CHarvey80

I-130 and I-129 filers, LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED!

126 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm sorry but don't agree with you at all. No one is trapped and forced to do things the wrong way. These people decided to break the law and should be punished like everyone else who decides to go the easy path. What kind of legal system rewards people that break the law by creating loopholes? This affect ALL OF US, one way or another, so you might want to think about it. No one is saying that they should be ban, so please, before you reply, read the post again so we are on the same page. All we are saying is that the law should be applicable to everybody, not only to some people. No one is attacking anybody here, so if you have some unresolved issues with whatever situation, you are welcome to bring it up and we can talk about it, or you can just keep it to yourself and move on to a post you like better, your call. First of all, be respectful. We all have the right to get our cases processed in time, and since you don't know me, I'm going to kindly ask you to stop saying how some cases are not worth what other cases are, that is plain ridiculous, to say the least. This post is meant for people to take action and help move things forward for all of us, hopefully. If you are ok with that, great! Welcome on board! If not, could you just relax and let us be? You don't need to be ok with every post here, but you do need to be respectful.

And for the rest of you, awesome VJ people, don't let things like this get us distracted, it's not worth it :) Some people just like attention, and we have better things to do, like getting reunited with our loved one!! Can't wait!!! =D

good.gif

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im on board. Infact, before they sit there and do anything for any illegals they should have made a visa available for immediate relatives to people filing I-130s. Its not like every American is rich and wealthy and can just afford to travel over to the other side of the world and stay with their wife or fiancee.

I get the point of the new visa in effect...sure it makes sense for illegals who have children here. But illegals have been here forever and nothing has been done. Sure its a big issue and probably just all political, but at the same token we all sit here and see our petitions get transferred and have absolutely no idea where our petition is because of deferred action which has to do with children who were brought here by illegals. Completely unfair how we all have to sit here 6-12 months and suffer. As soon as someone posts a letter that everybody is sending, I will send mine to my representatives and senators. I refuse to sit and stay in the back of the line because im trying to do the legal way.

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Filed: Timeline

Count me in - these waivers and things for illegals are only punishing legal filers. We should have our applications processed first.

That is so true and simply put. Being punished for doing things legally! Welcome to America .....I may start writing. I have never complained on this site, and really use it to stay informed and watch the processing times. It is hurtful to see others speed through the process in 1-4 months , and some even complain because they want it quicker. Seriously?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

People have been waiting for petitions long before deferred action. USCIS is way faster these days. It used to take up to a year just for card production of a green card. I just don't see how these issues are related.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This is a disgusting thread, why do I get the impression that as soon as you all get citizenship you will be the ones yelling "CLOSE THE BORDERS! IMMIGRANTS ARE TAKING OUR JOBS!". Hopefully you are all moving to hillbilly towns in the deep south so I don't ever need have any political discussions with you.

These people are family members of United States citizens, they deserve respect, not a 10 year ban from their families to go get their visa, which just traps them in illegal employment, not paying taxes their whole lives.

They have US born children that are majorly affected by this.

Most of the people on this website that are filing for K1 met their spouses ON THE INTERNET and hardly even know them. The people you are talking about have legitimate relationships, years and years of having families/lives and real life experiences which each other and America.

Maybe the USCIS should ban internet relationships from visa approval, that seems more reasonable to me. I could probably get behind that.

I did not meet my fiance online but I find most of the content of your post very insulting and uncalled for. You can disagree with anyone at anytime but being a brute and stereotyping speaks to your lack of understanding and compassion. By the way, what is your preferred method of meeting a potential mate? Your family reunion, a bar, your street corner?

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

What an offensive thread. You obviously do not understand much about the people you are trying to attack.

We must know nothing about immigrants, you know, being on an immigration forum and all. :unsure:

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just posted a similar thing, but attacking the people applying under deferred action makes me uneasy because those applying were children who were brought here illegally without an option to do it legally. Do I think it's fair that they are jumping in line? No. But perhaps our anger is better directed towards the governments and USCIS' allocation of labor and not at the people, illegal or legal, who are using the system.

Yes, I believe that adult illegals should face some sort of punishment - but it's a hard topic because they are people. It's not black and white.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

Do I think it's fair that they are jumping in line? No. But perhaps our anger is better directed towards the governments and USCIS' allocation of labor and not at the people, illegal or legal, who are using the system.

I do believe everybody in this thread is talking about contacting the Representatives and senators of our state to complain to them...nobody is attacking anyone. We are all simply trying to team up to complain to our government officials.

