CHarvey80

I-130 and I-129 filers, LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED!

126 posts in this topic

Ok, I am going to say this one more time, and I hope next time people read before making comments. No one is attacking or blaming any kids, so relax, please. Nobody is saying that they should be deported or anything like that. All we are saying is that the same way the US goverment is eager to find easier ways for them to be forgiven even if they break the law, and they do, whether you want to hear it or not, the should be doing the same with US citizens that are filing a petition and following the rules. It doesn't bother me if they get to become lawful residents, great for them!! But I consider that all of us doing things right deserve the same considerations. Is that really that hard to understand? A lot of people here have been waiting for over a year and they are still waiting. Is that ok? No, it's not. And that is why we are complaining. Again, it's not against people, it's against the way USCIS and the US goverment deal with all of these.

If you want to be patient, great for you, I've been patient too, waited the time I had to wait and more. I don't know what your situation is, but a lot of us don't get the opportunity to visit our spouses in the US and a lot of us have children too. And we deserve better than is. You just filed last October. Let me tell you that you start losing hope later down the road, hope you don't have to wait that long.

If you have something to say that may help our cause, bring it up, I'd love to hear you. But criticizing for the sake of it doesn't help anybody.

But dont you see how waiting over a year, and even your case of filing in June, means that you have not been affected by the Dream Act AT ALL. So what are you writing about? Why are you complaining about these filers? People who have filed AFTER the Dream Act have had their cases transferred, in order to accommodate the workload.

My point is that I dont see your point. Theres a huge hole in this.. you haven't been affected. And those who MAY have been affected (post Aug 15 filers) are still within normal processing time.

So what exactly is the basis of your complaint?

Edited by aprice138

10/25/10 .. Met in Auckland, NZ

09/05/12 .. Got Married in Santa Barbara, CA

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/07/12 .. I-130 Returned. Checkmarks did not print. Doh!

10/15/12 .. I-130 Sent AGAIN

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

11/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Seattle)

12/14/12 .. Touch! Officially online!

01/22/13 .. NOA2 date (95 days)

NVC:

01/28/13 .. NVC receives case

02/11/13 .. Case number assigned

02/12/13 .. AOS bill paid

02/14/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

02/14/13 .. AOS packet sent

02/26/13 .. AOS Checklist received

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

02/26/13 .. IV packet and AOS Checklist packet sent

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/08/13 .. IV Checklist sent

03/25/13 .. 2nd AOS Checklist sent

04/04/13 .. Case Complete

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

05/21/13 .. Interview: Approved!

But dont you see how waiting over a year, and even your case of filing in June, means that you have not been affected by the Dream Act AT ALL. So what are you writing about? Why are you complaining about these filers? People who have filed AFTER the Dream Act have had their cases transferred, in order to accommodate the workload.

My point is that I dont see your point. Theres a huge hole in this.. you haven't been affected. And those who MAY have been affected (post Aug 15 filers) are still within normal processing time.

If you take the time to read what I've been saying throughout this post, then you will understand what I'm complaining about. It seems to me that you are taking this personal. I have no interest in making people upset, so if you don't like this post, just move on, it's that easy. I complain because I can and because I want to. I complain not because illegal inmigrants are taking up spots, but because the goverment is not being as helpful with us. I complain because this process shouldn't be this long. If you don't want to send a letter to a senator, then don't, it doesn't bother me. If you don't agree with what I say, it doesn't affect me one bit. Sit and wait, that is fine with me as well. We are all different here, that's the beauty of it. And we are inmigrants, most of us here, or are filing for an inmigrant spouse, just like you. So don't tell us that we are not ok with inmigration because that just doesn't make sense.

We want to complain, we want to make noise, SO WHAT? We are not going to mail you. It's easy, you don't like this post, then go to the main page and pick another one, there are plenty, I'm sure you'd like some of them! :)

Aprice, just let us be!!! :D

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, I don't see the issue. Our I-130 was filed early September and approved in 89 days. I don't see how this is affecting anything. Every case is adjudicated on it's own merits. If it takes a year, there are no doubt complications with the case that have caused it to take so long. I don't think its a workload issue.

If you take the time to read what I've been saying throughout this post, then you will understand what I'm complaining about. It seems to me that you are taking this personal. I have no interest in making people upset, so if you don't like this post, just move on, it's that easy. I complain because I can and because I want to. I complain not because illegal inmigrants are taking up spots, but because the goverment is not being as helpful with us. I complain because this process shouldn't be this long. If you don't want to send a letter to a senator, then don't, it doesn't bother me. If you don't agree with what I say, it doesn't affect me one bit. Sit and wait, that is fine with me as well. We are all different here, that's the beauty of it. And we are inmigrants, most of us here, or are filing for an inmigrant spouse, just like you. So don't tell us that we are not ok with inmigration because that just doesn't make sense.

