CHarvey80

I-130 and I-129 filers, LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED!

126 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have to agree, this is not black and white. But no one is attacking these people. Like I said on the original post, the illegal inmigration should be addressed, it has become a big issue in the United States and the government should do something about it. Nobody is complaining about that, action should be taken, but at what cost? Those people are already in the United States, living off taxes the rest of us have to pay. It is a tricky situation, but they knew what they were getting into when decided to stay illegally. Again, I'm not attacking anybody and yes, children are not to be blamed, but giving them an special treatment doesn't help the illegal situation to stop, but encourages it. I want everybody to be able to be with their families, but the US government should start doing what it's supposed to do and stop pushing to the end of the line those cases that are being filed legally. Is that too much to ask for? I don't know everyone's story here, but wrong is wrong, no matter how you like at it.

We suffer too, we miss our loved ones in the US too, we want to be with them too, and we want to be treated with respect too. I am not saying that they shouldn't get their situations taken care efficiently, I am saying that ours should be treated the same way. Period.

And I agree with most of what you're saying. If you look at my previous reply, I hope you see that I am simply addressing those that are blaming the immigrants applying under deferred actions, and suggesting that they think about reallocating their blame and anger towards the government and the systematic problems. If you read through the entries here, you will see some misplaced blame. I'm not saying these people shouldn't be upset, but that they should think about who to direct this anger and frustration toward. As you said, most are correctly trying to address the government - something I am on board with as mentioned in my reply. But others are not. Those are the people I was speaking towards.

I agree that we deserve respect ourselves and, as I've said, I don't believe anyone should be jumping the queue as it appears deferred action applicants are.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok, that sounds a little harsh. I agree with you, BaBam Sam, people are not to blame, not on this post at least, the goverment is. I'm losing track of all my thoughts, I guess I'm thinking about it too much, lol :D I'm am working with my husband on a letter to spread out the word, we'll post it here when it's ready! :D

Ah you replied to your reply as I replied to your reply and it's all reply-inception up here. But, yeah, I totally support you writing a letter! I did myself and I hope that if more people do it we can raise some attention to the issues!

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

well clearly these illegal children should be forced to live on reservations of illegals.

that will show them that theyre not getting special treatment, arent like the rest of us awesome USCs but dont deport them.

problem solved.

but in all seriousness, i said it before, i cant stand not understanding half the people in chicago, but thse illegal children have imo a personal right to a legal status. its not fair to them what their parents did andi cant begin to imagine the fear they face all of the time trying to get jobs and go to school with stolen or fake paperwork. or whatever it is they have to do to get by. unfortunately i dont see how you can punish one generation and not the other.

its an unfortunate way of life, but if one doesnt like it maybe go the other way, eh?

oldlady.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

What an offensive thread. You obviously do not understand much about the people you are trying to attack.

Nobody is trying to "attack" anyone in this thread. We are frustrated at the new laws which seem to be justifying illegal activities. If anyone is attacking anyone it's the government that allowed this to happen.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Timeline

I find it completly unfair considering they want their money upfront and have now added a fee at the end of which theh cut the fees to begin with early last year so where is the big savings? Not to mention...the service center they chose to do this at is the center my husbands paperwork is at :( why make me wait approx 5 months to change the date from December 27th to now...Late February to early March :( especially when I am doing everything by the book so to speak. Its disappointing and frustrating. :bonk: That's just the approval wait and that doesn't even include the rest of the process. I am a VERMONT FILER FOR THE I-130. Seems like every little bit of hope is going no where and forget calling the USCIS...I've waited hours to get transferred to some novis desk and a ....I'm not outside the window when I originally was before they waited a week before XMAS to update there site with the set back :( they conveniently tacked on another 2-3 months. Bet they were with their loved ones for the holidays though...so upsetting. Maybe its selfish but I haven't seen my hubby for almost a year now..since we got married...and am planning a trip for next month to break up the waiting.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is a disgusting thread, why do I get the impression that as soon as you all get citizenship you will be the ones yelling "CLOSE THE BORDERS! IMMIGRANTS ARE TAKING OUR JOBS!". Hopefully you are all moving to hillbilly towns in the deep south so I don't ever need have any political discussions with you.

These people are family members of United States citizens, they deserve respect, not a 10 year ban from their families to go get their visa, which just traps them in illegal employment, not paying taxes their whole lives.

They have US born children that are majorly affected by this.

Most of the people on this website that are filing for K1 met their spouses ON THE INTERNET and hardly even know them. The people you are talking about have legitimate relationships, years and years of having families/lives and real life experiences which each other and America.

Maybe the USCIS should ban internet relationships from visa approval, that seems more reasonable to me. I could probably get behind that.

