farah2005

ss card will take more then 7 weeks!!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just our of curiosity, for those of you whose SS cards took longer then say 10 days, was it because you had to have the papers verified as you weren't yet in the SAVE (or whatever it is called) system?

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Filed: Timeline
Just our of curiosity, for those of you whose SS cards took longer then say 10 days, was it because you had to have the papers verified as you weren't yet in the SAVE (or whatever it is called) system?

I can answer that. If you aren't a U.S. citizen the things that can delay you being assigned an SSN are status verification and/or a document needing to be translated. With most people it's going to be the status verification that holds things up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks mdyoung! :yes: It's definitely the verification holding us up as my husband is from Ireland- no translations needed. Oh well, as with everything else involved with immigration its just going to take patience

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Thanks mdyoung! :yes: It's definitely the verification holding us up as my husband is from Ireland- no translations needed. Oh well, as with everything else involved with immigration its just going to take patience

Suggest that he go back to the SSA office no more than once a week with his documents to (1) ask them

to check SAVE again (2) ask if they sent a G-845 (3) if yes, did it come back (4) after 30 days ask if they have followed up on the G-845 by calling or sending another mark "second request."

After having waited at least 30 days and your local SSA office doesn't seem concerned about following up on the G-845 he can try contacting the SSA Regional Office (RO) responsible for your state:

http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/natlpocontacts.html

Refer them to this:

RM 00203.740 Requesting Additional (Manual) Verification By DHS

B. PROCEDURE – HOW TO REQUEST MANUAL VERIFICATION

STEP 6

DHS should respond to SSA within 15 federal work days after receiving the Form G-845. If DHS does not respond within 15 federal work days from the receipt of the G-845 from SSA, follow-up with the DHS, USCIS

Immigration Status office. (Allow 15 days plus five additional federal work days of mail time for the G-845 to be received at and returned from DHS.

Follow local practice to follow-up with DHS. Some SSA offices have an arrangement with the DHS, USCIS office to telephone for the follow-up contact; other SSA offices send a copy of the original G-845 annotated

“second request.”) If the DHS response is still not received within 15 federal work days after the follow-up contact (if the follow-up is by mail allow five additional federal work days of mail time for the G-845

to be received at and returned from DHS), make a second follow-up contact. If the DHS response is not received within 15 federal workdays (again, if the follow-up is by mail, allow five additional federal work

days of mail time for the G-845 to be received at and returned from DHS), after two follow-ups, contact the RO. Also report to the RO any trend that shows a serious deviation by DHS from the above time frames. The RO will consult with central office.

Edited by mdyoung

I for one wasnt in the SAVE system and it took a bit for the maiden name one to come, like about 3 weeks after the 14 day wait period. It sucked for sure, cos we like 'obeyed' the rule and waited nearly 20 days after my arrival but nothing in the system. Yet the married one came within a week.... on my bday actually :):) hehe....

As for my son, he cant get one at all, because he is 'an alien not authorised to work'... he was told to get an IRS number.... since it was in the same building we tried our luck, and would you believe it....they told us to get him an SSN............ DUH!

Anyhow, we finally found out from SS office that once he has a greencard, they can assign him one then.... lets hope it is before next year taxes need to be filed huh!

As for birth certificate trouble.... didnt go anywhere near bringing then a birth certificate. They were happy copying our passport and I94 along with the K1 and K2 showing we entered US legally....

12/07/05 - receive K1 & K2 visa from embassy

12/09/05 - flew to Lincoln, NE - moving to USA to be with my hun :)

12/27/05 - apply for SSN

02/03/06 - receive SSN

02/04/06 - WE TIE THE KNOT :):)

02/09/06 - applied for State ID - learning to drive.....

02/13/06 - re-applying SSN - married name

02/15/06 - starting AOS and EAD process

02/18/06 - finally got everything in the post (certified mail via USPS)

02/20/06 - package delivered to Chicago (on Presidants Day??)

02/27/06 - NOA1 for 2x AOS and EAD

03/04/06 - biometrics letters received for 2x AOS & EAD

03/13/06 - biometrics appointment in Omaha, NE

03/14/06 - both AOS and EAD got touched... as a result of biometrics?!

06/09/06 - EAD approved

08/03/06 - AOS interview - APPROVED!

11/05/06 - found out we were pregnant :):):):):):):)

07/09/07 - Gabriella is born 7lbs 4oz. - 20 inch. long - an Angel sent from above

05/02/08 - Immigration again... removing conditions this time....

