Mr. Big Dog

Stand you Ground? No, get your butt to jail!

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So if you are a 70 yr old attacked by 40 yr old twice your size – would you not pull out your gun?

What was 70 yr old supposed to do?

What was he supposed to do? Stay on the porch i/o accosting a 40 year old Air Force veteran. Had he done that, he would not be headed to the state facilities for the rest of his life, the Air Force veteran would be alive and his daughter would still have her daddy around. Everyone would have come out a winner. Instead, Dooley chose to be stoopid.

What was he supposed to do? Stay on the porch i/o accosting a 40 year old Air Force veteran. Had he done that, he would not be headed to the state facilities for the rest of his life, the Air Force veteran would be alive and his daughter would still have her daddy around. Everyone would have come out a winner. Instead, Dooley chose to be stoopid.

I understand your stance on guns, but this case perplexes me. Mr. Dooley went to the teens and told them not to skateboard on the asphalt, Mr. James jumped into it to defend the kids. Neither one was really wrong in this scenario. But here is where it gets strange. If both men were walking away and Mr. Dooley pulled his gun to try and intimidate Mr. James as one account says, then I can say he should have just left it alone. A vet will react when dealing with an armed person, I know I would if I felt my life and my family's life is in danger. But then Mr. Dooley says he was walking away and Mr. James followed him yelling at him. If he pulled his gun to try to defuse the situation and James attacked him it's a whole different story.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

And there is nobody that collaborates corroborates that story. That is why Mr. Dooley will never be a free man again.

Fixed, unless you're rolling your L's and R's like my wife.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

And there is nobody that collaborates that story. That is why Mr. Dooley will never be a free man again.

Jury has been proven wrong in past not on single case but bunch of the cases.

I am sure since you claim to be know all you know lot of those ppl are set free now based on the DNA evidence when jury had convicted them.

As per the article you have attached it seems that Dooley was attacked and in that case it would be self defense.

Or you got to agree that media does not know all the fact every time they report and bunch of the time they report half baked stories.

Edited by Harsh_77

Jury has been proven wrong in past not on single case but bunch of the cases.

Sure but more often than not, a jury gets it right. In this case it seems they got it right.

I am sure since you claim to be know all you know lot of those ppl are set free now based on the DNA evidence when jury had convicted them.

I don't claim to know it all. But I DO know that Mr. Dooley will NOT be set free based on DNA evidence. You can take that to the bank.

As per the article you have attached it seems that Dooley was attacked and in that case it would be self defense.

The jury which heard the whole body of evidence found that this was not self-defense. While not by itself, the fact that Mr. Dooley needlessly instigated the whole incident and then re-escalated the situation after the parties had turned away from each other may have something to do with it.

Sort of the same issue that one Mr. Zimmerman will have to deal with soon. The verdict visited upon Mr. Dooley should have Mr. Zimmerman worried to say the least.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So if you are a 70 yr old attacked by 40 yr old twice your size – would you not pull out your gun?

What was 70 yr old supposed to do?

Actually, no I wouldn't. In my mind, I just don't think of a gun as a correct response to a fist fight. Or to most things. Yes, the 70 year old could have gotten beat up (obviously that would be horrible), but then James could've been arrested and prosecuted for assault rather than be dead and have Dooley in jail for killing him.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Actually, no I wouldn't. In my mind, I just don't think of a gun as a correct response to a fist fight. Or to most things. Yes, the 70 year old could have gotten beat up (obviously that would be horrible), but then James could've been arrested and prosecuted for assault rather than be dead and have Dooley in jail for killing him.

The long and short of it is that Mr. Davis, an Air Force Veteran, would not have inflicted harm on Mr. Dooley. Least of all in front of his 8 year old daughter. Common sense goes a long way - unless a handgun gets in the way.

Timeline

The long and short of it is that Mr. Davis, an Air Force Veteran, would not have inflicted harm on Mr. Dooley. Least of all in front of his 8 year old daughter. Common sense goes a long way - unless a handgun gets in the way.

