16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

My daughter is an LPR here in USA. she is a wedlock mother. she will go back to Philippines this July, 2013 to get

his 4 years old son living with his father (fiancee) with no job. the question is.. Can she bring right away his

son in coming back here in USA? What forms do she need to file for his son? Please! let me know as soon as

possible so we can file his petition before she will leaving USA.

thank you so much and God Bless!!!!

Edited by blackgirl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

How did your daughter get here (work visa, via a petition you filed for your daughter, via getting married to a USC etc)? When?

Normally, she would need to file a petition for the child and it would take a while to get her son here. However, if she came here less than a year ago on certain visas, there may be a follow-to -join option.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

How did your daughter get here (work visa, via a petition you filed for your daughter, via getting married to a USC etc)? When?

Normally, she would need to file a petition for the child and it would take a while to get her son here. However, if she came here less than a year ago on certain visas, there may be a follow-to -join option.

Timeline

I am the one who petition her as an immediate relatives. I was married 6 years ago here in Wisconsin. My daughter just arrived Last other year Nov. 2011 so shes just 1 year and 2 months in this country. My petition for her was already approved when the baby born. I wish she can get his son this July, 2013 before coming back here in USA and . I don't know if we still file the form 1-130 or not... Any Advice i highly appreciate it.. thanks..

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How old was your daughter when she was interviewed at the US Embassy?

During the process of your daughter's petition, did she disclose (write) in the DS-230 form that she has a son?

Sample of DS-230: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Did your daughter answer numbers 29 and 31b ?

Edited by apple21

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I am the one who petition her as an immediate relatives. I was married 6 years ago here in Wisconsin. My daughter just arrived Last other year Nov. 2011 so shes just 1 year and 2 months in this country. My petition for her was already approved when the baby born. I wish she can get his son this July, 2013 before coming back here in USA and . I don't know if we still file the form 1-130 or not... Any Advice i highly appreciate it.. thanks..

By the way, what's a "wedlock mother?" How is your daughter in any "wedlock" when she is single?

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
By the way, what's a "wedlock mother?" How is your daughter in any "wedlock" when she is single?

OP meant the daughter is an UNWED MOTHER. The child was born "OUT OF WEDLOCK".

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

There is no way that your daughter will be able to bring her son to the US when she returns July 2013.

As an LPR, she files for her son in the F2a category. There is a 3 years wait. There is no way around this wait.

------------

Are you a US citizen?

What category did your daughter come over on? Was she an IR-2? Were you a US citizen when she interviewed at the US Embassy?

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

I filed her petition Feb., 2008 before she will turn 21 on July 13. she was interviewed Last September 11, 2011 and

she flew November 30, 20011. the name of his 4 years old son is in DS-230 but not in 31b . Instead of his name i write N/A and i just noticed it.

Edited by blackgirl

Timeline

I filed her petition Feb., 2008 before she will turn 21 on July 13. she was interviewed Last September 11, 2011 and

she flew November 30, 20011. the name of his 4 years old son is in DS-230 but not in 31b . Instead of his name i write N/A and i just noticed it.

The son will not be able to join his mother immediately.

Mother has to file i-130 for her son. Son will be under the F2A category (Spouse and Unmarried Child under 21 of LPR). Waiting time is 2-3 YEARS.

Follow the i-130 instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=51ea3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=51ea3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Mother will need to submit the son's original NSO birth certificate.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

and there may well be further complications since the 'wedlock' mother did not indicate on a previous form that she had another child ('N/A')...there will be lots and lots of questions, and possibly a DNA test required.

Timeline

and there may well be further complications since the 'wedlock' mother did not indicate on a previous form that she had another child ('N/A')...there will be lots and lots of questions, and possibly a DNA test required.

What "other" child? There's only one child OP is referring to.

Its very rare for a mother to be DNA tested against her child. I don't think they will be asked to.

Does the child already have an NSO birth certificate?

Edited by apple21

Timeline

Its not complicated and its her one and only son. His name is already in the Part 1-Biographic Data no. 29 but not in the 31b. Yah, apple21 is right need to file I-130 . she's waiting for the photocopy of his passport and some IDs in case the embassy will ask. Thanks apple21 for your advice..

Timeline

What "other" child? There's only one child OP is referring to.

Its very rare for a mother to be DNA tested against her child. I don't think they will be asked to.

Does the child already have an NSO birth certificate?

Yes, he has all the documents needed. She don't file yet the I-130 for she's waiting the passport and Ids from Philippines if in case the embassy will required it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.