We want to complain, we want to make noise, SO WHAT? We are not going to mail you. It's easy, you don't like this post, then go to the main page and pick another one, there are plenty, I'm sure you'd like some of them! :)

Aprice, just let us be!!! :D

See, I did read every post before I replied, and found there to be some very hateful things being said. Whether you said it or not, it seems like people following your lead are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Shouldnt be this long? How long should it be? Look at the volume of applications they get. Im surprised its this short!

My point was, dont use the Dream Act as your gunpowder, because its the wrong ammo.

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

NVC:

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

See, I did read every post before I replied, and found there to be some very hateful things being said. Whether you said it or not, it seems like people following your lead are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Shouldnt be this long? How long should it be? Look at the volume of applications they get. Im surprised its this short!

My point was, dont use the Dream Act as your gunpowder, because its the wrong ammo.

I'm not responsible for what other people say or do, they are big boys and girls. People can be hurtful when they talk out of frustration, it's not right but we all have our moments. And for the Dream Act, that is great for everybody illegally in the US. I should've stay illegally when I had the chance and I wouldn't be here whining, oh well :bonk: I'm never said I'm against it, I said that I'd like something like that for the rest of us, like a waiver or something. One can still dream, right?

If you think the process is short, well, awesome for you, enjoy! What am I supposed to say? That I'm ok waiting over the time frame they give you went you apply? Well, hell no, I'm not ok and I'll say as much. You like to wait, I don't, sorry I guess.

What's the big deal if we want to send out letters? What if I want to feel like I'm doing something? It's my time, I'm not as patient as you seem to be. You should start your own post saying that we all be so grateful that things are going so fast! :wow:

November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!

I'm not responsible for what other people say or do, they are big boys and girls. People can be hurtful when they talk out of frustration, it's not right but we all have our moments. And for the Dream Act, that is great for everybody illegally in the US. I should've stay illegally when I had the chance and I wouldn't be here whining, oh well :bonk: I'm never said I'm against it, I said that I'd like something like that for the rest of us, like a waiver or something. One can still dream, right?

If you think the process is short, well, awesome for you, enjoy! What am I supposed to say? That I'm ok waiting over the time frame they give you went you apply? Well, hell no, I'm not ok and I'll say as much. You like to wait, I don't, sorry I guess.

What's the big deal if we want to send out letters? What if I want to feel like I'm doing something? It's my time, I'm not as patient as you seem to be. You should start your own post saying that we all be so grateful that things are going so fast! :wow:

I'm not sure what you expected going in to the process, then. With years and years of data showing exactly what to expect, and being able to move through the process even faster due to having the immense guides those before us have so thoughtfully put together.

Why do you think youre entitled to a waiver? If IR1/CR1s start saying its unfair, what about the K1s and K3s and etc etc etc.

I dont LIKE to wait but when we decided to go for the CR1, we looked at the road ahead of us and decided it was the right thing to do. Please don't make it seem like I like to be apart from my husband.

Youre drumming up the wrong support. Your original post was in regards to the Dream Act. So if its just that you don't want to wait normal processing time, then that's just silly. You were approved in 6 months.. at the VSC no less. You are lucky lucky lucky that it was that short.

This wait is a drop in the bucket for the time we get to be married and living with our loves. Your time is better spent going through the NVC and prepping for the interview. Not stirring the pot of "anti-illegal" sentiment, which is truly heartbreaking from this community.

Also you posted on a public board, you can't tell everyone who doesn't agree with you to mind their own business. It's not how it works. Message boards are discussions. And I am truly worried some people are blaming their waits on the Dream Act (other threads have come up before).

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

NVC:

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

I have yet to see any hard evidence that post-August-15 I-130 filers specifically, or any spouse or fiance visa processes generally, have been sidelined or delayed so that Dream Act forms can be processed before them, as if Dream Act forms are given priority over ordinary legal filers.

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

People will probably hate me for saying this, but if you didn't expect to have hardships in immigration and separation, then you shouldn't have gotten involved with a foreigner.

I tell my husband constantly when he complains about me going back to the states.

I say, 'Sweetheart, I love you, but you knew it was going to be like this. If you couldn't put up with it, then you should not have gotten involved with me. I knew what I was getting into and you did too'

If I'm not moved by July, I will be disappointed, (and really, it's sort of a long shot), but I can't get mad at the government.

I mean, sure, rightfully, there's some people that get stuck in the immigration process for INSANE amounts of time that can most certainly be mad at the government.