USCIS

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

NVC

You have the right to express your opinion.But so does everyone else on this forum. I found your post to be incredibly disrespectful. No illegal person' s case should displace a U.S. citizen' s. The reason why people in this forum are upset is because of the inconsistency of the laws. There is a 10 year ban for illegal presence over a year but now we have exceptions to that law. Either abolish it completely or make it applicable in all situations. The new exceptions are frustrating for people like me who have made a considerable amount of effort to dutifully abide by the laws. The passing of these new laws is a slap in the face to us while simultaneously promoting others to continuously break the law. Laws only work if there are negative consequences for your illegal actions. This country is becoming an open door for law breakers and that is deeply upsetting to me. I am the grandchild of legal immigrants. My grandparents worked so hard to make it here. They had no money, spoke not a word of English when they arrived, and were suffering from post WWII trauma. I' m not blaming immigrants now for not following the same steps my grandparents took. It' s the lax laws that are allowing this to happen. Why work hard when there is a much easier path available to you? It' s human nature to find the easiest route.

Also your comments about online relationships were completely uncalled for. A good amount of people in this forum met their significant others online. Please get off of your high horse and drop your "holier than thou" attitude. How two people meet is no measure of the validity of their relationship. For you to say so otherwise is ridiculous and frankly none of your business. For the record, I met my husband when we worked together in person. Internet dating is nothing new. How the relationship starts is not what matters. It' s how it's maintained.

Thank you for your eloquent rebuttal to that other person's ignorant comment. It was very rude, hurtful and uncalled for. :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I do believe everybody in this thread is talking about contacting the Representatives and senators of our state to complain to them...nobody is attacking anyone. We are all simply trying to team up to complain to our government officials.

Most people in the thread are doing that - and I support that. I've written a letter to my Congresswoman myself stating my displeasure at the allocation of adjudicators rather than hiring for the increase in deferred action applicants.

But there are some, if you read through the pages, that do lash out somewhat at those applying for deferred action. Not necessarily harshly, but the blame seems to be placed on them and not on the government in some responses. I only am addressing those responses in my reply.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

Most people in the thread are doing that - and I support that. I've written a letter to my Congresswoman myself stating my displeasure at the allocation of adjudicators rather than hiring for the increase in deferred action applicants.

But there are some, if you read through the pages, that do lash out somewhat at those applying for deferred action. Not necessarily harshly, but the blame seems to be placed on them and not on the government in some responses. I only am addressing those responses in my reply.

Okay, my apologies. :)

Hopefully our voices will be heard. Either way, may we all reunite with our loved ones regardless if they are our wife, husband, son, daughter, or all three of them. :star:

USCIS

NVC

I just posted a similar thing, but attacking the people applying under deferred action makes me uneasy because those applying were children who were brought here illegally without an option to do it legally. Do I think it's fair that they are jumping in line? No. But perhaps our anger is better directed towards the governments and USCIS' allocation of labor and not at the people, illegal or legal, who are using the system.

Yes, I believe that adult illegals should face some sort of punishment - but it's a hard topic because they are people. It's not black and white.

I have to agree, this is not black and white. But no one is attacking these people. Like I said on the original post, the illegal inmigration should be addressed, it has become a big issue in the United States and the government should do something about it. Nobody is complaining about that, action should be taken, but at what cost? Those people are already in the United States, living off taxes the rest of us have to pay. It is a tricky situation, but they knew what they were getting into when decided to stay illegally. Again, I'm not attacking anybody and yes, children are not to be blamed, but giving them an special treatment doesn't help the illegal situation to stop, but encourages it. I want everybody to be able to be with their families, but the US government should start doing what it's supposed to do and stop pushing to the end of the line those cases that are being filed legally. Is that too much to ask for? I don't know everyone's story here, but wrong is wrong, no matter how you like at it.

We suffer too, we miss our loved ones in the US too, we want to be with them too, and we want to be treated with respect too. I am not saying that they shouldn't get their situations taken care efficiently, I am saying that ours should be treated the same way. Period.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

I have to agree, this is not black and white. But no one is attacking these people. Like I said on the original post, the illegal inmigration should be addressed, it has become a big issue in the United States and the government should do something about it. Nobody is complaining about that, action should be taken, but at what cost? Those people are already in the United States, living off taxes the rest of us have to pay. It is a tricky situation, but they knew what they were getting into when decided to stay illegally. Again, I'm not attacking anybody and yes, children are not to be blamed, but giving them an special treatment doesn't help the illegal situation to stop, but encourages it. I want everybody to be able to be with their families, but the US government should start doing what it's supposed to do and stop pushing to the end of the line those cases that are being filed legally. Is that too much to ask for? I don't know everyone's story here, but wrong is wrong, no matter how you like at it.

We suffer too, we miss our loved ones in the US too, we want to be with them too, and we want to be treated with respect too. I am not saying that they shouldn't get their situations taken care efficiently, I am saying that ours should be treated the same way. Period.

Ok, that sounds a little harsh. I agree with you, BaBam Sam, people are not to blame, not on this post at least, the goverment is. I'm losing track of all my thoughts, I guess I'm thinking about it too much, lol :D I'm am working with my husband on a letter to spread out the word, we'll post it here when it's ready! :D

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.