Tee1024

Complaint again Embassy

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Yes this is an immigrant visa IR5 application, sorry i failed to mention above. I just don't think they treated her well from the start, an interview that's 3 hours long seems ridiculous to me and asking why my husband and I filed separate. But oh well.

Yes this is for the immigrant IR5 application. Sorry I failed to mention above.

Yes this is an immigrant visa IR5 application, sorry i failed to mention above. I just don't think they treated her well from the start, an interview that's 3 hours long seems ridiculous to me and asking why my husband and I filed separate. But oh well.

Yes this is for the immigrant IR5 application. Sorry I failed to mention above.

The COs have access to the medical reports, and it is possible that some flag was raised by the embassy approved doctor...in any event, the COs are there to protect American interests, which includes making sure that US taxpayers are not going to foot the bill for some existing medical condition that could be costly....so many OPs think they know better than the COs who have interviewed hundreds if not thousands of applicants...who (a) knows the laws and rules better and (b) has the experience and knowledge and authority to make visa decisions?? Answer: the COs....not some random person who thinks he or she knows more than the very people doing the job...question to those so knowledgeable OPs with complaints and opinions....when was the last time you told an airline pilot which way to point the plane, or when to land? How many of you told your favorite sports star how to throw a pass, hit a home run or make a basket? Why do you think you know more than the very people who have had the training and experience to carry out their duties? And if you really are so much more knowledeable than they are, why aren't you being sought by the State Dept to replace said CO? I think we all know the answer.

Filed: Other Timeline

Oh Pleasssseee...OP it does seem unfair , some countries and ppl get treated a bit more unfaily, however the CO does have a right to query depression

because mental health is an issue when one does the medical; grieving is normal for a spouse dont listen to naysayers, do whats required for her toe

obtain the visa Best wishes

The COs have access to the medical reports, and it is possible that some flag was raised by the embassy approved doctor...in any event, the COs are there to protect American interests, which includes making sure that US taxpayers are not going to foot the bill for some existing medical condition that could be costly....so many OPs think they know better than the COs who have interviewed hundreds if not thousands of applicants...who (a) knows the laws and rules better and (b) has the experience and knowledge and authority to make visa decisions?? Answer: the COs....not some random person who thinks he or she knows more than the very people doing the job...question to those so knowledgeable OPs with complaints and opinions....when was the last time you told an airline pilot which way to point the plane, or when to land? How many of you told your favorite sports star how to throw a pass, hit a home run or make a basket? Why do you think you know more than the very people who have had the training and experience to carry out their duties? And if you really are so much more knowledeable than they are, why aren't you being sought by the State Dept to replace said CO? I think we all know the answer.

The medical report that was submitted by the embassy physician was clear (the consular confirmed), the issue they have is why it doesn't state that she was depressed 7 years ago (grieving is what it was). I'm not saying depressing should not be a cause of concern if the individual is intact depressed, but in our case it's not so. I understand they are doing their job but we have gone through a lot with the embassy and yet I read some posts from other countries that the interview lasted 10 minutes.

Oh Pleasssseee...OP it does seem unfair , some countries and ppl get treated a bit more unfaily, however the CO does have a right to query depression

because mental health is an issue when one does the medical; grieving is normal for a spouse dont listen to naysayers, do whats required for her toe

obtain the visa Best wishes

Thanks

This statement does not answer my previous question....a CO has the training, experience and authority to make visa decisions, without input from interested third parties...when this case was set aside, pending more information, that same CO had to get his/her supervisor's OK...typically an individual with even more experience....so why is it you believe you know more than they do?

They (the COs) do this everyday...you are involved in one and only one case.

The COs have a moral, ethical and legal obligation to adhere to certain rules and regulations, rather than have their decisions influenced by self interested parties. Why should your case be approved with no questions asked, just because you want it to be? Can you cite any legal precedent for this action? If not, then do what the embassy has asked, rather than try to do an end run around their procedures.

This statement does not answer my previous question....a CO has the training, experience and authority to make visa decisions, without input from interested third parties...when this case was set aside, pending more information, that same CO had to get his/her supervisor's OK...typically an individual with even more experience....so why is it you believe you know more than they do?

They (the COs) do this everyday...you are involved in one and only one case.

