Sara & Mark

Received a confusing E-Mail from USCIS today.

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm confused and USCIS won't give me an answer.

I received the e-mail below from USCIS today, it states "your Alien Registration Number was changed".

I'm a Naturalized US citizen, I no longer have an Alien Registration number, nor did I write it on my I130 application, so what does this mean? Anyone else out there in VJ land receiving this type of notification?

I checked the USCIS website as directed to in the e-mail I received but it provides the same information contained in the e-mail.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WACxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On January 11, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

vsi7c4s9mj0l.png

I received the e-mail below from USCIS today, it states "your Alien Registration Number was changed".

I'm a Naturalized US citizen, I no longer have an Alien Registration number, nor did I write it on my I130 application, so what does this mean? Anyone else out there in VJ land receiving this type of notification?

I checked the USCIS website as directed to in the e-mail I received but it provides the same information contained in the e-mail.

<snip>

Let us know what the USCIS Customer Service line tells you. Don't settle for the word of the first person you talk to. Request to be escalated to a tier 2 rep who can see more information about your case.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

On January 11, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

A# follow you even after becoming citizen (meaning it never ever goes away, even when it might not be used in forms); I never heard they would change it tough; but in any case, at some point, you will receive a NOA (related to the 130 you filed) where the A# will show up next to your name.

I am naturalized as well and when I petition for my now wife, in the NOA (for AOS I believe), there it was, the A# I had more than a decade ago.

I didn't get it changed tough.

Edited by Gosia & Tito

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a quick Q for the OP:

When did you initially send in your I-130? My husband is naturalized USC as well and we didn't fill in his Alien Number but his US Citizen Number. I wonder if we will receive the same notification as well and would like to know roughly when to expect it.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I am the BENEFICIARY

May 08: Met online via PS3/Call of Duty Multiplayer game; began chatting and playing regularly.
06/10/09: We become a couple <3
11/06/10: Engaged!!! (Technically we've been engaged for months, but he never had a chance to put a ring on me until Nov 6)
10/10/10: Married in Toronto!
03/2011: Filed for hubby's Canadian Permanent Residence.
10/11: Hubby's PR approved and moved to Toronto! (He just didn't like living here)

I-130
12/15/12: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
12/21/12: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to NBC
01/29/13: Received NOA2 via email (40 days since filing I-130)

NVC - ELECTRONIC PROCESSING FROM CANADA
02/06/2013: NVC Received
02/25/2013: Received IIN and BIN numbers
03/05/2013: Received Opt-in Confirmation email
03/26/2013: Received DS-260 / I-864 Bill
03/26/2013: Pay I-864 Bill
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed I-864
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-261
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-260
03/26/2013: Receive IV Bill
03/26/2013: IV Bill PAID
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed IV Packet
04/17/2013: AOS RFE Received sad.png
04/17/2013: Return RFE
04/30/2013: Case Completed at NVC

POST NVC

05/27/2013: Medical

06/17/2013: Interview/APPROVED!!!

06/19/2013: Visa ready for Pickup

xx/xx/xxxx: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

A# follow you even after becoming citizen (meaning it never ever goes away, even when it might not be used in forms); I never heard they would change it tough; but in any case, at some point, you will receive a NOA (related to the 130 you filed) where the A# will show up next to your name.

I am naturalized as well and when I petition for my now wife, in the NOA (for AOS I believe), there it was, the A# I had more than a decade ago.

I was gonna write that too. My wife she was adopted when little so she was naturalized right away but still got assigned an A number in order to come here first, like part of the process. That number sticks with you even for this kind of process. We used it on our i129f process and AOS process (her number, also mine of course). Basically they are telling you the number you had prior you became a US Citizen has changed and want to make you aware of that, no big deal really. Just keep in mind this new number to use it with all the new forms you will fill in the future when asked :).

AOS for parent Journey 

04/12/2021 → Filed I-130 online for parent (easier and didn't have AOS docs ready)

04/13/2021 → I-130 NOA1 available online

04/19/2021 → I-130 NOA1 Mail 

05/03/2021 → Sent through Fedex I-485 (with I-840 and sealed I-693 and I-130 NOA1 copy) I-765 I-131

05/06/2021 → Delivered to USCIS with signature confirmation.

05/25/2021 → Fingerprint Fee Was Received
05/26/2021 → Got text messages for I-485, I-765 and I-131 with receipt numbers.

05/27/2021 → Check cashed.

06/02/2021 → 3 NOAs for I-485, I-765 and I-131 arrived in the mail.

06/30/2021 → I485 online status update "Request for Initial Evidence"

07/06/2021 → RFIE letter arrived in the mail (I864 with 2020 tax return and w2s, 1090s)

07/23/2021 → Sent RFIE response through Fedex.

