We Keep Receipts

Two shot in California

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I was totally joking. I don't think it makes it easier not to care at all.

Of course I know you were joking.... I get your humor because I have a healthy sense of humor myself.

Though I think it is natural to care less the more disconnected we are from the groups experiencing anything.

When out family members are affected we care most then our friends and neighbors and the farther out the connection goes the harder it is to feel the same level of impact.

If 911 happend in your city you would feel it more than if it happened in London or bali.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, I have to start somewhere, but yeah that's the gist of it. I didn't live through the times my Grandfather did, but when I listen to what he went through, I am ashamed of what I see now. It's not easy for sure, we tend to idolize violence and misogmy towards women. I refuse to use the b word or the N word. And I finally got myself re-enrolled in some college classes. Hopefully start in March :dance:

Bingo!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

http://news.blogs.cn...ting/?hpt=hp_t1

Updated at 2:19 p.m. ET] A student shot another student with a shotgun Thursday morning at a California high school, said Ray Pruitt of the Kern County Sheriff's Department.

The shooting happened in the science building at Taft (California) High School near Bakersfield, Pruitt said. The wounded student was airlifted to a hospital, and a suspect is in custody, he said.

Earlier, the county's fire department said two people were hurt, though it also said the second injured person had "minor" injuries and refused medical treatment.

Details of what led to the shooting weren't immediately available. Pruitt said he didn't know whether the shooting happened in a classroom. Law enforcement officers were going through the school to "make sure there no suspects outstanding," Pruitt said.

Taft is about 25 miles southwest of Bakersfield and 100 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

[initial post, 2:03 p.m. ET] Two people are hurt and a suspect is in custody following a shooting Thursday morning at a California high school, officials say.

The shooting happened at Taft (California) High School near Bakersfield, the Kern County Fire Department says. One person was transported to a medical center, and a second person – who is said to have suffered minor injuries – refused medical treatment, according to the fire department.

Kern County Sheriff's Department officials were going room-by-room to secure the school, according to CNN affiliate KERO.

Students at the high school "have been evacuated to another area of the campus," the fire department said on its Facebook page.

For more on this story, go to KERO.

Taking my ar-15 would have prevented this problem

It's not because they are black though for some that makes it more distant so more easy not to care but....

People in general feel great compassion for the loss of life of people who are doing the "right thing" and basically being a good citizen neighbor.

In this case you often have drug dealing peeps or those whose lives are seen as trouble anyway..... color is not the main issue, if we had a huge sub culture of whites, dragging down every city and bankrupting the court system and

social services and they started having drive bys every night in trailer parks, no one would care about that either.

Huge segments of the Black community are in a free fall, and I can't recall Obama or anyone else putting together a serious task force to 1. Evaluate 2. estimate. 3 Chart a course of action.

It's like even "The Blacks" don't care.

Problem is that we do care, but the mainstream media doesn't cover a lot of black shootings. You have to watch local news outlets in those particular cities to get the information on those killings. That 500+ death toll in Chicago isn't just gang bangers and drug dealers, quite a few are innocent bystanders and children younger than those in Newton. To fix this doesn't take Obama or anyone other high government official, the people need to step in and do something.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yes "if".

we do not have dozens of slayings every weekend in these demographics but feel free to make your case if you disagree.

i assume you're talking about a specific geographic location...if you think white people aren't out there killing and getting killed every weekend, get your head out of the sand.

2011 arrests by race

Timeline

i assume you're talking about a specific geographic location...if you think white people aren't out there killing and getting killed every weekend, get your head out of the sand.

2011 arrests by race

Did you read the Data you shared?

4000 whites were arrested for Murder, yet 4149 Blacks were arrested for murder.

SO More blacks were arrested for murder even though they are 1/5 of the population of whites.

Lets look at The under-18 cat.

Whites arrested for murder-293

Blacks arrested for murder-351

William Penn

Did you read the Data you shared?

4000 whites were arrested for Murder, yet 4149 Blacks were arrested for murder.

SO More blacks were arrested for murder even though they are 1/5 of the population of whites.

Lets look at The under-18 cat.

Whites arrested for murder-293

Blacks arrested for murder-351

the data i shared shows that both races kill. human beings kill. there is a problem with human beings killing other human beings.

Timeline

the data i shared shows that both races kill. human beings kill. there is a problem with human beings killing other human beings.

I point out the that no one cares that large parts of the Black community are spiraling out of control with lawlessnes, but murder being the most stark......

you reply back there is a problem with human beings killing other human beings.

Did they do math and reason where you come from?

With all respect, lets drop it.

William Penn