want me to pick up his bad habits so off I went to driving school.

My son is of age now to take driving lessons and he'll be starting up soon. I will not be teaching him to drive.

To the OP - I recommend a driving school.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I should get my license some time this year :P I have a question, I've learned how to drive with a manual back in Belgium and even had a few classes. Do you think it'll be easier learning to drive again with an automatic over here? I'm nervous. :P

Filed: Timeline
Meh, I should get my license some time this year :P I have a question, I've learned how to drive with a manual back in Belgium and even had a few classes. Do you think it'll be easier learning to drive again with an automatic over here? I'm nervous. :P

If you know how to drive manual, you know how to drive automatic. You should be fine either way.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I suggest a "highway hummer" when you are driving as payback for the lessons. You'll forget about all the frustration in no time. It's a win/win for everyone involved and/or watching.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

I suggest a "highway hummer" when you are driving as payback for the lessons. You'll forget about all the frustration in no time. It's a win/win for everyone involved and/or watching.

:lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I have been thinking about this very subject myself lately!...I like the idea of having a professional instructor do the teaching...I agree that there is no need to add any stress to a relationship where one half of the couple is already experiencing a whole new culture and environment...

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

I just saw this thread and turned to my husband, "Hey hon, here's a thread you can identify with." He had a dry smile. :lol:

Bless his heart - my husband is probably 1 of the 100 patient people in this world. He has not lost his temper with me, but it was very frustrating for both of us because his car is a manual. We had to stop driving lessons altogether for the past 3 weeks because I was the one who put a lot of pressure on myself and I ended up having a meltdown in his car in the abandoned parking lot we usually practiced in.

Our solution? An hour ago we switched cars with his sister, who drives an automatic. So from tomorrow onwards, every evening after work we are going to spend 30 mins in the parking lot to practice. He's already missing his car, and I know it was not easy for him to say bye-bye to it as we left his sister's driveway. :D

But at least in an automatic, I can now focus on the road with more ease and work on my width perception more comfortably.

If you can afford driving school for your spouse, you should go for it. We briefly considered it but money has become a crunch for us lately, so we're gonna stick with each other. I promised not to yell at him anymore, and he told me he'll make an effort to remember driving is a very new ball game for me. :thumbs:

The other day I was dropping off my little brother at his school and there were several cars out in the parking lot driving through cones and practicing parking, etc. It was so hard for me not to "buzz" by them and go in and out of the cones. I decided it wasn't a good idea though with my little brother with me. Had I been alone......

Luckily my fiancee is taking professional driving courses in Vlad right now. I don't know how much they're going to help her though, she missed her first lesson due to a METER of snow, and they wouldn't refund her money or give her another lesson. (Customer service - Russian style) Her next lesson, they just threw her in the car by herself and told her to drive. I guess it's working!

Good luck, I don't know if I'd just throw her in a car, but maybe it'll work for you too!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

excellent advice merc... :thumbs:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

509454052BtBmEN_ph.jpg

:lol:

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

• 4 months later...

I am in a panic about learning to drive but I will have to do it soon so I can have a life! Its really hard being cut off from everything but everywhere you go here you have to go on highways (Long Island NY). The speed limit is 55mph but if you drove at that speed you would be mowed down. It is safer to drive at 65-70mph but that speed terrifies me when there are crs merging and switching lanes here there and everywhere...

Louise (Merseyside, UK) and Mike (NY, USA)

Together since 1998

25 Jun 2005 - Married in UK

I-129F

21 Jul 2005 - Sent I-129F Spouse to Chicago

02 Aug 2005 - Received NOA1

10 Aug 2005 - APPROVED!!!

19 Aug 2005 - Arrives at NVC

23 Aug 2005 - Received case number

25 Aug 2005 - Sent to London Consulate

10 Sep 2005 - Recieved packet 3

13 Sep 2005 - Scheduled medical

15 Sep 2005 - Sent back packet 3 forms

04 Oct 2005 - Medical in Birmingham

14 Oct 2005 - Recieved offical interview letter.

31 Oct 2005 - Interview date...VISA ISSUED!!!

04 Nov 2005 - K3 Visa received!!!

19 Nov 2005 - Arrived in US on K3 visa, yea!!!

I-130

07 Jul 2005 - Sent I-130 to Vermont

19 Jul 2005 - Received NOA1

30 Aug 2005 - APPROVED!!!

11 Feb 2006 - Sent I-186 and DS-230

02 Mar 2006 - RFE for missing W2's from I-864 package.

04 Mar 2006 - Send off W2's

20 Mar 2006 - petition has been sent to London

31 May 2006 - Visa interview

02 Jun 2006 - CR-1 Visa recieved!!!!!!!!

06 Jun 2006 - back 'home' to US

16 Jun 2006 - Received social security no.

14th Jul 2006 - Received Green Card!!!