The Nature Boy

Biden calls for bypassing congress on Gun Control

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357763453' post='5912325]

That's very difficult.

Getting around Roe vs. Wade was not that easy either. Took Republicans 4 decades to figure out how to get there. But they stuck with it and got it done. There are lessons to be learned here...

"Legislation is also needed, Biden added. " So much for your thread title. ..

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Gun control? I do not believe that gun owners will accept gun control as a solution to school violence.

Despite 22 international drug regulatory warnings on psychiatric drugs citing effects of mania, hostility, violence and even homicidal ideation, and dozens of high profile shootings/killings tied to psychiatric drug use, there has yet to be a federal investigation on the link between psychiatric drugs and acts of senseless violence.

At least fourteen recent school shootings were committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs resulting in 109 wounded and 58 killed (in other school shootings, information about their drug use was never made public—neither confirming or refuting if they were under the influence of prescribed drugs.

Between 2004 and 2011, there have been over 11,000 reports to the U.S. FDA’s MedWatch system of psychiatric drug side effects related to violence. These include 300 cases of homicide, nearly 3,000 cases of mania and over 7,000 cases of aggression. Note: By the FDA’s own admission, only 1-10% of side effects are ever reported to the FDA, so the actual number of side effects occurring are most certainly higher.

1.Huntsville, Alabama – February 5, 2010: 15-year-old Hammad Memon shot and killed another Discover Middle School student Todd Brown. Memon had a history for being treated for ADHD and depression. He was taking the antidepressant Zoloft and “other drugs for the conditions.” He had been seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist.

2.Kauhajoki, Finland – September 23, 2008: 22-year-old culinary student Matti Saari shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine. He was also seeing a psychologist.

3.Dekalb, Illinois – February 14, 2008: 27-year-old Steven Kazmierczak shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amount of Xanax in his system. He had been seeing a psychiatrist.

4.Jokela, Finland – November 7, 2007: 18-year-old Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School in southern Finland, then committed suicide.

5.Cleveland, Ohio – October 10, 2007: 14-year-old Asa ####### stormed through his school with a gun in each hand, shooting and wounding four before taking his own life. Court records show ####### had been placed on the antidepressant Trazodone.

6.Red Lake, Minnesota – March 2005: 16-year-old Jeff Weise, on Prozac, shot and killed his grandparents, then went to his school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation where he shot dead 7 students and a teacher, and wounded 7 before killing himself.

7.Greenbush, New York – February 2004: 16-year-old Jon Romano strolled into his high school in east Greenbush and opened fire with a shotgun. Special education teacher Michael Bennett was hit in the leg. Romano had been taking “medication for depression”. He had previously seen a psychiatrist.

8.Wahluke, Washington – April 10, 2001: Sixteen-year-old Cory Baadsgaard took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates and a teacher hostage. He had been taking the antidepressant Effexor.

9.El Cajon, California – March 22, 2001: 18-year-old Jason Hoffman, on the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor, opened fire on his classmates, wounding three students and two teachers at Granite Hills High School. He had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.

10.Williamsport, Pennsylvania – March 7, 2001: 14-year-old Elizabeth Bush was taking the antidepressant Prozac when she shot at fellow students, wounding one.

11.Conyers, Georgia – May 20, 1999: 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with the stimulant Ritalin when he opened fire on and wounded six of his classmates.

12.Columbine, Colorado – April 20, 1999: 18-year-old Eric Harris and his accomplice, Dylan Klebold, killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 26 others before killing themselves. Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox. Klebold’s medical records remain sealed. Both shooters had been in anger-management classes and had undergone counseling. Harris had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.

13.Notus, Idaho – April 16, 1999: 15-year-old Shawn Cooper fired two shotgun rounds in his school, narrowly missing students. He was taking a prescribed SSRI antidepressant and Ritalin.

14.Springfield, Oregon – May 21, 1998: 15-year-old Kip Kinkel murdered his parents and then proceeded to school where he opened fire on students in the cafeteria, killing two and wounding 25. Kinkel had been taking the antidepressant Prozac. Kinkel had been attending “anger control classes” and was under the care of a psychologist.

i don't get it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-control-task-force-obama-biden-nra-executive-action-2013-1

BIDEN: 'Executive Action Can Be Taken' By Obama On Gun Control

Brett LoGiurato | Jan. 9, 2013, 2:42 PM

Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday that the White House has determined President Barack Obama can take executive action in a push to curb gun violence.

"We're here today to deal with a problem that requires immediate action, urgent action," Biden said at a meeting with gun safety advocacy groups and victims of gun violence, according to a pool report released from the meeting.

"The President is going to act," Biden said. He added that the White House has determined "executive action can be taken," but he did not specify what action that could be.

It was the first suggestion from the White House that it could bypass Congress in instituting measures to combat gun violence in the wake of the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. The White House has already called on Congress to reinstate a ban on assault weapons that expired in 2004, close loopholes that allow gun buyers to bypass background checks and ban some high-capacity magazines.

"I want to make clear that we're not going to get caught up in the notion that, unless we can do everything, were going to do nothing," Biden said Wednesday.

White House press secretary Jay Carney also wouldn't specify today what executive action could be taken, sidestepping questions on the issue.

"Those decisions have not been made," Carney said, emphasizing that he did not want to "get ahead of the President or Vice President."

Biden's meeting — which Attorney General Eric Holder also attended — was the first in a series this week for the White House's gun violence task force led by the Vice President. On Thursday, Biden will meet with gun-owner groups like the National Rifle Association and gun-selling retailers like Wal-Mart.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Then we can revolt.

A lot of us were expecting something like this. Comrade Obama could very well be the fuse to ignite this country.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

So be it.

A little rebellion now and then is a good thing and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical

THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to James Madison, Jan. 30, 1787

i don't get it.

So be it.

A little rebellion now and then is a good thing and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical

THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to James Madison, Jan. 30, 1787

:thumbs:

This country was made with a revolution and I do believe it's going to be remade with a revolution. We have plenty of people up here that have been preparing for that day.

sigbet.jpg

This country was made with a revolution and I do believe it's going to be remade with a revolution. We have plenty of people up here that have been preparing for that day.

FAA closes the airports, CBP closes the entries on land and sea and all you prepared people up there will do is look immensely stupid.

A lot of us were expecting something like this. Comrade Obama could very well be the fuse to ignite this country.

:lol: Yeah? Ignite it to do what?

FAA closes the airports, CBP closes the entries on land and sea and all you prepared people up there will do is look immensely stupid.

And as par for the course you came off as clueless in that post.

Alaska Pipeline

The largest mineral deposits in the US

the most private aircraft per capita in the US

the most boats per capita in the US

most guns per capita than the rest of the states

more coast line in Alaska than the rest of the combined USA

Alaska equals 1/5 in size of the Continental US

we border Russia

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yea, like CBP can actually secure our borders!:rofl:

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

And as par for the course you came off as clueless in that post.

Alaska Pipeline

The largest mineral deposits in the US

the most private aircraft per capita in the US

the most boats per capita in the US

most guns per capita in the US

we border Russia

You do. That threatens you much more than me. If we could vote, we'd give you up. Would solve some of the federal budget issues to get rid of you teat suckers up there. We'd have to make sure that your brightest light is home when we ship you off, though. Wouldn't want to be without Alaska and still stuck with that Ditz.