Tee1024

Complaint again Embassy

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

But the thing is that she was not 'depressed' she was grieving, and they are labeling her as depressed. Is that fair, after 7 years.

NO! It is not fair.

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Cant understand Y some ppl would badger those with a personal opinion here always negatively , but in life there are those ppl

one gotta just keep on stepping, one has to be unhappy to always offer up negatives and judgements even if they do have a pouint.

OP do what is requested from your mom and chalk it up as experience.

:yes: I agree with you jahwaree. OP negativity aside, you have received some great advice on here. Get the evaluation done ASAP.Your perseverance will pay off. God Bless.

Timeline

The COs have access to the medical reports, and it is possible that some flag was raised by the embassy approved doctor...in any event, the COs are there to protect American interests, which includes making sure that US taxpayers are not going to foot the bill for some existing medical condition that could be costly....so many OPs think they know better than the COs who have interviewed hundreds if not thousands of applicants...who (a) knows the laws and rules better and (b) has the experience and knowledge and authority to make visa decisions?? Answer: the COs....not some random person who thinks he or she knows more than the very people doing the job...question to those so knowledgeable OPs with complaints and opinions....when was the last time you told an airline pilot which way to point the plane, or when to land? How many of you told your favorite sports star how to throw a pass, hit a home run or make a basket? Why do you think you know more than the very people who have had the training and experience to carry out their duties? And if you really are so much more knowledeable than they are, why aren't you being sought by the State Dept to replace said CO? I think we all know the answer.

Just wondering, are you or have you ever been a CO? It sure sounds like you are mighty defensive on their behalf. They are just humans after all, right? It is possible that every now and again they are wrong too or they can make mistakes and poor decisions sometimes just like anyone else. Sure they are the experts in their field but at the end of the day they are just human experts, and unfortunately planes do crash ALL THE TIME. Please don't tell me they NEVER crash due to the fault of a pilot.

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Timeline

No one can help you...no one can intervene with the embassy..all anyone can do is mumble some platitudes, but they won't change the situation.

The COs have a checklist for immigrant visas, but there is no box or question that says something like:

'does the petitioner believe that his or her case is so special that it should be instantly approved without question lest the petitioner rant on about how unfair the lack of said instant approval would be?'..there is no such box nor requirement. Bemoaning the situation won't change it. A congressman or senator cannot change it. You cannot change it. Nor any deity.

A good CO is not going to compromise his/her ethical and legal obligations just because someone thinks they should.....period..

Are you really just like this or do you secretly just enjoy playing the devils advocate because you have nothing better to do? I hope it's the latter for your own sake. Anyways you have the right to your opinion but you have stated it here very clearly and more than once, we all get it and can see where you stand.

Bob Dylan

Timeline

Cant understand Y some ppl would badger those with a personal opinion here always negatively , but in life there are those ppl

one gotta just keep on stepping, one has to be unhappy to always offer up negatives and judgements even if they do have a pouint.

OP do what is requested from your mom and chalk it up as experience.

Amen

Bob Dylan

Filed: Timeline

Are you really just like this or do you secretly just enjoy playing the devils advocate because you have nothing better to do? I hope it's the latter for your own sake. Anyways you have the right to your opinion but you have stated it here very clearly and more than once, we all get it and can see where you stand.

Thanks for asking!

It's amazing how negative some people can get on here. And they disgise their negativity as providing 'advice' but in actuality they have their own agendas.

Edited by Boggy1974

Iron Sharpen Iron!

I wrote a letter to my Senator. They gave him a nice politically correct answer, basically saying they would follow the letter of the law, and then basically ignored him. In fact when my daughter got to her interview the CO had never seen it. He told her they work for the Executive brand and not the Legislative branch.

Goggle "consular nonreviewablility", and you will be shocked. Basically, no one can overturn a CO's decision. A power given to them in law.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Filing a complaint is not going to do anything.

The US Embassy has the final say on issuing visitor visas. Their decisions cannot be reviewed by anyone.

Visitor visas are privileges. The US Embassy can require any information that it deems relevant since no foreigner has a right to visit the US. If your mother wants the US visitor visa, then she can comply with the US Embassy's request. If she has no desire to comply, then she doesn't have to keep trying for a visitor visa.

:thumbs:Its their ball game.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

I wrote a letter to my Senator. They gave him a nice politically correct answer, basically saying they would follow the letter of the law, and then basically ignored him. In fact when my daughter got to her interview the CO had never seen it. He told her they work for the Executive brand and not the Legislative branch.

Goggle "consular nonreviewablility", and you will be shocked. Basically, no one can overturn a CO's decision. A power given to them in law.

Sigh, thank you for this. We will get the evaluation done.

Timeline

It should never be like this in any situation or any occupation. That is why we are American's because our ancestors fought for our freedom, that no one person would have complete and absolute power. Not even the president has this, that why it is called a democracy. I hate the media and drawing attention by demonstration, but thank God for it because actually we the people DO have the last say if we are willing to put in the extra fight for what we want. Raise enough HELL and awareness and then someone will listen if for no other reason out of fear or maybe to win brownie points. Hopefully it would be because they just want to do the right thing. They should never EVER forget but for immigrants America would not be this powerful nation that we are. We are all ancestors of immigrants and we are only 6 months shy of being 237 yrs old. We are a young nation built on immigration. Politicians don't want to be bothered by "petty" issues like immigration when they are sure they have more pressing matters. Bother them anyways after all they work for us, we put them in power therefore we can take them out. There are more of us than there are of them.

