Phladetroit

Options needed

29 posts in this topic

Nope - but I invite you to get into the PI forum here, and read a bit.

I can assure you I spend more time/reading in the PI forum then you.

Phladetroit - you probably are confusing everything with the 28 day visa that a USCitizen is granted when entering the PI. Most USCitizens can't get married in the PI during that duration without paying some monies somewhere else (not at immigration control).

It's not that much money to extend it to 60 days, just pay some monies and get it.

If 'some monies' to extend the visa is really that big of an issue, please have another think, redo your plan.

"you probably are confusing everything with the 28 day visa that a USCitizen is granted when entering the PI."

THAT WOULD BE 21 DAYS

"It's not that much money to extend it to 60 days, just pay some monies and get it."

TOURIST (NON-RESTRICTED) ADMITTED INITIALLY FOR 21 DAYS MAY BE EXTENDED FOR ANOTHER 38 DAYS P 3,030.00= 74.1013 USD EXTENSION AFTER 59 DAYS P 4,800.00= 117.388 USD

"Most USCitizens can't get married in the PI during that duration without paying some monies somewhere else"

Rubbish, I have seen this done in 10 days, only took me 12 days, can certainly be accomplished by any US Citizen before 21 days, done all the time with out paying "some monies somewhere else."

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

sjr - rubbish indeed. My brain is broken, I apologize - most of my stuff here is wrong.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are thinking about the spousal route. First get married in the Philippines.

Certificate of legal capacity to marry (US citizen). You can get this in US embassy manila or cebu.

Requirements:

1) Divorce decree if divorce or death certificate if widowed.

2) His/her birth certificate.

3) US passport.

4) Some pictures of you together. Some CO will ask few questions.

5) Payment of the certificate.

Marriage License. You can file this in your local registrar office.

Requirements:

1) Certificate of legal capacity to marry (US citizen).

2) Birth certificate of the filipino citizen from NSO.

3) Birth certificate of the US citizen.

4) Certificate of No Marriage of both parties. You can get this in the NSO. Foreign citizen are required to obtan CENOMAR to determine that he/she had never entered into marriage in the Philippines before.

5) Seminars.

6) Payment of the Certificate.

Church Wedding.

Requirements:

1) Marriage license.

2) Legal capacity to marry (US citizen)

3) Seminars

Civil Wedding

Requirements:

1) Marriage license

2) Witnesses.

Note: Make extra copy of the legal capacity to marry; Birth certificate and cenomar.

Spousal visa application read the link below

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2991.html

Edited by jameugiekaxavilon

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

sjr - rubbish indeed. My brain is broken, I apologize - most of my stuff here is wrong.

All’s good brahda.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Good day VJ Family,

We just wanna know what could be our other options IF ever US citizen fiance cant stay for 4 weeks in my country as a requirement for spousal visa in case our I-129 fiance visa application will be denied?

Your idea and advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Hi, first off, like what Ryan H said, be positive!

However, if you change plans and decide on going the spousal visa route, everything can be done in 3 weeks, I think. My husband stayed here in the PH for 4 weeks and that already included our honeymoon. We had a church wedding. I wish to note though we have undergone the paperwork process accordingly, without requesting for any urgent processing. You may get more info here, for you to study about what's needed from the USC: http://manila.usemba...v/marriage.html.

The day after my husband arrived, we got the legal capacity to marry certificate at the US Embassy, then proceeded to applying for a marriage license, waited for 10 working days. Got the marriage license in time for our wedding.

As for staying for more than 21-days, the USC may apply for a visa at the nearest Philippine Consulate, check this out: http://manila.usemba...v/wwwha006.html My husband didn't mention anything about getting a visa though, possibly because he's Filipino, I'm not sure though.

Just plan out your timeline well, do research on the processing time of documents and the requirements at the municipal office of the city or province of the Filipino citizen or where the marriage license will be obtained and where the wedding will take place. And if you plan on having a church wedding, research too on the requirements of the church where you plan to get married.

