ziiggy

can my cousin in u.s send us invitation for for two people

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

i am from Ghana, currently studying in my first year here in Russia and i want to ask if someone can please help me out with. I want to know if it is possible for my cousin in the U.S to send us invitations and affidavit of support for Tourist Visa(me and another Cousin with different last names),is it possible if he can do this for multiple people as in our case where we are two cousins who intend to visit him in the states this summer vacations for three months Could you please share with us what possible chance we've got to get visitor visas. since we have some few months to our Vacations this year. and if possible how best can he(cousin in the U.S write his invitation letters to us.

Thanks Ziiggy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The invitation and monetary support of your cousin is irrelevant

Why you want to go to the US doesn't matter. What matters is that you qualify on your own accord and show ties to either Russia or Ghana

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The burden of getting tourist visas lies on you and your cousin in Russia not your cousin in the U.S. You have to provide all necessary proof showing you are deserving of the tourist visa. Such as your bank statement with a lot of money in it, letter from your school maybe and every other thing that will show you will return after your suppose vacation. Your cousin writing an invitation letter and affidavit of support has no bearing on the tourist visa process.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

i am from Ghana, currently studying in my first year here in Russia and i want to ask if someone can please help me out with. I want to know if it is possible for my cousin in the U.S to send us invitations and affidavit of support for Tourist Visa(me and another Cousin with different last names),is it possible if he can do this for multiple people as in our case where we are two cousins who intend to visit him in the states this summer vacations for three months Could you please share with us what possible chance we've got to get visitor visas. since we have some few months to our Vacations this year. and if possible how best can he(cousin in the U.S write his invitation letters to us.

Thanks Ziiggy.

People in your situation have little chance. You are already living away from your own country, proving you are willing to immigrate. You must understand the " strongest ties " rule to have any chance. That means PROVING your ties are to Ghana. Hard to do no matter what but very hard to do when you arent even in Ghana and have been away for a year.

Your cousin can invite you or as many people as they wish but its a huge mistake. They must NOT attempt to provide a support document.

Tourist visas are applied for by individuals. They are granted on their own merits. See the embassies web site for info and forms for the application. Its pretty simple to fill out. They will want to see you prove your ties or WHY you MUST return. Keep in mind that most of these case are determined before the person ever steps up to the window. This means its all about the docs.

A vistor visa can be applied for, don't let the negativity stop you and your cousin from trying. It you don't take the chance and try you will never know if you could have turn a negative situation into a postive one. Yes, the Consular does care why you are trying to visit the US, if asked just be truthful.

There are many people from all walks of life and countries who are granted a visitor visa. So do not let what is said here stop you from trying.

You people on this DIY site are the most negative people there is, correct a letter of invite is not needed, but noone can predict an outcome just based on a person, race, country, education or finance. Stop trying to play GOd.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The invitation lettter may or may not help. An affidavit of support is a BAD thing as it is mistaken for immigrant intent. Your relative can in his letter offer to let you stay at his place and offer to feed you. You have to convince them you are planning on leaving at the end of the visit.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

You people on this DIY site are the most negative people there is, correct a letter of invite is not needed, but noone can predict an outcome just based on a person, race, country, education or finance. Stop trying to play GOd.

I have read all responses here and I don't seem to find where the ''negativity'' is in all the responses. A question was asked and it was answered rightly and you are playing the JUDGE here saying people here on this site are the most negative? Wow!

I have read all responses here and I don't seem to find where the ''negativity'' is in all the responses. A question was asked and it was answered rightly and you are playing the JUDGE here saying people here on this site are the most negative? Wow!

Maybe there is a problem with your reading ability, 'People in your situation have little chance. You are already living away from your own country, proving you are willing to immigrate. You must understand the " strongest ties " rule to have any chance. That means PROVING your ties are to Ghana. Hard to do no matter what but very hard to do when you arent even in Ghana and have been away for a year."

Now tell me who is "people" in this content. Before you try to judge read whaat is written.

Maybe you are used to being defined as a class of "People" who has nothing to offer, so its okay to generalzed about someone they know absolutly nothing about.

"Why you want to go to the US doesn't matter" why someone is visiting does matter, it is the 1st question asked.

Timeline

Maybe there is a problem with your reading ability, 'People in your situation have little chance. You are already living away from your own country, proving you are willing to immigrate. You must understand the " strongest ties " rule to have any chance. That means PROVING your ties are to Ghana. Hard to do no matter what but very hard to do when you arent even in Ghana and have been away for a year."

Now tell me who is "people" in this content. Before you try to judge read whaat is written.

''People'' in his situation could mean someone or people seeking support to get a tourist visa which is normally given base on your own merit. And the poster of this message even went as far as directing the OP to the USEM website. l don't see nothing negative that was said. Maybe You have issues with how people air their opinion and views

''People'' in his situation could mean someone or people seeking support to get a tourist visa which is normally given base on your own merit. And the poster of this message even went as far as directing the OP to the USEM website. l don't see nothing negative that was said. Maybe You have issues with how people air their opinion and views

If the tone of the written response is acceptable to you, than accept it. It wasn't acceptable to me and I responded with my opinion.

Timeline

If the tone of the written response is acceptable to you, than accept it. It wasn't acceptable to me and I responded with my opinion.

Great. perhaps you could have responded with your opinion without the ''people on this DIY site are the most negative there is'' . We all have how we air our opinions and views on different issues. It is well with you.

Great. perhaps you could have responded with your opinion without the ''people on this DIY site are the most negative there is'' . We all have how we air our opinions and views on different issues. It is well with you.

As I stated, 'people' on this site have the most negative attitude when responding to certain topics, stick around long enough and you will receive yours in due time.

I have been on this site long long enough to know and see how reaponds are given to different classes of people.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

A vistor visa can be applied for, don't let the negativity stop you and your cousin from trying. It you don't take the chance and try you will never know if you could have turn a negative situation into a postive one. Yes, the Consular does care why you are trying to visit the US, if asked just be truthful.

There are many people from all walks of life and countries who are granted a visitor visa. So do not let what is said here stop you from trying.

Thanks alot man, i like your positive spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.