Love's JAA

changing embassy on k-1

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee' is residing in Dubai, UAE. She may go back home to the Philippines due to her working conditions deteriorating. I filed I-129F at the end of September with the intent that her case would be processed at Abu Dhabi. If she goes back to Philippines, what do I need to do and how much delay would be added by her going back, if the file is still at CA Svc Center?

Thanks.

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee' is residing in Dubai, UAE. She may go back home to the Philippines due to her working conditions deteriorating. I filed I-129F at the end of September with the intent that her case would be processed at Abu Dhabi. If she goes back to Philippines, what do I need to do and how much delay would be added by her going back, if the file is still at CA Svc Center?

Thanks.

Call USCIS and ask.

What would Xenu do?

Timeline

I called USCIS and they just read some page to me with like half a dozen different circumstances, none of which seemed to fit my case. It seems I'm supposed to send a letter to the California Service Center with the old and new addresses. They couldn't tell how much delay this may cause or possible problems.

Doesn't anyone on here have experience with this situation? :(

Here is the advise of some VJ member to me:

Contact the respective interviewing embassies/consulates and inquire about having the interview conducted in Manila. Realize that adding more steps or complications to the process may only result in more confusion, delays, detours of the process.

Remember the statement after Part B, Question #20 on the I-129F petition:

"NOTE: (Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the country of your fiancé(e)'s last residence does not guarantee acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate.)"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I am having the exact same issue with the UAE, but transferring to South Africa. I am also a September filer, but to Vermont. I phoned them and think i have a service request. Someone from there will be contacting me by the End of the month. Ill post results when I know.

Timeline

I am having the exact same issue with the UAE, but transferring to South Africa. I am also a September filer, but to Vermont. I phoned them and think i have a service request. Someone from there will be contacting me by the End of the month. Ill post results when I know.

Thanks. I appreciate any info you have. I can't believe it's so hard to find an answer.

Timeline

Here is the advise of some VJ member to me:

Contact the respective interviewing embassies/consulates and inquire about having the interview conducted in Manila. Realize that adding more steps or complications to the process may only result in more confusion, delays, detours of the process.

Remember the statement after Part B, Question #20 on the I-129F petition:

"NOTE: (Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the country of your fiancé(e)'s last residence does not guarantee acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate.)"

Thanks for your reply. It seems you were further along in the process when you were changing the embassy. My petition is still being processed at the USCIS California Service Center, not the State Dept. So trying to find out how to change the address there before it gets to the State Dept.

Timeline

Thanks for your reply. It seems you were further along in the process when you were changing the embassy. My petition is still being processed at the USCIS California Service Center, not the State Dept. So trying to find out how to change the address there before it gets to the State Dept.

Ok , ive learned some things the hard way. so, you need to call and ask to speak to an iSo, because the person you speak to first, can't help you. They may put In a service request, but you HAVE to make sure they get your new address...I tried , but the guy I got was nice, but sounded new. Anyway, you can only make 1 service request every 30 days, so make sure you give all the information you can n the first one...and be sure to ask for An ISO or transfer service. Learn from my mistakes, please. This is as far as I have gotten, I saw someone else who tried the same, and their stuff took a while in the shuffle, so better to take care of it ASAP or tell her to tough it out or find a new job in UAE In the mean time. Good luck! Let me know what you learn, please!!

Timeline

Ok , ive learned some things the hard way. so, you need to call and ask to speak to an iSo, because the person you speak to first, can't help you. They may put In a service request, but you HAVE to make sure they get your new address...I tried , but the guy I got was nice, but sounded new. Anyway, you can only make 1 service request every 30 days, so make sure you give all the information you can n the first one...and be sure to ask for An ISO or transfer service. Learn from my mistakes, please. This is as far as I have gotten, I saw someone else who tried the same, and their stuff took a while in the shuffle, so better to take care of it ASAP or tell her to tough it out or find a new job in UAE In the mean time. Good luck! Let me know what you learn, please!!

I forgot the important part, I got an email today basically saying, that I didn't provide the information needed when the person put in the request, which was him, not me, but they can only do 1 request per case per 30 days, or so they say. The ISO(today) I got seemed understanding and competent, but she couldn't add a new request, yet the couple of ways she tried.

Timeline

Thanks for the update. I will see what I can find out, though I'm coming up dry so far.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks.

You can't change the Consulate assignment until she has a new address. How to do that and how much delay it will cause depends on the status of the case at that moment. Chances are, there will be nothing you can actually accomplish until the case is in Abu Dhabi. Then you request a transfer which will delay the process a few weeks. You can TRY to change the address with USCIS, but don't count on success. Again, until she actually moves, you can do nothing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You can't change the Consulate assignment until she has a new address. How to do that and how much delay it will cause depends on the status of the case at that moment. Chances are, there will be nothing you can actually accomplish until the case is in Abu Dhabi. Then you request a transfer which will delay the process a few weeks. You can TRY to change the address with USCIS, but don't count on success. Again, until she actually moves, you can do nothing.

Thanks for your reply!

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Thanks for the update. I will see what I can find out, though I'm coming up dry so far.

I think you are further along in the process now. Our petition had been approved...and our status had updated (twice somehow) that our address had been updated, it seems the update was effective. I'll let you know what happens next. Just thought I would follow up if no one else had heard. Will be in touch with NVC late next week to see where we are.

Timeline

I think you are further along in the process now. Our petition had been approved...and our status had updated (twice somehow) that our address had been updated, it seems the update was effective. I'll let you know what happens next. Just thought I would follow up if no one else had heard. Will be in touch with NVC late next week to see where we are.

Thanks for the update, and congratulations on NOA2.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:thumbs:

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.