^_^

REINSTATE BAD_DADDY NOW!!!

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should bad_daddy's ban be reversed and his membership reinstated?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care.

171 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

In other words. The truth will not be told.

:whistle:

Bad_Daddy is not the first habitual offender who has been permanently banned, nor will he be the last. Please also remember that when this happens, the member has only him or herself to blame, as the avoidance of such a permanent step has always been in their own hands.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

As far as the flowers go, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". I never saw the flowers as a "jab" or whatever, I always thought they were just something happy and friendly to put at the end of a statement and as part of a mod's style. I really can't even recall who does the flowers, but I have seen them.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

As far as the flowers go, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". I never saw the flowers as a "jab" or whatever, I always thought they were just something happy and friendly to put at the end of a statement and as part of a mod's style. I really can't even recall who does the flowers, but I have seen them.

kathryn has the link. she'll make the call.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Apparently this poster did it systematically and to more than one person.

What you describe is precisely what he did to me when I joined VJ, inquiring as to why I had joined and under whose authority and demanding answers to questions he was neither qualified nor authorized to ask. In fact, as recently as yesterday he insisted on this very point, in addition to other requests pertaining my personal life.

Probably 99%+ of the members here, post here due to some immigration based filing. Past or present. I haven't seen all of Kip's responses to your posts, but the ones I have seen were things like, "why are you here?" Since you have no timeline, and no filing status, I think that is valid question. Also, with 50% of your posts being multiple :rofl::rofl::rofl: with no text, I wonder myself. I think you have every right to post here just like everyone else. Simply asking WHY you post here, is not a big deal in my mind. People that post here can ask any questions they like. If you want to or don't want to answer them, that's up to you. I hardly see that as any violation of the TOS. Maybe it is.

About my personal life, my favourite colour is green. Also, one of my hobbies is writing English words like I am from the UK or Canada, when I am actually from the U.S.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

First they came for the Alaskans, and I didn't speak out because I was not Alaskan.

Then they came for the misogynists, I didn't speak out because I was not a misogynist.

Then they came for the oil workers, I didn't speak out because I was not an oil worker.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak for me.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

kathryn has the link. she'll make the call.

The link Smoke provided is to a November thread Bad_Daddy started about a young girl in the Middle East who was killed by her parents for being friends with a boy that was reported as needing to be moved from the P&R forum to the Off Topic forum. The comments posted were discussing whether or not it belonged in P&R or should be in Off Topic. A moderator responded to the report, moved the thread to the Off Topic forum and after reporting her actions, posted 2 flowers. Another member quoted the 2 flowers and gave the thumbs up emoticon.

When I read it over I interpreted it as the moderator responding to the original post - a newspaper story about the death of a young girl, and posting 2 flowers in sympathy. The moderator involved has posted sympathy flowers on other threads where a death has been reported. (I have done the same). The other member was agreeing either with the move to Off Topic and/or the expression of sympathy. Smoke disagreed and felt that the moderator and other member involved were making a statement about the ongoing discussion whether the article belonged in P&R or not, and viewed them as personal comments about the OP of the news article rather than the subject of the news article. We have basically agreed to disagree about our interpretations of the matter.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

The link Smoke provided is to a November thread Bad_Daddy started about a young girl in the Middle East who was killed by her parents for being friends with a boy that was reported as needing to be moved from the P&R forum to the Off Topic forum. The comments posted were discussing whether or not it belonged in P&R or should be in Off Topic. A moderator responded to the report, moved the thread to the Off Topic forum and after reporting her actions, posted 2 flowers. Another member quoted the 2 flowers and gave the thumbs up emoticon.

When I read it over I interpreted it as the moderator responding to the original post - a newspaper story about the death of a young girl, and posting 2 flowers in sympathy. The moderator involved has posted sympathy flowers on other threads where a death has been reported. (I have done the same). The other member was agreeing either with the move to Off Topic and/or the expression of sympathy. Smoke disagreed and felt that the moderator and other member involved were making a statement about the ongoing discussion whether the article belonged in P&R or not, and viewed them as personal comments about the OP of the news article rather than the subject of the news article. We have basically agreed to disagree about our interpretations of the matter.

I have suggested before that the staff have two accounts, one that prominently displays some sort of authoritarian but anonymous banner, to be used for admin actions only, without any comment other than explaining the action taken, and a normal member account, with no additional frills or admin powers, to participate solely as a member, so that such actions as Smoke reported will never be misinterpreted as some sort of conspiracy against (a) certain member(s).

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1357854946[/url]' post='5915020']

. I haven't seen all of Kip's responses to your posts, but the ones I have seen were things like, "why are you here?"

good.gifgood.gif

That was my point. Apparently that was a habit of his, which added to the manner in which he spoke to other posters did little to justify his interest as genuinely of a curious nature. That was my interpretation of asking 'why are you here' repeatedly after I answered his questions the first time around.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

good.gifgood.gif

That was my point. Apparently that was a habit of his, which added to the manner in which he spoke to other posters did little to justify his interest as genuinely of a curious nature. That was my interpretation of asking 'why are you here' repeatedly after I answered his questions the first time around.

He thought you were a sockpuppet, and accused several VJ members of masquerading as you, myself amongst them.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1357862324[/url]' post='5915306']

He thought you were a sockpuppet, and accused several VJ members of masquerading as you, myself amongst them.

Oh brother... That's waaaay out there....

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Oh brother... That's waaaay out there....

You have a rather overdeveloped vocabulary, as do I, ergo, I am you. And you are me and we are all together.

F^ck it, we're all the walrus.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que