^_^

REINSTATE BAD_DADDY NOW!!!

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should bad_daddy's ban be reversed and his membership reinstated?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care.

171 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Is he banned for life?

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357786565' post='5913351]

more than just his life. he is banned for eternity.

That's a long time. I thought my 9 day ban was bad.

What did he do and how will he fill his days now?

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Filed: Timeline

That's a long time. I thought my 9 day ban was bad.

What did he do and how will he fill his days now?

I don't know what he did, specifically. My sources are not telling me.

As for his days, I suspect he will work more hours, save more money and one day realize his dream of a mute barely legal gymnast.

Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357786733' post='5913364]

I don't know what he did, specifically. My sources are not telling me.

As for his days, I suspect he will work more hours, save more money and one day realize his dream of a mute barely legal gymnast.

Well as long as he's happy.

Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357787153' post='5913378]

despite the ill intentions harbored by vj moderators, i expect he will be. they can not take that away from him.

He's got a young wife and guns. What more would he need.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:huh: Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357785366' post='5913296]

Just don't get banned yet. My vocabulary still needs a lot of work!

You do realize that I read all of your posts in Cartman's voice right? lol When you're banned, I'll miss that voice laughing.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357784743' post='5913258]He was many things but he always kept this place alive.Si, man (sigh, man).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Bad_Daddy was warned a number of months ago that he was on thin ice due to habitual violations of the Terms of Service. The decision to ban his account was not one that was taken lightly nor made hastily.

The Moderation Team and Captain Ewok have discussed at length how to deal with members who continually violate the Terms of Service. It is not the objective nor the desire of Administration and the Moderation Team to ban members. It really is the action of last resort when the member has become a significant disruptive presence on the site and everything that has been tried to encourage a more responsible posting behaviour, has failed. The objective of the Moderation team is to try and ensure compliance with the Terms of Service. Every member who joins Visa Journey agrees to abide by the Terms of Service and the majority of them do.

When a member violates the TOS, we will try a variety of avenues to encourage a more responsible posting behaviour ranging from private warnings and discussions, to public warnings, to post removals to thread bans and to suspensions. The majority of members on Visa Journey have never even received a private warning, let alone a suspension. There are some, however, who violate the Terms of Service so often that they have experienced all of these actions, including suspensions of increasing length of time. When such members continue to violate the TOS in spite of every effort that has been taken to discourage such misbehaviour, and accrues a certain number of suspensions within a specified period of time (months), then that member is put on the habitual offenders list. If the member still chooses to post irresponsibly, then the member is informed that he/she has started a process that will lead to a permanent ban. They are informed that the next TOS violation will earn a 7 day suspension. If they chose to violate TOS again after their return, then the suspension doubles to 14 days. If a third violation follows within the specified time frame, then that will trigger a month suspension. If there are any more violations after that, then the account is permanently banned. Please remember that this happens only after a long history of TOS violations and attempts to correct the poor behaviour.

Any member involved in this process is fully informed of what to expect and what is expected of him or her. They are also notified at each step of the process where they are and what will happen next if they choose to violate TOS again. When it reaches the stage that an account is banned it is because the member has knowingly and willfully made the choice to continue to violate the Terms of Service. It doesn't come 'out of the blue'. It is the consequence they were fully informed would happen if they failed to observe the Terms of Service.

Bad_Daddy is not the first habitual offender who has been permanently banned, nor will he be the last. Please also remember that when this happens, the member has only him or herself to blame, as the avoidance of such a permanent step has always been in their own hands.

you know about 1/2 of that is true. big daddy was warned. big daddy did adjust his posting style months back. big daddy since has been repeatedly baited by other members. big daddy DID report the baiting to the mod team repeatedly. the mod team did nothing to curb the ongoing baiting. this suspension was personal & done hastily, by a mod that has overstepped their position before. the 'ban' was triggered by bid daddy's response to baiting comments made by a poster you yourself said was 'unofficially asked to join, due to their immigration knowledge' yet that poster mostly post in the P&R forum & baits everyone. ewok didn't perma ban his IP. its an account ban, meaning a mod did it. ewok should review this, over turn it, and instruct the mod team to actually attempt to stop targeted baiting of high profile members.

yah i know my post won't change anything. but, the entire mod team knows its spot on.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg