one...two...tree

NRA was pro-gun control when it came to Black Panthers

61 posts in this topic

I don't dispute that organized groups change over time. No one can argue that the 19th century and early 20th Democrats were not a despicable lot that held on to racist philosophies and then about the time of Truman...perhaps because of Truman, the party turned the corner towards being the party of tolerance.

I agree that some of what the NRA is pushing today probably doesn't serve in the best interest of the country and that the NRA of the 1960s/70s was a more moderate group (because it represented owners only rather manufacturers I presume).Today, I don't understand resistance to universal background checks for all purchases, though there is logic to fighting a national firearms register as its been shown very recently how easy it is to abuse.

I got news for you. Both parties are a despicable bunch to this day.

The NRA does not oppose background checks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gun control has always been equaly about RACE control. Fortunately now the NRA supports all people's rights. Racists still want gun control. Democrats, who supported slavery, also want gun control.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Nothing missed sport.

The second ammendment and the intent of the authors was revisited and studied in detail and it was determined that the restrictive laws once supported were in fact unconstitutional.

It's not like the people who authored the dam thing didn't carefully craft their thoughts and intent of the ammendment and write it neatly down.

You're including restrictions that the NRA once supported as gun 'safety'? Really? Okay, so which gun restrictions is the current NRA in support of that follows what they used to support?

Maybe you missed this part of the article:

i don't get it.

Filed: Timeline

I agree that some of what the NRA is pushing today probably doesn't serve in the best interest of the country and that the NRA of the 1960s/70s was a more moderate group (because it represented owners only rather manufacturers I presume).

The NRA used to be a respected and exclusive organization. Then, they went on a membership blitz, became total whores for the self-defense types, and many of us sportsmen left.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The NRA used to be a respected and exclusive organization. Then, they went on a membership blitz, became total whores for the self-defense types, and many of us sportsmen left.

Maybe that's why the founders called it the National RIFLE Association, not the National Firearm Association. Does seem like they have moved away from their original reason for being in existence.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

The NRA pretends that there are no loopholes around these background checks. They are calling efforts to close the loopholes the "war on gun shows". The NRA pays lip service to background checks and then turns around defending the very venues of firearm acquisition that make an end-run around those background checks. I'd say don't be fooled by the NRA propaganda but, oh well...

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Note that I stated "universal background checks" IE for all purchases including private parties. As far as I am aware they are still opposing this unless its a very recent change.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The NRA pretends that there are no loopholes around these background checks. They are calling efforts to close the loopholes the "war on gun shows". The NRA pays lip service to background checks and then turns around defending the very venues of firearm acquisition that make an end-run around those background checks. I'd say don't be fooled by the NRA propaganda but, oh well...

Explain first what a loophole is and then explain how private parties selling guns to each other is a loophole?

When a law is passed on businesses or firearms dealers in this case, you can't turn around and cry loophole when the law was never intended for private transactions.

The law nor the spirit of that law was ever intended to stop me from selling my gun to my neighbor. so quit with the ANT-gun misinformation.

Businesses do not have second amendment rights people do.

I have been to a few gun shows and most of the folks there are dealers selling guns, they are required by law to comply with the law.

If I rent a table as a gunshow I am not required to do anymore than if I sold them at a flea market.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I would if there was a chance in hell that you are capable of understanding it. There isn't, so I won't.

Atts what I though..... now if I hear anymore Loophole ####### out of you I'll come over there and put my foot in your ______x

:innocent:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I would if there was a chance in hell that you are capable of understanding it. There isn't, so I won't.

you could explain your position and not curse and insult ... but then that would not feed your esteem problem.

When i picture you I get an image of that radical 60's guy Jenny was dating on Forrest Gump. The one that was all into freedom and power for the little man stuff, he had anger issues and beat Jenny at the Black Panther meeting.

Once again... I do feel sorry for you. You are so angry and so need validation.

Atts what I though..... now if I hear anymore Loophole ####### out of you I'll come over there and put my foot in your ______x

You described the loophole in your own post. The law is such that a person can easily obtain a firearm w/o ever having to submit to a background check. As long as that is the case, there is effectively no background check on firearms purchases. Period. That is a loophole. And it's big enough a loophole to arm a huge group of people who would not be able to obtain a firearm from a regular retailer. That's a big issue and nobody truly vested in gun safety would ever oppose to fix that issue. The NRA opposes to fix it.

That sounds kinda gay to me. Better go read the Bible again.

Danno is gay. And quite delusional thinking that he'd ever be able to get his foot anywhere near me.