Mr. Big Dog

The American Way of Life: Dying Early

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357833705' post='5914193]

No cutoff age necessary, but we'd all be better off if your average retiree didn't live for 30 years after becoming social security and medicare eligible. If that average came down to 10 or 15, we'd all be better off.

Put another way, the U.S. would benefit from worse healthcare.

I'd love to see a politician run that up the flagpole.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357833705' post='5914193]

No cutoff age necessary, but we'd all be better off if your average retiree didn't live for 30 years after becoming social security and medicare eligible. If that average came down to 10 or 15, we'd all be better off.

Put another way, the U.S. would benefit from worse healthcare.

Really!. A lot of americans think the Canadian healthcare model is bad. By that logic, why not adopt it since its worse.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I'd love to see a politician run that up the flagpole.

The cost of staying healthy is not the problem, it is the cost of dying. Cut back on all the heroism in the final months and years of a lost cause, and worry more about patient comfort, for an easy passing.

Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357834124' post='5914207]

You'd have to set a maximum age of voting first. I'm thinking 50.

:rofl:

Awesome!

Filed: Timeline

The cost of staying healthy is not the problem, it is the cost of dying. Cut back on all the heroism in the final months and years of a lost cause, and worry more about patient comfort, for an easy passing.

problem, of course, is knowing when it's time to move from heroic to palliative. do we trust the doctors when they tell us the time is now? or do we think they're just being whores for aetna?

Thanks for taking my vote away! :angry:

you don't need it anyway.

Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357834261' post='5914215]

problem, of course, is knowing when it's time to move from heroic to palliative. do we trust the doctors when they tell us the time is now? or do we think they're just being whores for aetna?

you don't need it anyway.

Probably will need to take away their internet access as well.

Timeline

My surgeon told me that one time, when my diagnosis turned out to be more accurate than his was.

Thanks for making my point.

:whistle:

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357834718' post='5914236]

Holy chit they had chocolate chip pancakes in the cafeteria this morning and I missed it!

I want pancakes :( There's no cafeteria at my work. And they removed the vending machines!