That seems to be what witness testimony suggested and the jury agreed. So :thumbs:

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

Sure but more often than not, a jury gets it right. In this case it seems they got it right.

I don't claim to know it all. But I DO know that Mr. Dooley will NOT be set free based on DNA evidence. You can take that to the bank.

The jury which heard the whole body of evidence found that this was not self-defense. While not by itself, the fact that Mr. Dooley needlessly instigated the whole incident and then re-escalated the situation after the parties had turned away from each other may have something to do with it.

Sort of the same issue that one Mr. Zimmerman will have to deal with soon. The verdict visited upon Mr. Dooley should have Mr. Zimmerman worried to say the least.

Verdict can always be challenged and you don't know what the court would say than.

All I am pointing to you is media is not right all the time nor the Jury.

So actually without knowing the situation completely it would be really ignorant to call someone a trigger happy person.

Zimmerman is the same case, most ppl just believe he is guilty coz media portrayed that way and we all know how many times media is on the spot on their reporting.

Timeline

I guess you are ok to beat up a 70 yr old but where I come from 40 yr old hitting a 70 yr old is not acceptable.

James should have known not to hit someone almost twice their age, just coz he was a Vet did not give him right to hit anyone.

Unfortunately he paid for his life, where he should had just walked away and Dooley should had walked away too.

This is a very good example of how sometimes younger generation is growing up in environment where they do not care or respect for elder, if the place had been resurfaced as the basket ball court and guys were skateboarding on it - so someone who cares for the community comes and asks them not to do it, they start the stupid argument where is the sign.

Sorry but I have not respect for the Vet who goes on thinking he can beat up a 70 yr old in front of his 8 yr old daughter.

Is this the example he was setting for his 8 yr old daughter - that its ok to attack older ppl just coz you are arrogant.

Timeline

I guess you are ok to beat up a 70 yr old but where I come from 40 yr old hitting a 70 yr old is not acceptable.

James should have known not to hit someone almost twice their age, just coz he was a Vet did not give him right to hit anyone.

Unfortunately he paid for his life, where he should had just walked away and Dooley should had walked away too.

This is a very good example of how sometimes younger generation is growing up in environment where they do not care or respect for elder, if the place had been resurfaced as the basket ball court and guys were skateboarding on it - so someone who cares for the community comes and asks them not to do it, they start the stupid argument where is the sign.

Sorry but I have not respect for the Vet who goes on thinking he can beat up a 70 yr old in front of his 8 yr old daughter.

Is this the example he was setting for his 8 yr old daughter - that its ok to attack older ppl just coz you are arrogant.

Wow you love just putting word in people's mouths and making everything ~dramatic~, don't you? I didn't say that was acceptable at all, hence the punishment for assault that would've occurred had he beat him up.

Why don't you actually read the testimony of the witnesses and learn that James only attacked when Dooley flashed a gun. This "respect your elders" is bull since he flashed a gun at James. Sorry, but I don't care what age you are...you flash a gun and that is all negated.

You can respect your elders and correct them. Being an elder doesn't make you untouchable. The kid had a right to skateboard there if it was allowed. Dooley had a right to request him to leave, just as the teen had a right to refuse and James had a right to speak up on behalf of the teen.

Please just read the testimonies and realize that James was only attacking once a gun was flashed.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

Verdict can always be challenged and you don't know what the court would say than.

All I am pointing to you is media is not right all the time nor the Jury.

So actually without knowing the situation completely it would be really ignorant to call someone a trigger happy person.

Zimmerman is the same case, most ppl just believe he is guilty coz media portrayed that way and we all know how many times media is on the spot on their reporting.

I find it amusing how you can chastise someone else for calling someone a "trigger happy person" without knowing all of the facts, but yet you are calling James "arrogant" and insulting his character without "knowing all of the facts".

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey

09/19/2013 - Interview