Edited by CJ8611

CR-1 VISA

USCIS

06/20/2012 - I-130 mailed

06/27/2012 - NOA1 (SMS)
08/28/2012 - I-130 Approved (2 months after NOA1; No RFE)
09/01/2012 - NOA2 (Mail)

NVC
09/18/2012 - NVC Case number, I-864 invoice and DS-3032 received via e-mail (3 weeks after I-130 Approval)
09/18/2012 - I-864 fee paid; DS-3032 e-mailed(used DS-3032 e-mail template)
10/02/2012 - DS-3032 acknowledged(2 weeks after e-mailing DS-3032)
10/03/2012 - IV invoice received via e-mail
10/04/2012 - IV fee paid
10/22/2012 - I-864EZ packet delivered
11/05/2012 - I-864EZ accepted (No RFE)
11/09/2012 - IV packet delivered
11/27/2012 - Confirmed case complete via phone call; received NVC instruction letter with interview date via e-mail

US EMBASSY - MANILA
12/18 & 26/2012 - Medical
01/04/2013 - Interview @ 6:15 AM (APPROVED @ around 10:10 AM)
01/10/2013 - Passport and IV packet delivered (in 4 business days)

04/30/2013 - POE: SEATTLE, WA

05/14/2013 - SSN received

05/21/2013 - GC received

10/07/2013 - 1st Day @ 1st Job

ROC

02/21/2015 - I-751 mailed via USPS

02/27/2015 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Receipt date: 02/23/2015)

05/14/2015 - Biometrics appointment (Original 3/24)

08/28/2015 - GC ordered

Naturalization

05/16/2016 - N-400 mailed via USPS

05/23/2016 - Received NOA

06/15/2016 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

CR-1 is a better backup plan, the K3 is an obsolete visa type.

:thumbs:Why would you not be granted a I129f?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

K1 Visa petition is very easy. If your case is denied find out the reason why your petition was denied and follow the instructions. When a ki petition is denied you can appeal or reopen the case and provide the USCIS with the information needed and i bet you your petition will be approved. I had my case denied twice but thank God and visa Journey for the help I got. Let me know what the reason for denying for petition we can work it out together.

Edited by BABA70

:thumbs:Why would you not be granted a I129f?

The OP had their petition sent back to USCIS by the consulate after the initial interview. They've been notified that a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) is in the mail, though AFAIK they haven't received the hard copy yet.

Previous thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/401915-i-129f-termination-letter/

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Removing Conditions on Residency Discussion to K1 Process & Procedures.

**Organizer hat off**

First of all, think positively.

Secondly, if the visa gets denied and the petition is sent back. USCIS will likely allow it to expire in which case your choices are this:

• Start over by filing another petition.
  • Get married and file a petition on behalf of a spouse.

While USCIS may allow the petition to expire (the most likely outcome); they could reaffirm their original approval and send it back for another interview. Or they could send you a Notice of Intent to Revoke (NOIR). If you were to receive an NOIR, you must send a rebuttal by the deadline on the notice and must address each point on the notice in your rebuttal. Failure to properly respond to NOIR will result in the petition being revoked (Note: proper response to an NOIR does not guarantee reaffirmation).

Finally, and I'll say what I said previously......THINK POSITIVE!

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Timeline

If for any reason your K-1 application is denied, the first thing you'll need to do is find out exactly why it was denied.

Once you have a clear picture of why it was denied, you have several options (depending on the reason for denial.)

The vast majority of K-1 denials happen because the consular officer simply is not convinced that a real, bona fide relationship exists. While the consulate does not have the authority to actually revoke the petition per se, they can refuse to issue the visa, and leave it to expire. De facto denial.

The steps in this case are usually:

1. Find out why the CO didn't believe your relationship was real.

2. Create a game plan and gather evidence to prove your relationship beyond reasonable doubt.

3. Get married in the Philippines or a 3rd country, then file an I-130 for a CR-1 visa.

PS. Even if you are married and apply for a CR-1, the underlying reason for the K-1 denial will still be there. The CO will not be convinced simply because you got married. He/she will still need to be convinced that your marriage is real and not purely for immigration purposes.

If the CO believes your relationship to be real, but you have a bar for any reason, you're in an equally tough, if not tougher spot. Most bars are given for overstay, but may also be given for other negative immigration history, or crimes involving moral turpitude (generally fraud, violent crimes, drugs, sex crimes etc.) If the bar is given for fraud (including false claim to US citizenship), gang affiliation, drug related crimes, sex crimes or an aggravated felony you can almost positively forget about any immigrant visa. Ever.

If the bar is given for less serious crimes, overstay or other less serious immigration violations you and your significant other may be eligible for an I-601 waiver. This is a waiver of a re-entry bar for immediate relatives of US citizens who can prove extreme hardship if they were forced to be separated from their relative or had to move to the relative's country.

Note that being eligible for a waiver, and having a waiver actually granted are two very different things. Waiver territory is lawyer territory.

For overstays, there is a 3/10 year bar rule. Overstay between 180 days to one year is a 3 year bar. Overstay of more than 1 year is a 10 year bar. No overstay is accumulated before a person turns 18.

Edited by Jay Jay

What are the options if K1 visa application gets denied?

The options have not changed since the last time you asked this question.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~~~duplicate threads merged Do Not Start another thread for the same/similar question~~~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.