Dont condone the illegal migration but feeling some of what you said, and also understand the irie of those waiting legally,

however I have read a lot of post here where some ppl seem to want to get in then promote the idea that the borders be close permanently, we should live and let live.

This is the letter my husband and I came up with. We wanted to share it in case anyone else wanted to use it as well.

Feedback on what is stated, or how it is worded is welcome.

Dear Senator, Congress Member;

I am writing this letter in the hopes to add a little extra momentum in the right direction for future immigration changes. Since I started experiencing our illustrious immigration process I have seen many things that have made me ask myself, “Why do I feel like I am being punished for following the rules?”

I feel like the people that have broken our immigration laws, and are residing here illegally, are given loop holes and hand outs every step of the way, essentially, rewarding them for breaking the law. Where as those of us following the laws are separated from our loved ones for years sometimes while we wait for our turn to be reunited. I am wondering why we, the citizens of this country, are being pushed to the back of the line? We are forced to wait ridiculous amounts of time because the Service Centers are too busy filing everyone else’s paper work. For the record; I bear no personal grudge or ill will towards those that are trying to enter this country, or are trying to correct their situation after the fact, but I feel that we, the legal tax payers supporting this country, should be first in line to enjoy the benefits; preferential treatment if you will.

We can’t even call USCIS and get useful information regarding our case; we just get generic script answers that are of no use. Essentially, we are left in the dark for (currently) a minimum of 7-9 months just to get past the first stage of the process. If any company in the world treated it’s customers in the same manner they would have went out of business a long time ago. If this was a free service I could be a little more understanding, but we all give our hard earned money to receive these services. I don’t think it would be too much to ask for the ability to get a few questions answered regarding the petition I have in process instead of being told “I don’t know”, “It’s in process”, or “I can’t tell you if it is assigned to someone”.

I am not going to touch on the subject of who did what in our government for their own benefit, so far as immigration is concerned. From my perspective you are all paid from the same pot and you are all responsible for the current situation, for better or worse. I have watched for years as the immigration reform issues were pushed onto the back burner because someone was afraid to lose votes, be unpopular. How much longer do you think the issue can be pushed off in a corner because you think no one is paying attention to it? Don’t you think that a lot of the illegal immigration in our country could be avoided if the process was maybe a little more user friendly? More efficient and cost effective, not only for the over seeing authorities but for us the customers.

To try and put this in terms you all seem to understand, let us discuss how much money this is costing us. Firstly, how much money is leaving the country? How many people have families over seas that are in process for potentially years and how much money is being sent out of country to support/aid these family members? Wealth that is leaving this country, which brings us to my next point.

How much is that affecting the local economies these immigration customers live in since all of that money is not being spent locally? Let us use October, 2012 for an example.

In that month there were the following amounts of family based visa petitions received nationally:

I-130 IR – 42,711

I-130 Pref – 19,090

I-129F – 3,866

Total - 65,667

For our example let us say each of us was sending our loved ones at least $500 a month to help them support themselves. For arguments sake let us also say that it will only take these people a year to complete the process and be reunited. That is $6000 per person for a total loss of $394,002,000 for just the month of October. If we used October as a bench mark for an entire year worth of petitions, from receipt to maturity, then we could say our immigration customers would have sent $4,728,024,000, give or take. I think that may have created a job or two, maybe.

While I realize I have more then breezed over what is the immigration process as a whole in this country, I hope you understand that for me to go through even 2% in this note would lead to me eventually writing a novel. I also understand that we, as United States Citizens, are able to have a visa available to our spouses without limit but, the good does not outweigh the bad in this case.

These issues need your attention and these problems need to be resolved. Do I expect everything to be rainbows and puppies over night? No, I am realistic and I know this reform will take time and effort. But there does need to be forward movement on this, it can no longer remain stagnant and ignored while people are left to suffer separated from their families because they are following the law. I, your constituent, am asking you, as my elected representative, to push this issue into the light so that it can be discussed and so the reform, that is so desperately needed, can take place.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

I did not meet my fiance online but I find most of the content of your post very insulting and uncalled for. You can disagree with anyone at anytime but being a brute and stereotyping speaks to your lack of understanding and compassion. By the way, what is your preferred method of meeting a potential mate? Your family reunion, a bar, your street corner?

:rofl: "a bar, your street corner".... :rofl:

This is the letter my husband and I came up with. We wanted to share it in case anyone else wanted to use it as well.

Feedback on what is stated, or how it is worded is welcome.

Dear Senator, Congress Member;

I am writing this letter in the hopes to add a little extra momentum in the right direction for future immigration changes. Since I started experiencing our illustrious immigration process I have seen many things that have made me ask myself, “Why do I feel like I am being punished for following the rules?”