But being upset about general processing times and the fact that there's new rules/petitions/filers/employees/whatteeevveerrrrr... just getting ridiculous.

oldlady.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Everyone.. Isn't the point that the USCIS, CSC, NVC, etc.. need to be more efficient and consistent in processing any of the petitions? If.. they truly have halted, or slowed, processing for all but the Dream Act paperwork this is wrong. NOT because this is for people who were illegal BUT rather we ALL deserve to have a fair and timely process. Also, I think a year apart from your loved ones is insane AND yes I knew this would take time. My fiancée is soooooooooo worth the wait. But, maybe there needs to be more staff, better control of the process, etc, etc.. That is the point I made when writing to my Senator and Representative.

event.png event.png event.png

K1 VisaService Center : CaliforniaI-129f Sent : 08/30/2012I-129f NOA1 : 09/04/2012I-129f RFE(s) : NONEI-129f Reply(s) : NONEI-129f NOA2 : 04/17/2013 2:45 PM dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif NVC Received : 04/22/2013NVC Left : 04/25/2013. Holy Cow!!! NVC is Fast!!!Consulate Received (Kiev) : 04/29/2013 3:47 PM.. Packet 3 Received :Packet 3 Sent :Packet 4 Received :Medical Exam : 05/30/2013 - waiting on TB tests due to childhood TB. Sometime early August 2013. 08/06/2013 - word from clinic in Kiev.. TB results negative.. sending documentation to US Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Interview (I'm in Kiev) : 05/31/2013Visa Received :Back to Ukraine to get my girl:09/23/2013Arrival US:09/31/2013US Entry :10/1/2013Wedding :10/10/2013

Scott Oleson[url=http://olesonfamily.com/scott] Westminster, CO <p>

Everyone.. Isn't the point that the USCIS, CSC, NVC, etc.. need to be more efficient and consistent in processing any of the petitions? If.. they truly have halted, or slowed, processing for all but the Dream Act paperwork this is wrong. NOT because this is for people who were illegal BUT rather we ALL deserve to have a fair and timely process. Also, I think a year apart from your loved ones is insane AND yes I knew this would take time. My fiancée is soooooooooo worth the wait. But, maybe there needs to be more staff, better control of the process, etc, etc.. That is the point I made when writing to my Senator and Representative.

You got it! :thumbs: We all should be treated fairly so our families can be LEGALLY reunited too!! Let us know when you get a reply! Thanks :)

First of all, I would like to say that writing to your elected representatives is ALWAYS a great idea! They are elected to serve you, and they need to hear from the people loud and clear what the issues are. It's very important, and we should never forget it. Don't ever be complacent and accept the status quo if it is broken.

Secondly, there is so much emotion here, it's heartbreaking. I know how horrifying and criminal the concept that a government (any government) can have the final say on whether or not you can be with your loved ones. And everyone in this community feels that too. We are all just trying hard to get to the next stage of living our lives with our families. And it's hard. And challenging. And frustrating.

I also think it is very important that the US is taking steps to address the (huge and not going away) legacy of illegal immigrants living without rights and without paying taxes in the US. I believe that giving these people an avenue to legitimacy is a basic human right. Not to mention, once they are legally resident and able to contribute to the US coffers, there is more money to CHANGE THE SYSTEM.

This is the real issue as I see it. There is too much work, and not enough resource. I don't believe it has to be this way. This is what you should be writing to your representatives about.

I am lucky enough to have my husband living with me in NZ at the moment while we wait for the US to process my visa. He applied for a NZ work visa on the basis of our marriage, so he could stay in NZ with me while we wait for the US. It took the New Zealand government five days to approve his visa from the day they received it. Five days. Obviously this is a slightly ridiculous comparison because NZ is tiny, and the US is huge (and for many other reasons) - but - the point I am trying to make is that how long this takes is about expectations, resources, and what citizens are willing to out put up with.

If the US government were to spend, say 5% less on military spending for 2013, and reallocte that resource to relieve workloads for immigration petitions, then we'd see some radical changes.

You are the people. You demand the changes!

I am the Kiwi :)

It took the New Zealand government five days to approve his visa from the day they received it. Five days. Obviously this is a slightly ridiculous comparison because NZ is tiny, and the US is huge (and for many other reasons)...

My company applied for a rush UK Tier 2 work visa for me (my passport with the previous visa was stolen before a trip) and from the day the UK received my paperwork, it took eight business days for the visa to be in my hand. Now my company has preferred status, we worked with a lawyer, and we paid an expedite fee, but eight days? We would all be ecstatic if our properly filed I-130s were approved in eight weeks, and our visas in our hands a month after that.

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I have yet to see any hard evidence that post-August-15 I-130 filers specifically, or any spouse or fiance visa processes generally, have been sidelined or delayed so that Dream Act forms can be processed before them, as if Dream Act forms are given priority over ordinary legal filers.

Go look at K1 from the CSC timeline. 8 VJ members in the entire month of December got NOA2's, and 4 of those had RFE's from previous months. Several members have had conversations with USCIS and they have said themselves it is because of the backlog created by the Dream Act cases.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I like parties. What to cook ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Go look at K1 from the CSC timeline. 8 VJ members in the entire month of December got NOA2's, and 4 of those had RFE's from previous months. Several members have had conversations with USCIS and they have said themselves it is because of the backlog created by the Dream Act cases.

Just reading this making me very disappointed (if it is really the case) because I have to say separation from my husband being a I-130 case is JUST AS SAD as a DREAM ACT case. So again, I take offense for that comment LECTURING about falling in love with someone from a different country. Your comment WAS RUDE!

There is a good reason why DREAM ACT cases take preferential treatment, it's called pandering for votes. :angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.