I AM NOT THAT GUY

Gay bashing pastor will not give the benediction at the inaugural

147 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Inaugural pastor withdraws over anti-gay remarks

The evangelical pastor chosen to give the benediction at President Barack Obama's inauguration withdrew from the ceremony Thursday after remarks he made two decades ago condemning the gay rights movement surfaced.

The Rev. Louie Giglio of Passion City Church in Atlanta said in a statement he withdrew because it was likely that the "prayer I would offer will be dwarfed by those seeking to make their agenda the focal point of the inauguration."

Addie Whisenant, a spokeswoman for the Presidential Inaugural Committee, said the committee had chosen Giglio because of his work to end human trafficking.

"We were not aware of Pastor Giglio's past comments at the time of his selection and they don't reflect our desire to celebrate the strength and diversity of our country at this inaugural," Whisenant said in a statement.

The liberal website ThinkProgress posted audio of the sermon Wednesday. In the talk, which the pastor said he gave 15 or 20 years ago, Giglio cited Scripture and called same-sex relationships sinful and an abomination. He warned congregants about what he called the "aggressive agenda" for acceptance of the "homosexual lifestyle." And he recommended the writings of an advocate for therapy that aims to convert gays and lesbians into heterosexuals.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130110/US.Inauguration.Pastor.Benediction/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Christians will never stop calling homosexual relationships sinful and abominable. We derive our morals (and everything else in our worldview) from the Bible which we believe to be Divinely inspired. And an honest exposition of it clearly condemns homosexuality, no matter how much gibberish I hear from "homosexual Christians" who twist the scripture to try to make it say what they want it to say.

Not to say that we don't love homosexuals as our neighbors, and would live and die for them. We, too, were once in rebellion against God and were under condemnation. It wouldn't be right to hate any one of them. Hate the sin, but love the sinner. Something many so-called Christians have trouble remembering nowadays.

And I don't consider it gay-bashing to stand up for these beliefs, just like I don't consider it atheist bashing to stand as a Christian. I'm also not afraid to stand face to face with anyone standing against Christians on this principle.

That's all I've got to say.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Hmm odd that what a pastor said should be a big deal to Obama, I mean that has never been an issue before , right ?

Christians will never stop calling homosexual relationships sinful and abominable. We derive our morals (and everything else in our worldview) from the Bible which we believe to be Divinely inspired. And an honest exposition of it clearly condemns homosexuality, no matter how much gibberish I hear from "homosexual Christians" who twist the scripture to try to make it say what they want it to say.

Not to say that we don't love homosexuals as our neighbors, and would live and die for them. We, too, were once in rebellion against God and were under condemnation. It wouldn't be right to hate any one of them. Hate the sin, but love the sinner. Something many so-called Christians have trouble remembering nowadays.

And I don't consider it gay-bashing to stand up for these beliefs, just like I don't consider it atheist bashing to stand as a Christian. I'm also not afraid to stand face to face with anyone standing against Christians on this principle.

What did Jesus say?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Awesome. Personally, I'm offended that there's a benediction at all at an inauguration.

agreed.

but i'm more offended that there's an inauguration period. he's already president. why spend another 100 million plus for the sake of ceremony?

agreed.

but i'm more offended that there's an inauguration period. he's already president. why spend another 100 million plus for the sake of ceremony?

Bah, won't show a preview. :(

Edited by the maven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I got Baptized in 2001. In church every time the door opened. It's like recruiting. They get you in then, the real world starts. Backstabbing, fighting , gossiping, stealing,. People are people but it seems to be worse in any church I have attended. Talking about some bad parents and messed up kids.. Not that there are not some fine chrsitians out there, it's just that so many of them are mean, judgmental and selfish and they don't ever feel guilty becuse they use God to justify it all.

One Postive. The Girls in church for the most part loved sex. Me and my budies use to say. The louder they pray and holler amen, the greater the chance you will be having parking lot sex. If they put their hands in the air it's a sure thing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What did Jesus say?

Love. Plain and simple. And if I believe that someone's lifestyle is sending them on a path to hell, I'll let them know if they ever give me the chance. But only if they're open to listening. Otherwise, I'd just be casting pearls before swine. And in the meantime I'll get "trampled" by them if I don't consider them. You just gotta be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's work in their lives, and he'll lead them if he wants to.

I got Baptized in 2001. In church every time the door opened. It's like recruiting. They get you in then, the real world starts. Backstabbing, fighting , gossiping, stealing,. People are people but it seems to be worse in any church I have attended. Talking about some bad parents and messed up kids.. Not that there are not some fine chrsitians out there, it's just that so many of them are mean, judgmental and selfish and they don't ever feel guilty becuse they use God to justify it all.

You mean Christians are sinners, too? Christ came to heal the sick, not the well. Sounds like the Christians you know are in need of him, like all of us.

One Postive. The Girls in church for the most part loved sex. Me and my budies use to say. The louder they pray and holler amen, the greater the chance you will be having parking lot sex. If they put their hands in the air it's a sure thing.

This actually churned my stomach reading it.

Though, I won't doubt there are hypocrites in that church, you need to recognize one day their deeds will find them out. If what these so-called Christians believe is true, then they especially won't be spared from God's coming judgement.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Love. Plain and simple. And if I believe that someone's lifestyle is sending them on a path to hell, I'll let them know if they ever give me the chance. But only if they're open to listening. Otherwise, I'd just be casting pearls before swine. And in the meantime I'll get "trampled" by them if I don't consider them. You just gotta be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's work in their lives, and he'll lead them if he wants to.

You mean Christians are sinners, too? Christ came to heal the sick, not the well. Sounds like the Christians you know are in need of him, like all of us.

This actually churned my stomach reading it.

Though, I won't doubt there are hypocrites in that church, you need to recognize one day their deeds will find them out. If what these so-called Christians believe is true, then they especially won't be spared from God's coming judgement.

My ww2 hero pillar of the community has two favorite sayings.. "The longer and louder they pray over dinner the closer you better count the silverware". AND Watch the head of a country , the more ridiculous the hat he wears the more likely the country is to start trouble.

He never mentioned homosexuals, let alone as outcasts excluded from Heaven.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015