I feel like the people that have broken our immigration laws, and are residing here illegally, are given loop holes and hand outs every step of the way, essentially, rewarding them for breaking the law. Where as those of us following the laws are separated from our loved ones for years sometimes while we wait for our turn to be reunited. I am wondering why we, the citizens of this country, are being pushed to the back of the line? We are forced to wait ridiculous amounts of time because the Service Centers are too busy filing everyone else’s paper work. For the record; I bear no personal grudge or ill will towards those that are trying to enter this country, or are trying to correct their situation after the fact, but I feel that we, the legal tax payers supporting this country, should be first in line to enjoy the benefits; preferential treatment if you will.

We can’t even call USCIS and get useful information regarding our case; we just get generic script answers that are of no use. Essentially, we are left in the dark for (currently) a minimum of 7-9 months just to get past the first stage of the process. If any company in the world treated it’s customers in the same manner they would have went out of business a long time ago. If this was a free service I could be a little more understanding, but we all give our hard earned money to receive these services. I don’t think it would be too much to ask for the ability to get a few questions answered regarding the petition I have in process instead of being told “I don’t know”, “It’s in process”, or “I can’t tell you if it is assigned to someone”.

I am not going to touch on the subject of who did what in our government for their own benefit, so far as immigration is concerned. From my perspective you are all paid from the same pot and you are all responsible for the current situation, for better or worse. I have watched for years as the immigration reform issues were pushed onto the back burner because someone was afraid to lose votes, be unpopular. How much longer do you think the issue can be pushed off in a corner because you think no one is paying attention to it? Don’t you think that a lot of the illegal immigration in our country could be avoided if the process was maybe a little more user friendly? More efficient and cost effective, not only for the over seeing authorities but for us the customers.

To try and put this in terms you all seem to understand, let us discuss how much money this is costing us. Firstly, how much money is leaving the country? How many people have families over seas that are in process for potentially years and how much money is being sent out of country to support/aid these family members? Wealth that is leaving this country, which brings us to my next point.

How much is that affecting the local economies these immigration customers live in since all of that money is not being spent locally? Let us use October, 2012 for an example.

In that month there were the following amounts of family based visa petitions received nationally:

I-130 IR – 42,711

I-130 Pref – 19,090

I-129F – 3,866

Total - 65,667

For our example let us say each of us was sending our loved ones at least $500 a month to help them support themselves. For arguments sake let us also say that it will only take these people a year to complete the process and be reunited. That is $6000 per person for a total loss of $394,002,000 for just the month of October. If we used October as a bench mark for an entire year worth of petitions, from receipt to maturity, then we could say our immigration customers would have sent $4,728,024,000, give or take. I think that may have created a job or two, maybe.

While I realize I have more then breezed over what is the immigration process as a whole in this country, I hope you understand that for me to go through even 2% in this note would lead to me eventually writing a novel. I also understand that we, as United States Citizens, are able to have a visa available to our spouses without limit but, the good does not outweigh the bad in this case.

These issues need your attention and these problems need to be resolved. Do I expect everything to be rainbows and puppies over night? No, I am realistic and I know this reform will take time and effort. But there does need to be forward movement on this, it can no longer remain stagnant and ignored while people are left to suffer separated from their families because they are following the law. I, your constituent, am asking you, as my elected representative, to push this issue into the light so that it can be discussed and so the reform, that is so desperately needed, can take place.

:thumbs: Great letter. Question. WOuld it also be good for people to sign their names to a letter concerning this same issue?

:thumbs: Great letter. Question. Would it also be good for people to sign their names to a letter concerning this same issue?

I would sign the bottom for sure.

Below where you plan to sign I would type your name and address.

That's just me though.

Thank you for your compliment as well.

November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I should apologize, I lashed out earlier and I would like to say that I don't have anything against "internet reltionships", I was just really angry at what I had read. My apologies. It just really upsets me when people talk bad about "illegal immigrants" as though these families should be treated as criminals.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey everyone, and BTW I like the letter, and God knows I want to see things change. Just remember we all need to write and address this with our Senator and Representative. This can be done with email! Second is that we need to ask for something to be done NOW so that processing at the CSC & VSC is done in a fair and complete manner. If petitions were being completed on a date received basis then we cannot complain. But, if in fact everything has been stopped to allow for processing of just this one form then this is WRONG and UNETHICAL! Finally try to keep your letter under 300 words.. Senators and Representatives are more likely to act when the letter is concise and thorough. So tell them who you are, what you want, and then ask for help. With a PHD I have to remind myself of this all the time as I have been known to pontificate... LOL...

