ziiggy

can my cousin in u.s send us invitation for for two people

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It is what it is, no matter what my opinion is or isn't does not matter. It appears a lot are refused few are accepted, so go for it. The volume of OP's who seem to be refused greatly out weigh the passed ones, that's where it (negativity ) comes from. My sister in law had strong ties and I wrote an invite letter, she was accepted-just one example.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Timeline

Great then go ahead with that spirit in mind. Have your cousin write spirited letters and send you a support doc to submit with your application. Dont worry about a thing. What is seen as negitive info can be disregarded being replaced by L J positive spirit which will offset the reality of your unique situation.

I notice that L J didnt actually offer any advise as to how to proceed so I guess that is a positive sign.

wow....so some 'spirit' of LJ overcomes 214b? How is that possible? I've checked the Immigration & Nationality Act, can't find a single reference to LJ's positive spirit as a factor in approving tourist visas.....wonder what that says....

Please OP go ahead and give it a try. You stand a fair chance as every one else who is applying for a visitor's visa to the US. Just do a simple Google search of the American Embassy in Russia and follow the instructions from there. You can also search the State Department's website to get all the information you need.

Yes I share LifeJourney's sentiment that there are a lot of negative people here on this website. If anyone reads carefully through the responses given to certain people from certain backgrounds you will see it. These naysayers I call them, act as if they are the final arbiters in immigration and visa matters. It also seem to me these negative people are jealous of people of certain race, background and economic means immigrating to the United States.

OP, listen to the well-meaning advice on here and keep following your own hunches and dreams. Good luck!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You people on this DIY site are the most negative people there is, correct a letter of invite is not needed, but noone can predict an outcome just based on a person, race, country, education or finance. Stop trying to play GOd.

So true, some seem to wanna lock the door behind them, take the chance OP U need to prove certains things to CO that U will return to your country and strong ties there, just stay positive, America is for everyone, some who visits and others who wants to immigrate, sadly some take advantage of the laws , but live and let live huh.

You or others may see what I said as negitive while I see it as realistic. This is based on my own 3 attempts which failed and the many many cases I have seen here on V J. Far more are denied than are approved in my opinion. However I never said you shouldnt try. Do so. Have all the cousins and faimly you have try at the same time.

When I said people in your situation I meant anyone that is living away from their own country not your race. One person here wants to make this about race. Others call on God as though God issued visas. I dont care about race and dont believe in some never seen enity that rules from the sky.

Take the time to come back and tell us what happened with the applications. No matter the outcome you can help others. Especially those that may be in your situation. If you were to succeed by submitting invite letters and support docs from a USC it would prove some of us wrong and inform others of the acceptable method at least at that embassy.

I havent agreed with Noah Lot on some issues but he does know a lot about this subject. His delivery irritates some but I find it funny and informative. I dont see what he says as negitive either.

Its too bad we cant all just be Shirley Temple so eveyone could be pleased all the time. Some of you must live in a different world where its all butterflys and cotton candy clouds. Thats rare when it come to visas. Probably the reason for the web site wouldnt you think.

At no time have I ever said...'don't apply..'...what I have said (numerous times) is that invitation letters are about as valuable in the visa process as last week's newspaper; that an I-134 is not legally enforceable, and thus plays no role whatsoever (in a positive way) of a tourist visa application, and that foreign students studying in a non-native country have a poor track record of using a tourist visa properly, so don't be surprised (or consider the outcome 'unfair') if you don't succeed.....nor I have said we should close the borders....

I have suggested that all waivers be eliminated, which would take away the instant salvation so many visa cheats choose when they are backed into a corner; namely marry some desperate USC living in a trailer park...take away the waiver options and we would likely see a steep decline in spurious marriages whose only purpose is to try and avoid paying the price for being irresponsible.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

wow....so some 'spirit' of LJ overcomes 214b? How is that possible? I've checked the Immigration & Nationality Act, can't find a single reference to LJ's positive spirit as a factor in approving tourist visas.....wonder what that says....

am very sorry if i was wrong saying ''positive spirit'' to LJ's post it wasn't anything personal, i was just trying to simply say a thank you for his advice. i see no reason why you guys have to be arguing about nothing when i actually need your advice. please drop it and help me out if not that it will be ok if you don't say anything at all. Thank you

At the end of the day, nothing that LJ nor I said will influence a CO's eventual decision of your future visa application...I've given you some insight as to the fact that getting a B2 visa is not as simple as many believe, nor does getting one rely heavily on conjuring up mythical spirits along with a cheery smile....the road you are about to step on has been trodden by many who have decided not to cherish the privilege they were given, and their transgressions can and do influence future decisions by COs who have been 'burned.'

There once was a member here who worked for Immigration in Vermont. He said: JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS

Nothing more - nothing less.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

There once was a member here who worked for Immigration in Vermont. He said: JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS

Nothing more - nothing less.

i think i've had enough, so you guys can go on with your little quarrels, after all if we don't succeed life goes on

Thanks to you all

i think i've had enough, so you guys can go on with your little quarrels, after all if we don't succeed life goes on

Thanks to you all

Alas welcome to VJ 101... The links below gives you all the info you would need. Pay close attention to the B1/B2 page though.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-typeb1b2.asp'>http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-typeb1b2.asp

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

I wish you the very best of luck!

Edited by Boggy1974

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.