05/09/08 - My son received his extension letter

05/13/08 - I receive my NOA1 - here for at least another year!

05/28/08 - getting my biometrics done

09/30/08 - GC APPROVED - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!!!

<a href="

As for my son, he cant get one at all, because he is 'an alien not authorised to work'... he was told to get an IRS number.... since it was in the same building we tried our luck, and would you believe it....they told us to get him an SSN............ DUH!

Call the IRS ITIN office 1-215-516-4846. Explain that your child currently is not eligible for an SSN and ask what you need to do to get the child an ITIN. Just be sure to notify them once the child has an SSN if you do get the ITIN.

Why did you even show them your birth certificate? Big mistake.

Should have used your passport and driving licence.

This is why:

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203110

RM 00203.110 Evidence of Age for an SSN Card

If a foreign-born person has the foreign birth certificate (BC) in his/her possession or can readily obtain (i.e., within 10 days) a properly certified copy, ask him/her to submit it.

Gareth's first one took five weeks ... the second one (without the restrictive legend) never came—apparently they f***ed up entering the data the first time and got his birthdate wrong, so he needs to be re-verified because all his ID (including birth certificate and green card) "have the wrong birthdate." :lol: Anyway so we moved 6 weeks after he applied for it and I don't know if they just won't forward them or what, but it's been 9 weeks now and no card.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Gareth's first one took five weeks ... the second one (without the restrictive legend) never came—apparently they f***ed up entering the data the first time and got his birthdate wrong, so he needs to be re-verified because all his ID (including birth certificate and green card) "have the wrong birthdate." :lol: Anyway so we moved 6 weeks after he applied for it and I don't know if they just won't forward them or what, but it's been 9 weeks now and no card.

The card is sent to the address he put on the application. If the application is still pending you can contact the SSA office and have them change the address. Call the SSA 800# 800-772-1213 to see if the card was issued. If the card was issued ask what is the CYD date and if the IDN code is H. That way you will know when it was issued and that it was an unrestricted card. If it was issued and it's been over 14 days from the date it was issued he will need to apply for a replacement card.

So you are saying when he orginally applied they entered the wrong DOB on his SSN record and you are sure he put the correct date on the application?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Why did you even show them your birth certificate? Big mistake.

Should have used your passport and driving licence.

I had to show my birth cert when I first got my SSN. I had to show birth cert ,I-94 and passport.

I went there today to get my SSN changed over to my married name. I had to show my marriage cert with the certified stamp on it. My passport and EAD card. I was not updated in the system she told me so she said it would be about 4 weeks to verify the information from HLS.

My son applied for his SSN today also. He had to show his birth cert,I-94, passport, and EAD card. They said his will be here within a week. Which my SSN did come in with in the week of applying for it.

Also the lady never asked to see my SSN in my maiden name, and never asked for me to turn it in. I seen some people being asked to turn the SSN with the maiden name in.

Edited by pink_roses

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Call the IRS ITIN office 1-215-516-4846. Explain that your child currently is not eligible for an SSN and ask what you need to do to get the child an ITIN. Just be sure to notify them once the child has an SSN if you do get the ITIN.

Thanks for the number. Will ring tomorrow, see if they are more helpful than local IRS office was and update on the progress!

S.

12/07/05 - receive K1 & K2 visa from embassy

12/09/05 - flew to Lincoln, NE - moving to USA to be with my hun :)

12/27/05 - apply for SSN

02/03/06 - receive SSN

02/04/06 - WE TIE THE KNOT :):)

02/09/06 - applied for State ID - learning to drive.....

02/13/06 - re-applying SSN - married name

02/15/06 - starting AOS and EAD process

02/18/06 - finally got everything in the post (certified mail via USPS)

02/20/06 - package delivered to Chicago (on Presidants Day??)

02/27/06 - NOA1 for 2x AOS and EAD

03/04/06 - biometrics letters received for 2x AOS & EAD

03/13/06 - biometrics appointment in Omaha, NE

03/14/06 - both AOS and EAD got touched... as a result of biometrics?!

06/09/06 - EAD approved

08/03/06 - AOS interview - APPROVED!

11/05/06 - found out we were pregnant :):):):):):):)

07/09/07 - Gabriella is born 7lbs 4oz. - 20 inch. long - an Angel sent from above

05/02/08 - Immigration again... removing conditions this time....

05/09/08 - My son received his extension letter

05/13/08 - I receive my NOA1 - here for at least another year!

05/28/08 - getting my biometrics done

09/30/08 - GC APPROVED - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!!!

<a href="

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.