07/27/2021 → RFIE Response Delivered to USCIS with signature confirmation.

07/28/2021 → Status update RFIE response received. Working on case again. 

08/30/2021→Biometrics notice (no online case status update)

09/07/2021→ Biometrics letter arrived in the mail

09/22/2021 → Biometrics appointment completed. Online status updated 3 hours later to "Fingerprints Were Taken".

09/23/2021 → I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

10/22/2021 → I-130 - Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS

11/30/2021 → I-765 - Case approved.

12/01/2021 → I-131 - Case approved.

12/08/2021 → I-765 - Combo Card delivered.

01/03/2022 → SS Card delivered! (From Combo card application)

03/02/2022 → Interview scheduled. Notice coming in the mail soon.

03/17/2022 → I-130 Approved! Noa in the mail two days later.

03/31/2022 → Interview day and I-485 Card produced by the time we were leaving.
04/01/2022 → Case approved

04/04/2022 → NOA Case Approved arrived in the mail.
04/07/2022 → Parent's Green card in hand!

Timeline

Just a quick Q for the OP:

When did you initially send in your I-130? My husband is naturalized USC as well and we didn't fill in his Alien Number but his US Citizen Number. I wonder if we will receive the same notification as well and would like to know roughly when to expect it.

Filed on 7-23-2012

Priority Date 7-25-2012

NOA1 7-26-2012

I'm guessing you'll receive the same notification as I did based on the reply from another VJ member just prior to yours.

vsi7c4s9mj0l.png

Timeline

Thank you for the information, I just love this site, someone always has an answer to a question.

I'm taking this notification as a positive sign that someone at USCIS has actually placed their hands on my I130 application after more than five months. :dance:

vsi7c4s9mj0l.png

Timeline

I was gonna write that too. My wife she was adopted when little so she was naturalized right away but still got assigned an A number in order to come here first, like part of the process. That number sticks with you even for this kind of process. We used it on our i129f process and AOS process (her number, also mine of course). Basically they are telling you the number you had prior you became a US Citizen has changed and want to make you aware of that, no big deal really. Just keep in mind this new number to use it with all the new forms you will fill in the future when asked :).

I thank you as well for providing your insight, especially making me aware that I'll need to use the new number on all future forms and communication. :thumbs:

vsi7c4s9mj0l.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yep! your A# will remain with you wthether you become naturalized or not. I also have never heard or read of it being changed. you could ask to speak with and ISO and see if anything meaning will be revealed.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

Sincerely,

you petitioned for someone?? I had the exact same message, my husband is also a USC and we were also very confused and worried when we got this I know a few other ppl on VJ that got this message, but after I think a week or two of this message our case was approved, mine and some other members case that also got this message. I'm not saying that it had anything to do with it but you never know, because when we received our notice of approval they had assigned me an alien registration number, so I'm guessing it had something to do with them assigning that number. good luck

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I thank you as well for providing your insight, especially making me aware that I'll need to use the new number on all future forms and communication. :thumbs:

You welcome! :) I have gotten so much from vj that I like being of help in return to help others! ohh I love this community!

AOS for parent Journey 

04/12/2021 → Filed I-130 online for parent (easier and didn't have AOS docs ready)

04/13/2021 → I-130 NOA1 available online

04/19/2021 → I-130 NOA1 Mail 

05/03/2021 → Sent through Fedex I-485 (with I-840 and sealed I-693 and I-130 NOA1 copy) I-765 I-131

05/06/2021 → Delivered to USCIS with signature confirmation.

05/25/2021 → Fingerprint Fee Was Received
05/26/2021 → Got text messages for I-485, I-765 and I-131 with receipt numbers.

05/27/2021 → Check cashed.

06/02/2021 → 3 NOAs for I-485, I-765 and I-131 arrived in the mail.

06/30/2021 → I485 online status update "Request for Initial Evidence"

07/06/2021 → RFIE letter arrived in the mail (I864 with 2020 tax return and w2s, 1090s)

07/23/2021 → Sent RFIE response through Fedex.

07/27/2021 → RFIE Response Delivered to USCIS with signature confirmation.

07/28/2021 → Status update RFIE response received. Working on case again. 

08/30/2021→Biometrics notice (no online case status update)

09/07/2021→ Biometrics letter arrived in the mail

09/22/2021 → Biometrics appointment completed. Online status updated 3 hours later to "Fingerprints Were Taken".

09/23/2021 → I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

10/22/2021 → I-130 - Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS

11/30/2021 → I-765 - Case approved.

12/01/2021 → I-131 - Case approved.

12/08/2021 → I-765 - Combo Card delivered.

03/02/2022 → Interview scheduled. Notice coming in the mail soon.