The COs have a moral, ethical and legal obligation to adhere to certain rules and regulations, rather than have their decisions influenced by self interested parties. Why should your case be approved with no questions asked, just because you want it to be? Can you cite any legal precedent for this action? If not, then do what the embassy has asked, rather than try to do an end run around their procedures.

I did not say that I know better than they do and I did not say our case should be approved without questions. I'm saying we are treated unfairly.

That is just your opinion....but based on what? Again, who has the experience and authority? Everyone whose visa isn't approved at just under the speed of light makes similar claims...but mostly without any justification other than the person in question believes that their case should be treated differently, because they are somehow special...but in reality, no one is.

That is just your opinion....but based on what? Again, who has the experience and authority? Everyone whose visa isn't approved at just under the speed of light makes similar claims...but mostly without any justification other than the person in question believes that their case should be treated differently, because they are somehow special...but in reality, no one is.

You have made your point, but unfortunately i don't feel like answering all your questions because you are not helping me. I would like others who had similar experience respond. Thanks.

No one can help you...no one can intervene with the embassy..all anyone can do is mumble some platitudes, but they won't change the situation.

The COs have a checklist for immigrant visas, but there is no box or question that says something like:

'does the petitioner believe that his or her case is so special that it should be instantly approved without question lest the petitioner rant on about how unfair the lack of said instant approval would be?'..there is no such box nor requirement. Bemoaning the situation won't change it. A congressman or senator cannot change it. You cannot change it. Nor any deity.

A good CO is not going to compromise his/her ethical and legal obligations just because someone thinks they should.....period..

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My mother had her interview with the embassy in Zimbabwe back in November, as I mentioned this on my last post that the interview took 3 good hours. She didn't get the visa, they wanted me (the petitioner) to provide an explanation why my husband and I file our taxes separate last year even though he is not a co-sponsor plus a detailed explanation on my maternity leave. I provided that, they also wanted new medical exam. We provided all of it.

My mother had applied and was denied for a visitor's visa back in 2006 before I became a US citizen, at that time I was inviting her here as she had just lost my step-father and I thought this was going to be a good break for her. During her interview then she had mentioned this to them. They declined her because of some other reason, which was fine.

But this time after we submitted all the information they needed (on paragraph 1 above), they accepted this information but are not still giving her the visa because they are saying she is was depressed back in 2006 and depression left untreated can be a serious problem (my mother wasn't diagnosed with depression, it was self-reported and she was going through a grieving process) she is very healthy mentally and physically. They want her to see a Psychiatrist to be evaluated, they say on the medical exam we provided she failed to mention this to the physician and this is significant. I feel we are treated unfairly and it's becoming a nightmare. Has anyone ever filed a complaint again an Embassy? Should I just have her get evaluated, even though she is not depressed and leave it at that, my mother was grieving it's natural. I'm getting irritated by this process and confused.

I understand OP's reaction, it's just normal.

Reality check, we are all at the mercy of the consuls, whether we like it or not. Some of our other members here are on AP for reasons unknown and still haven't lose hope.

Bottom line, have mom undergo a psychological evaluation. That's the only way to prove that she's no longer depressed and that she's mentally fit to move to the US.

Good luck on your journey. :innocent:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Actually no it's not. If she hasn't been diagnosed with anything, who are they to be suspicious of it? They were told she was grieving for someone. Not that she was diagnosed with depression. The OP made it clear. So if anyone of us had someone die in our lifetime they could deny us on psychological grounds? I don't think so.

yes it is 100%. Doesn't matter if she was diagnosed, she admitted it. She was depressed, they know it. Am I saying she is depressed now, no.The CO acted on what he thought was in the best interest of this country, which is to not allow someone to obtain a visa who could potentially become a public charge. The best thing to do is have the mother get a pysch evaluation by an accredited physician, then present the findings. When you apply for a visa to this country all bets are off, you aren't entitled to anything. The CO has the right to deny someone if he thinks she will become a drain on our society.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Cant understand Y some ppl would badger those with a personal opinion here always negatively , but in life there are those ppl

one gotta just keep on stepping, one has to be unhappy to always offer up negatives and judgements even if they do have a pouint.

OP do what is requested from your mom and chalk it up as experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.