retemad

Processing Dates going backwards??....Grrrreat :(

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Is it just me or does it seem like USCIS has been processing July filers for the past few months??? I filed Nov 14, at this rate I'm getting an NOA2 waaaaaayyyyy past the 5-6 month time frame for CSC. Anyone noticing this or have an idea what the hold up is? I'm trying to be optimistic but VJ's data is roughly accurate seems like, so I guess it's just my luck...

Looks like they really love July :) ..Honestly, I doubt anyone knows what the hold up is about...could be they were just taken off doing K1s completely in order to work on other types of visas and what not. The hope is (on my side anyways) that they will speed up eventually to come back to their average of 5 months (now they seem to be averaging 7.....that is just my calculation). Maybe they are waiting till the new fees hit in february ?

Either way....sucks.

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Is it just me or does it seem like USCIS has been processing July filers for the past few months??? I filed Nov 14, at this rate I'm getting an NOA2 waaaaaayyyyy past the 5-6 month time frame for CSC. Anyone noticing this or have an idea what the hold up is? I'm trying to be optimistic but VJ's data is roughly accurate seems like, so I guess it's just my luck...

January is going to be a weird one... lots of holidays and time off for people in America (this Monday just gone was a holiday, for example, too)... so they'll have a little bit of a backlog from the stuff they couldn't get through over the festive period. Give it another couple weeks and see if the numbers get a bit more like they were before Christmas.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Looks like they really love July :) ..Honestly, I doubt anyone knows what the hold up is about...could be they were just taken off doing K1s completely in order to work on other types of visas and what not. The hope is (on my side anyways) that they will speed up eventually to come back to their average of 5 months (now they seem to be averaging 7.....that is just my calculation). Maybe they are waiting till the new fees hit in february ?

Either way....sucks.

The new fees don't affect us, because a) k1 is non-immigrant and b) we're already in the system :) It'll be a fee we worry about at AOS, for GC.

Edited by lost_at_sea

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

DACA has slowed everything.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The new fees don't affect us, because a) k1 is non-immigrant and b) we're already in the system :) It'll be a fee we worry about at AOS, for GC.

I am pretty positive there is 200 USD fee that we need to pay before K1 visa holder actually flies out...or did I miss something ? This new fee should go into effect in February ?

I am pretty positive there is 200 USD fee that we need to pay before K1 visa holder actually flies out...or did I miss something ? This new fee should go into effect in February ?

Yes, there is a visa fee for K1. What the previous poster was mentioning was a *new* extra fee that comes into existence in Feb, but that is just for immigrant visas (which the K1 is not).

"Effective February 1, 2013, all individuals issued immigrant visas overseas must pay a $165.00 USCIS Immigrant Fee before traveling to the United States. Only prospective adoptive parents whose child(ren) is/are entering the United States under either the Orphan or Hague Process, Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants who were employed by the U.S. government, returning residents, and those issued K visas are exempt from the new fee. The fee must be paid after the immigrant visa has been issued but before the applicant travels to the United States on the visa."

Edited by lost_at_sea

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

oh thanks for the explanation !! You learn something new everyday and this is actually good news. Sorry for possibly freaking someone out about this extra money. :bonk:

:ot2:

Timeline

Either way....sucks.

I know, I sure hope they get their act together on the K1's and start catching up. I noticed you are an August filer, so this has gotta be excruciating for you. Home stretch! Looking at the charts, it seems as though they start speeding up around this time. It must be the holidays. Government workers are already slow. Now throw in the holidays, and forget about it!! LOL....I was hoping the whole process would take 6 months to see my love, but I think the NOA2 alone will take that time...then another 2-3 months for NVC, interview, etc....

Hopefully the NVC stage and setting up the interview won't be too long but seeing that your country is Iran...../sigh. Good luck on your journey, I do pray that everything speeds up soon. The more time this takes the more numb I become with less " i want to pull my hair out" days :innocent:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Government workers are already slow. Now throw in the holidays, and forget about it!!

Easy now sterotyping "Government" workers.............Some of us might take offense since I am one and I don't work slow. But you know, there are that 10% everywhere and not just in the government.

:thumbs: Have a great day.

Timeline

Easy now sterotyping "Government" workers.............Some of us might take offense since I am one and I don't work slow. But you know, there are that 10% everywhere and not just in the government.

:thumbs: Have a great day.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, I guess I just meant things that pertain to Government usually take a long time (except when it comes to cashing checks). They do that quite fast ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Didn't mean to offend anyone, I guess I just meant things that pertain to Government usually take a long time (except when it comes to cashing checks). They do that quite fast ;)

No doubt there is a lot of red tape and hurry up and wait with government processes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

hahahaha bingo!

To the OP... I feel your pain. I hope things pick up.

05/02/12 - I-129F sent

5/04/12 - I-129F NOA1

11/15/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (6.5 months!!)

11/29/12 - NVC Received

12/10/12 - USEM Case Received

12/12/12 - Packet 3

12/21/12 - Packet 4

1/16/13 - Medical Exam

1/17/13 - Interview- computers crashed.... or so they claim!

1/28/13 - New interview date- Admin. Processing

2/4/13 - Denial- No waiver can apply

July 14 2013 - Moved to Vienna with my dog and 3 suitcases!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.