Bob Dylan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I'm also curious for those that involved their US Senators what your outcome was and your experience? Thanks.

I tried to get my senator involved when I was just requesting a tourist visa for my wife. At the time, we were just planning on visiting my family in the US. She was denied as they assumed we would want to stay in the US. No amount of proof of strong ties (business, property, etc) would convince them that we weren't planning on immigrating to the US permanently.

Shortly after, I got re-called for military duty. Now we HAVE to go back... A long process, that's for sure.

I never got any response from Senators that I contacted. Even being in the military. Politicians are useless unless you know someone high enough up to pull some strings, or if they think they can capitalize on the publicity of the situation.

That being said, I'd try everything possible though... even if there is a small chance of success.

Married: 2012-02-01

.:USCIS:.

11/16/2012 - I-130 Petition sent

11/20/2012 - Applied for PCC (Police Cert)

12/04/2012 - Received email NOA1

12/05/2012 - Faxed request to expedite to USCIS

12/19/2012 - Received I-797C NOA1 (notice date Dec 03, 2012)

12/26/2012 - Received PCC

12/28/2012 - Received email that approved case sent to Dept of State or NVC for visa processing

01/08/2013 - Received NOA2 (notice date Dec 19,2012) 16 Days from NOA1

.:NVC:.

01/08/2013 - Case arrived at NVC

01/09/2013 - Emailed NVC requesting expedited processing

01/12/2013 - Case # and IIN assigned

01/13/2013 - E-mailed DS-3032

01/13/2013 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID BILL

01/15/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID

01/15/2013 - Expedite request approved. Case forwarded to KL Embassy

01/15/2013 - Sent to Embassy

.:Kuala Lumpur Embassy:.

01/23/2013: Embassy received

01/25/2013: Embassy mailed IV Packet 3. Completed and returned

01/25/2013: Emailed Embassy requesting expedited processing

02/06/2013: Medical

02/19/2013: Interview 78 days from I-130 NOA1 APPROVED

02/21/2013: Visa

02/25/2013: Chicago POE

---

Immigration policies... Blah!

It should never be like this in any situation or any occupation. That is why we are American's because our ancestors fought for our freedom, that no one person would have complete and absolute power. Not even the president has this, that why it is called a democracy. I hate the media and drawing attention by demonstration, but thank God for it because actually we the people DO have the last say if we are willing to put in the extra fight for what we want. Raise enough HELL and awareness and then someone will listen if for no other reason out of fear or maybe to win brownie points. Hopefully it would be because they just want to do the right thing. They should never EVER forget but for immigrants America would not be this powerful nation that we are. We are all ancestors of immigrants and we are only 6 months shy of being 237 yrs old. We are a young nation built on immigration. Politicians don't want to be bothered by "petty" issues like immigration when they are sure they have more pressing matters. Bother them anyways after all they work for us, we put them in power therefore we can take them out. There are more of us than there are of them.

Sorry, but when Congress created consular authority, there was a rationale behind it....CO's decisions do not take place on U.S. soil...nor within the borders of the US of A, hence, their decisions can and should be distanced from the mechanisms in place within our country...so that those decisions are not and will not be influenced by anyone under any circumstances. You may not agree with this concept, but, in order to maintain border security (and not just from terrorists), CO's decisions cannot be monkeyed around with by congressmen or know-it-alls....because at the end of the day, none of the OPs 'know it all.' A CO with six months experience has likely interviewed thousands of applicants, seen and heard countless stories and excuses, but more importantly, they have had the training on top of the experience that gives them the insight they need to do their job. No petitioner or interested third party 'knows better' about a case, because no petitioner nor interested third party fully understands the scope of visa adjudication. Now, does every CO make every decision perfectly? No. But statistically, they are leaps and bounds more accurate than anyone else.

With their authority comes responsibility...which is why there exists a checks and balances system...who is called the consul general. He or she reviews the decisions made by their subordinates, so it is not as if every decision is made unchecked....especially with regard to immigrant visas. A CG does not review each and every tourist visa decision, but each and every immigrant visa decision is reviewed...for two reasons...one, to make sure that the laws are being followed and two, since a green card is essentially about to be granted to an applicant, they (the COs) want to make doubly sure that the future recipient meets ALL of the requirements. No petitioner nor interested third party knows what those requirements are, to the extent that a CO does, no matter what their pedigree.

At the end of the day, it's best to just follow the instructions of the CO, meet the requirements as outlined, and go on down the road. Trying to have a congressman intervene or, worse, think that by posting some complaint that the CO's decision will miraculously change, is just futile.

I worked behind the lines, so to speak, for several months, in a capacity similar to an intern, with COs at two different embassies, and sat in on their post-decision discussions, and worked with many in the fraud sections...it is breathtaking how much visa fraud there is in many countries, which most people living in the US have no idea of. So yes, I back their judgment over anyone else's, for all of the reasons I have given. Poeple may not agree with their decisions, but that fact alone does not mean that the decision taken was incorrect....or 'unfair.'

Edited by Noah Lot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.