03/17/2022 → I-130 Approved! Noa in the mail two days later.

03/31/2022 → Interview day and I-485 Card produced by the time we were leaving.
04/01/2022 → Case approved

04/04/2022 → NOA Case Approved arrived in the mail.
04/07/2022 → Parent's Green card in hand!

Timeline

you petitioned for someone?? I had the exact same message, my husband is also a USC and we were also very confused and worried when we got this I know a few other ppl on VJ that got this message, but after I think a week or two of this message our case was approved, mine and some other members case that also got this message. I'm not saying that it had anything to do with it but you never know, because when we received our notice of approval they had assigned me an alien registration number, so I'm guessing it had something to do with them assigning that number. good luck

Yes, an I130 petition for my wife.

I am beginning to understand, from input and replies from other VJ members, that the Alien Registration Number I had prior to becoming a naturalized citizen will stay with me for life and I'll need to reference it on future correspondence.

I'm just glad I received my first communication from USCIS since receiving my NOA1 on July 26th, 2012. I now feel like a human has placed their hands on my file and it is being processed in some manner.

vsi7c4s9mj0l.png

Timeline

Yes, an I130 petition for my wife.

I am beginning to understand, from input and replies from other VJ members, that the Alien Registration Number I had prior to becoming a naturalized citizen will stay with me for life and I'll need to reference it on future correspondence.

I'm just glad I received my first communication from USCIS since receiving my NOA1 on July 26th, 2012. I now feel like a human has placed their hands on my file and it is being processed in some manner.

yes that number will always be with you, however the message that you got on the USCIS page has to do with your petition for your wife, they have assigned her an alien number and that's why it says that it's been changed, as mentioned before mine said the same thing, on the approval notice my husband's alien number was the same as we had filled on the I-130 but now they had given me a number! I think it's a good thing and that you will be approved soon since you've also been waiting for a long time.

event.png

Timeline

Filed on 7-23-2012

Priority Date 7-25-2012

NOA1 7-26-2012

I'm guessing you'll receive the same notification as I did based on the reply from another VJ member just prior to yours.

So it took about 6 months for them to notify you have your Alien #..I was hoping they'd "touch" our application sooner, but I guess not :( We don't even know what his Alien # is anyways.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I am the BENEFICIARY

May 08: Met online via PS3/Call of Duty Multiplayer game; began chatting and playing regularly.
06/10/09: We become a couple <3
11/06/10: Engaged!!! (Technically we've been engaged for months, but he never had a chance to put a ring on me until Nov 6)
10/10/10: Married in Toronto!
03/2011: Filed for hubby's Canadian Permanent Residence.
10/11: Hubby's PR approved and moved to Toronto! (He just didn't like living here)

I-130
12/15/12: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
12/21/12: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to NBC
01/29/13: Received NOA2 via email (40 days since filing I-130)

NVC - ELECTRONIC PROCESSING FROM CANADA
02/06/2013: NVC Received
02/25/2013: Received IIN and BIN numbers
03/05/2013: Received Opt-in Confirmation email
03/26/2013: Received DS-260 / I-864 Bill
03/26/2013: Pay I-864 Bill
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed I-864
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-261
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-260
03/26/2013: Receive IV Bill
03/26/2013: IV Bill PAID
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed IV Packet
04/17/2013: AOS RFE Received sad.png
04/17/2013: Return RFE
04/30/2013: Case Completed at NVC

POST NVC

05/27/2013: Medical

06/17/2013: Interview/APPROVED!!!

06/19/2013: Visa ready for Pickup

xx/xx/xxxx: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You were supposed to provide that A#, which is on your certificate of naturalization. Perhaps someone looked it up for you, which is pretty nice since you could've gotten an RFE for that.

Show Timeline:

Apr 2009 - We first met. Fear at first sight!
Apr 2009 - First date--actually to bernie c's wedding no less!
Aug 2009 - promise ring
Nov 2009 - moved in together
Mar 2010 - pregnant!
May 2010 - engagement
Jun 2010 - wedding
Dec 2010 - its a girl!
Dec 2010 - signed marriage cert
May 2012 - got CRBA and passport for baby
06-16-2012 - I-130 Package sent for CR1 spousal visa
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
10-23-2012 - Paid AOS / Emailed DS-3032
11-08-2012 - Paid IV
11-21-2012 - Mailed AOS/IV packets
12-12-2012 - Received Checklist for Police Certificate (missing translation)
12-12-2012 - Mailed Translated PC
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC. Qualified for IR1 visa
03-19-2013 - Interview

06-21-2012 - USCIS received I130 from abroad
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC
03-19-2013 - Interview - Passed!

04-04-2013 - POE LAX 2 hour wait My parents picked us up!

04-16-2013 - Received green card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.