Penny Lane

Washington National Cathedral to wed same-sex couples

192 posts in this topic

i don't know about you, but i wouldn't choose to be a practicing homosexual..

With all the ignorance and hatred, who would?!

Folks that can't tolerate living with the same sex anymore?

:blink:

it's a choice to follow one's biological tendencies. but deprivation of mutual interpersonal/sexual relationships throughout adult life rarely bodes well for the deprived.

The dodge they use is, that Homosexuality is un repentant sin. The gay people "Choose" to be gay and don't plan to change or feel remorse so they are living outside Gods will.

The person lying or committing adultery etc knows it's wrong, but just makes mistakes because the flesh is weak, and ask for forgiveness and wants to change. Then the next time they do it, the cycle starts anew.

Most people view the most egregious sins as the ones they don't practice. In other words if you don't drink it's a mortal sin, If you like to sleep around, then not tithing is the big no no. That is the way it works. Homosexuals are a small % of the population so most people are not gay, so bingo. Easy target.

I.e. I use to really hate on Mr. Bill C about his flings. Then I got caught in a bad marriage, and played with a few interns myself. Now I understand the man and don't see that as having any bearing on his job.

We are all hypocrites, but somehow becoming a christian and thinking you can judge others usually makes you more of one.

This Bible quote supports what you have posted. Matthew Chapter 7 Verses 1-5 This is from a Catholic Bible translation.

“Stop judging,* that you may not be judged.b

For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you.c

Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?

How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove that splinter from your eye,’ while the wooden beam is in your eye?

You hypocrite,* remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother’s eye.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The dodge they use is, that Homosexuality is un repentant sin. The gay people "Choose" to be gay and don't plan to change or feel remorse so they are living outside Gods will.

The person lying or committing adultery etc knows it's wrong, but just makes mistakes because the flesh is weak, and ask for forgiveness and wants to change. Then the next time they do it, the cycle starts anew.

Most people view the most egregious sins as the ones they don't practice. In other words if you don't drink it's a mortal sin, If you like to sleep around, then not tithing is the big no no. That is the way it works. Homosexuals are a small % of the population so most people are not gay, so bingo. Easy target.

I.e. I use to really hate on Mr. Bill C about his flings. Then I got caught in a bad marriage, and played with a few interns myself. Now I understand the man and don't see that as having any bearing on his job.

We are all hypocrites, but somehow becoming a christian and thinking you can judge others usually makes you more of one.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Same-sex marriage is today, what blacks sitting at the front of the bus used to be 60 years ago, and what jews in the US military used to be before that and what suffragettes were before them: Mainstream prejudice.

Hopefully some day America will burst headlong in the 80's!

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Folks that can't tolerate living with the same other sex anymore?

Sorry. Fixed that. Living in the diverse community that I do, I have met more than one person that everybody assumed was happily married, suddenly come out "gay" where the marriage broke up, and I know several openly lesbian couples that chose that lifestyle solely for the companionship. This whole issue is not as decided in the gay and lesbian community as it seems to be in the straight liberal community looking for an excuse not explore their own sexuality a bit more than they do.

As the Dice man said, there is no such thing as a bisexual.

he did say that ...What a tape. Then said, how could one man look at another mans hariy..... of course the libs went nuts, peopel refused to appear on sat night live, but had no problem with Eddie Murphy who ripped on gays, whites , midgets etc.. Go figure.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Same-sex marriage is today, what blacks sitting at the front of the bus used to be 60 years ago, and what jews in the US military used to be before that and what suffragettes were before them: Mainstream prejudice.

Hopefully some day America will burst headlong in the 80's!

Agree.. A large component of organized religion in the 1800's supported Slavery.. But then again the bible is ok with slavery as long as you don't bed one.