justa

I have forgot to write address on I-130

17 posts in this topic

Hi there!!

I had interview yesterday at Frankfurt.My husband is American Citizen and we live here in Germany.

He is stationed here.Anyways we forgot to put on I-130 our address in States because we don't know where we gonna live.

What should we do??Should we go again and bring new I -130?? My husband leaves in April and I hope we can go together.

Please help.

J

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you know where you will live when you complete the DS-230, enter that address on that form.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

If you know where you will live when you complete the DS-230, enter that address on that form.

Thank you Ryan for your reply!

I just hope that they will approve my I-130 without that information.

It's so difficult to contact anyone in Frankfurt Consulate.

Filed: Timeline

Maybe you can try contacting the USCIS office in Frankfurt. Not sure if you have already tried this contact information:

Tel: 069-7535-2233

Email: uscis.frankfurt@dhs.gov

Good luck with the process. We filed the I-130 on October 12, 2012 and I have my interview on January 16, 2013. So keep your fingers crossed that you will be able to go with your husband.

Maybe you can try contacting the USCIS office in Frankfurt. Not sure if you have already tried this contact information:

Tel: 069-7535-2233

Email: uscis.frankfurt@dhs.gov

Good luck with the process. We filed the I-130 on October 12, 2012 and I have my interview on January 16, 2013. So keep your fingers crossed that you will be able to go with your husband.

It's so hard to reach them.It's crazy!!

I asked few things in email but they only answered one question.I am gonna keep trying!!

Wow!! So happy for you,that is not long at all.

Are you in Air force as well??

Sorry, I can imagine it being a headache trying to reach them. I did read in other forums that it is better not to send in or file a corrected I-130 as that may delay the process. I would imagine it is probably a good idea if you can reach them on the phone or e-mail though. Good luck!!

No, not Air force, just my American husband when we both were living in Munich (I am South American). I think filing in person in Frankfurt definitely helps with times. And make sure to start collection all the documents the visa section will require as soon as possible. If you have everything ready, once the I-130 gets approved, the process goes really fast.

We never received an NOA1 or an NOA2 but directly the third package. I think it is normal not to receive the NOA1 if you file in person, so don't worry if you don't get it.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Sorry, I can imagine it being a headache trying to reach them. I did read in other forums that it is better not to send in or file a corrected I-130 as that may delay the process. I would imagine it is probably a good idea if you can reach them on the phone or e-mail though. Good luck!!

No, not Air force, just my American husband when we both were living in Munich (I am South American). I think filing in person in Frankfurt definitely helps with times. And make sure to start collection all the documents the visa section will require as soon as possible. If you have everything ready, once the I-130 gets approved, the process goes really fast.

We never received an NOA1 or an NOA2 but directly the third package. I think it is normal not to receive the NOA1 if you file in person, so don't worry if you don't get it.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you so much.You helped me so much.

I called them today and said I won't receive any case number till next step.

Do you know what kind of documents I need for a second part??

I know D-230 part I and II and Criminal records ( I need 3 of them lol.One from Poland - I am Polish Citizen and second from Spain,I have lived there 4 years and now from Germany)

Gracias para todo.Tengas un buen día:)

I'm glad you were able to talk to them. You will need to gather all the documents you can found on the german embassy web page. (go to visas, immigrant visas, how to apply, step 4, and then the link that says: IV Document checklist). Sorry, I can't post links here because I am too new :-) .

Be sure to get all of those ready as soon as you can.

Igual para ti!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, ds-230 and I-864 is next.

Don't sweat the address on the I-130, but do sweat it for the ds-230 - have an address sussed out by then, even if a po box in the usa -

as that's where the green card will be mailed.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

ya, ds-230 and I-864 is next.

Don't sweat the address on the I-130, but do sweat it for the ds-230 - have an address sussed out by then, even if a po box in the usa -

as that's where the green card will be mailed.

Thank you so much.

You all guys have been very helpful.

Does anybody know what happens after I-130 gets approved.

We field in Frankfurt so not sure if it's different.

Does USCIS sends our papers to NVC in States???

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Does USCIS sends our papers to NVC in States???

No

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

I have a quick question....

MY husband filed for me I-130 last week and I would like to know if I need to wait till my case is approved before sending DS-230 and Affidavit of Support.

I would love to speed up the process because My husband has orders and he leaves in April.

Thank you for any information:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a quick question....

MY husband filed for me I-130 last week and I would like to know if I need to wait till my case is approved before sending DS-230 and Affidavit of Support.

I would love to speed up the process because My husband has orders and he leaves in April.

Thank you for any information:)

Yes, you have to wait for approval then you have to be billed for them.

That's a whole other part of the process.

I'd say whole other half, but I think in some cases it's less than the I-130 part =]

You say he has orders as in military orders?

I think maybe you can apply for an expedite?

Then you'd get approval much faster than like 4-5 months.

No guarantee, but can't hurt to try.

oldlady.gif

Yes, you have to wait for approval then you have to be billed for them.

That's a whole other part of the process.

I'd say whole other half, but I think in some cases it's less than the I-130 part =]

You say he has orders as in military orders?

I think maybe you can apply for an expedite?

Then you'd get approval much faster than like 4-5 months.

No guarantee, but can't hurt to try.

Ok, Thank you for reply.

Yes military orders but I think you can expedite process if my husband is gonna deploy that's the only exception:(

We filed in person and we informed the officer that my husband will leave in April he told out we should be ok to leave together.

I think it's quicker if you do in in person.

Do you know when should I do my medical exam some people do it way before interview.

It's all so confusing:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.