AND

Good luck on the NOA2.. I and my fiancée are Sept 4th for NOA1.. God and the work know I cannot wait to have her here on soil..!!!!! :thumbs:

event.png event.png event.png

K1 VisaService Center : CaliforniaI-129f Sent : 08/30/2012I-129f NOA1 : 09/04/2012I-129f RFE(s) : NONEI-129f Reply(s) : NONEI-129f NOA2 : 04/17/2013 2:45 PM dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif NVC Received : 04/22/2013NVC Left : 04/25/2013. Holy Cow!!! NVC is Fast!!!Consulate Received (Kiev) : 04/29/2013 3:47 PM.. Packet 3 Received :Packet 3 Sent :Packet 4 Received :Medical Exam : 05/30/2013 - waiting on TB tests due to childhood TB. Sometime early August 2013. 08/06/2013 - word from clinic in Kiev.. TB results negative.. sending documentation to US Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Interview (I'm in Kiev) : 05/31/2013Visa Received :Back to Ukraine to get my girl:09/23/2013Arrival US:09/31/2013US Entry :10/1/2013Wedding :10/10/2013

Scott Oleson[url=http://olesonfamily.com/scott] Westminster, CO <p>

Wait, if everyone is in NORMAL PROCESSING TIME then why are you complaining?

It has not been 5 months since the applications have been accepted for the Dream Act. So anyone outside of 5 months haven't had their "place in line" affected whatsoever.

Delays outside of "normal processing time" are the norm. Look back in VJ history.

You're looking for someone to blame. Don't blame these kids who grew up here with NO choice, established their identities here and then have been too scared to progress forward legally for fear of deportation.

Hell yeah, Dream Act. Hell yeah, legal immigration too. And in that vein, Hell yeah bilingual (trilingual? quadringual?) country.

Count me out. I knew I would be in this game for up to a year. If it takes longer than that, THEN I'll worry. For now we just gotta keep on truckin' :pop:!

10/25/10 .. Met in Auckland, NZ

09/05/12 .. Got Married in Santa Barbara, CA

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/07/12 .. I-130 Returned. Checkmarks did not print. Doh!

10/15/12 .. I-130 Sent AGAIN

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

11/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Seattle)

12/14/12 .. Touch! Officially online!

01/22/13 .. NOA2 date (95 days)

NVC:

01/28/13 .. NVC receives case

02/11/13 .. Case number assigned

02/12/13 .. AOS bill paid

02/14/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

02/14/13 .. AOS packet sent

02/26/13 .. AOS Checklist received

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

02/26/13 .. IV packet and AOS Checklist packet sent

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/08/13 .. IV Checklist sent

03/25/13 .. 2nd AOS Checklist sent

04/04/13 .. Case Complete

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

05/21/13 .. Interview: Approved!

Wait, if everyone is in NORMAL PROCESSING TIME then why are you complaining?

It has not been 5 months since the applications have been accepted for the Dream Act. So anyone outside of 5 months haven't had their "place in line" affected whatsoever.

Delays outside of "normal processing time" are the norm. Look back in VJ history.

You're looking for someone to blame. Don't blame these kids who grew up here with NO choice, established their identities here and then have been too scared to progress forward legally for fear of deportation.

Hell yeah, Dream Act. Hell yeah, legal immigration too. And in that vein, Hell yeah bilingual (trilingual? quadringual?) country.

Count me out. I knew I would be in this game for up to a year. If it takes longer than that, THEN I'll worry. For now we just gotta keep on truckin' :pop:!

Ok, I am going to say this one more time, and I hope next time people read before making comments. No one is attacking or blaming any kids, so relax, please. Nobody is saying that they should be deported or anything like that. All we are saying is that the same way the US goverment is eager to find easier ways for them to be forgiven even if they break the law, and they do, whether you want to hear it or not, the should be doing the same with US citizens that are filing a petition and following the rules. It doesn't bother me if they get to become lawful residents, great for them!! But I consider that all of us doing things right deserve the same considerations. Is that really that hard to understand? A lot of people here have been waiting for over a year and they are still waiting. Is that ok? No, it's not. And that is why we are complaining. Again, it's not against people, it's against the way USCIS and the US goverment deal with all of these.

If you want to be patient, great for you, I've been patient too, waited the time I had to wait and more. I don't know what your situation is, but a lot of us don't get the opportunity to visit our spouses in the US and a lot of us have children too. And we deserve better than is. You just filed last October. Let me tell you that you start losing hope later down the road, hope you don't have to wait that long.

If you have something to say that may help our cause, bring it up, I'd love to hear you. But criticizing for the sake of it doesn't help anybody.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.