I AM NOT THAT GUY

Gay bashing pastor will not give the benediction at the inaugural

147 posts in this topic

I'm waiting for the anti-gay Bible thumpers to start promoting incest too since it was in the Bible. :o

“Then the firstborn said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of the earth. “Come, let us make our father drink wine, and let us lie with him that we may preserve our family through our father.” So they made their father drink wine that night, and the firstborn went in and lay with her father; and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. On the following day, the firstborn said to the younger, “Behold, I lay last night with my father; let us make him drink wine tonight also; then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve our family through our father.” So they made their father drink wine that night also, and the younger arose and lay with him; and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose.” Gen. 19:31-35

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

It just seems odd you have 100% faith in Christs word but not in the Church he instituted by those closest to him.

That's exactly what Christians should do. The church is governed by man, the Bible was written by man. Man is imperfect and not born free of sin hence man cannot judge man for Jesus/God.

Whats to think about.... your position is -that Christ was snookered by those clever disciples. They took his good message and perverted it.

Yup.

“Then the firstborn said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of the earth. “Come, let us make our father drink wine, and let us lie with him that we may preserve our family through our father.” So they made their father drink wine that night, and the firstborn went in and lay with her father; and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. On the following day, the firstborn said to the younger, “Behold, I lay last night with my father; let us make him drink wine tonight also; then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve our family through our father.” So they made their father drink wine that night also, and the younger arose and lay with him; and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose.” Gen. 19:31-35

I'm my own grandpa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That's exactly what Christians should do. The church is governed by man, the Bible was written by man. Man is imperfect and not born free of sin hence man cannot judge man for Jesus/God.

What does this even mean?

We should have no court system? We should not conclude the murderer did wrong?

We should not snicker at men who act like women?

When we speak in a biblical sense,

I think sometimes people confuse Judging in the sense of discerning between right and wrong and the other is Judging people eternal disposition.

The first one is necessary the second is not our place.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

I'm waiting for the anti-gay Bible thumpers to start promoting incest too since it was in the Bible. :o

That something is recorded in the bible in no way gives license to the act.... if not then one could read Judas betraying Christ and determine because it is written... it must be "promoted".

KIng David took a mans wife (well kinda borrowed) and it got worse from there. In the end he repented but he lost those things most dear to him.

Reading about Noah's daughters in one paragraph does not give context of what the end result of that was.

William Penn

What does this even mean?

We should have no court system? We should not conclude the murderer did wrong?

We should not snicker at men who act like women?

When we speak in a biblical sense,

I think sometimes people confuse Judging in the sense of discerning between right and wrong and the other is Judging people eternal disposition.

The first one is necessary the second is not our place.

It means that man cannot put a man in jail and say that's what God would have wanted or done. God/Jesus didn't create the justice system and has no need for one; they are a forgiving pair.

And how is homosexuality wrong? How does a gay relationship hurt you and your loved ones?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It means that man cannot put a man in jail and say that's what God would have wanted or done. God/Jesus didn't create the justice system and has no need for one; they are a forgiving pair.

And how is homosexuality wrong? How does a gay relationship hurt you and your loved ones?

In theory they are, but remember that man created god to his own image, therefore, the deity carries the same traces which are intrinsic to humans! Why else would anyone mention 'ire' or 'wrath' or any such human emotions and attribute them to the alleged pinnacle of perfection?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

In theory they are, but remember that man created god to his own image, therefore, the deity carries the same traces which are intrinsic to humans! Why else would anyone mention 'ire' or 'wrath' or any such human emotions and attribute them to the alleged pinnacle of perfection?

Because God made man in his image as you said. You therefore can onlly conclude that God = man & man = God. So a human got a bunch of us to believe in 'a heavenly father' (which is just man in a toga) so that he can get our tides and offerings, not pay tax and justify all the cruelty & wrongs he's about to unleash on the undesirables.

That something is recorded in the bible in no way gives license to the act.... if not then one could read Judas betraying Christ and determine because it is written... it must be "promoted".

KIng David took a mans wife (well kinda borrowed) and it got worse from there. In the end he repented but he lost those things most dear to him.

Reading about Noah's daughters in one paragraph does not give context of what the end result of that was.

So you admit to being anti-gay and using the parts of the Bible to support your view yet ignore what the Savior himself said? The Old Testament is relative to anti gays so why not incest? The incest here is not being condemned is it? Judas was condemned for what he did, but it had to take place in order to fulfill the prophecy.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Danno, don't expect an honest scholarly answer from people who are trying to just have fun at your expense. They won't take it seriously until the Spirit of God arrests their hearts. But I think you've been giving good answers.

It all comes down to authority and whose authority is accepted as the ultimate. We submit to God as our authority; they believe they are the ultimate authority. Until God converts them, you'll get the same type of ridiculing answer after scoffing answer. But why should we be surprised? We were once enemies of God, and suppressed the truth in our unrighteousness, too. (Romans 1)

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Danno, don't expect an honest scholarly answer from people who are trying to just have fun at your expense. They won't take it seriously until the Spirit of God arrests their hearts. But I think you've been giving good answers.

It all comes down to authority and whose authority is accepted as the ultimate. We submit to God as our authority; they believe they are the ultimate authority. Until God converts them, you'll get the same type of ridiculing answer after scoffing answer. But why should we be surprised? We were once enemies of God, and suppressed the truth in our unrighteousness, too. (Romans 1)

What kind of answer is this? The questions or responses aren't valid or honest because they're coming from people who haven't been "converted by God" yet?

Ugh.

Timeline

So you admit to being anti-gay and using the parts of the Bible to support your view yet ignore what the Savior himself said? The Old Testament is relative to anti gays so why not incest? The incest here is not being condemned is it? Judas was condemned for what he did, but it had to take place in order to fulfill the prophecy.

How do we know if Noahs daughters were punished, you did a drive-by posting of just one paragraph.... not that I am suprized, I see this all the time, people read a little tidbit here or there on-line and think they

1. know what that one passage means

2. what the whole bible says.

(forgive me if I misjudge you)

Where does it say Judas was condemned? He hung himself.

What you need to do is take some of the very clear scripture which condemns Homosexuality or adultery, and explain to everyone who it actually means something else.

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What kind of answer is this? The questions or responses aren't valid or honest because they're coming from people who haven't been "converted by God" yet?

Ugh.

I refer to scoffing answers. Sorry.

And yes, by definition, a man/woman hates the things of God and deceives himself until converted.

It's a worldview thing. Your whole worldview must be converted from the worldview of the kingdom of darkness (or the "me" as ultimate authority) to the kingdom of light (God as ultimate authority).

It's not meant as an insult.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

How do we know if Noahs daughters were punished, you did a drive-by posting of just one paragraph.... not that I am suprized, I see this all the time, people read a little tidbit here or there on-line and think they

1. know what that one passage means

2. what the whole bible says.

(forgive me if I misjudge you)

Where does it say Judas was condemned? He hung himself.

What you need to do is take some of the very clear scripture which condemns Homosexuality or adultery, and explain to everyone who it actually means something else.

:rofl: :rofl: So the tidbit about Lot doesn't tell the whole story, but one sentence by Paul does. Priceless. What does the whole of the New Testament say to you? I'm sure it's not love and forgiveness by your obtuse answers. Like those you criticize, you pick and chose what you want. Of course it's ok when you do it and wrong for everyone else.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I refer to scoffing answers. Sorry.

And yes, by definition, a man/woman hates the things of God and deceives himself until converted.

It's incredibly arrogant to believe that your religion is so very correct that anybody who "scoffs" at it isn't worth responding to because their hearts haven't been arrested by whatever. Absolutely ridiculous and one of the main reasons religion was always a turn off for me.