Mr. Big Dog

Stand you Ground? No, get your butt to jail!

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This happened a few weeks back. Just thought with all the trigger happiness being expressed around here, it might be worth remembering that the trigger happy "law abiding gun owners" - or the the ticking time bombs as they would be more accurately described - have a good chance to face a sane jury and find themselves convicted of their crimes. Such is the case for one Trevor Dooley, a man that killed a man in cold blood in front of his 8 year old daughter and another child. May he rot in jail until he goes to hell!

Jury finds 71-year-old Trevor Dooley guilty on all counts in "skateboarder trial"

This one hits close to home because trigger happy idiots like this Dooley freak ruin perfectly good neighborhoods. His father should have had the decency to use a damn condom rather than burdening us with this piece of #######.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This happened a few weeks back. Just thought with all the trigger happiness being expressed around here, it might be worth remembering that the trigger happy "law abiding gun owners" - or the the ticking time bombs as they would be more accurately described - have a good chance to face a sane jury and find themselves convicted of their crimes. Such is the case for one Trevor Dooley, a man that killed a man in cold blood in front of his 8 year old daughter and another child. May he rot in jail until he goes to hell!

Jury finds 71-year-old Trevor Dooley guilty on all counts in "skateboarder trial"

This one hits close to home because trigger happy idiots like this Dooley freak ruin perfectly good neighborhoods. His father should have had the decency to use a damn condom rather than burdening us with this piece of #######.

Someone who defends themselves from someone bigger than them who's harming them is a freak? :unsure:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is an interesting case. I agree with the jury that he should face jail time since, IMO, using a gun was excessive force and it was concealed/unknown to James (from everything I've read on this case). I'm not a gun proponent in the first place, so I am a bit reassured that he was found guilty. My sense of uneasiness with the case comes from how hard the sentence was, but I don't think I know enough to justify or ridicule the jury's decision there yet.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

This is an interesting case. I agree with the jury that he should face jail time since, IMO, using a gun was excessive force and it was concealed/unknown to James (from everything I've read on this case). I'm not a gun proponent in the first place, so I am a bit reassured that he was found guilty. My sense of uneasiness with the case comes from how hard the sentence was, but I don't think I know enough to justify or ridicule the jury's decision there yet.

The 70 year old man should have let the younger man choke him to death. That was the only fair thing to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The 70 year old man should have let the younger man choke him to death. That was the only fair thing to do.

Firstly, I did not say that at all so cheers for implying dramatic and incorrect things :thumbs: /sarcasm-returned

Second, the court ruled that there was "no reasonable belief that deadly force was required". Testimony showed that James was only trying to get the gun away from Dooley when he was shot. When you have three witnesses claiming the same thing and only the defendant claiming the other, your sarcasm is invalidated.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Second, the court ruled that there was "no reasonable belief that deadly force was required". Testimony showed that James was only trying to get the gun away from Dooley when he was shot. When you have three witnesses claiming the same thing and only the defendant claiming the other, your sarcasm is invalidated.

Exactly. The trigger happy maniac tried to pull a fast one on the justice system and failed in his attempt. He deserves what he is getting and then some.

I'd never heard of this story until now, so judging by the article, Dooley was trying to go home after the verbal incident and the other guy followed him and the fight turned physical? The other guy initiated it? Seems like self defense to me, unless I'm missing something..

It says the incident happened two years ago. So this guy was 69 years old. I doubt he's going around picking fights in skateboard parks or whatever.

Edited by Evylin

Maybe I'm missing something but how is this guy trigger happy? I read both pieces, and from what I read it seems like this started as a verbal spat, Mr. Dooley tried to remove himself from the situation, and Mr. James followed him. The victim then tried to choke the like out of the guy who had the gun. If Mr. James was able to get the gun away from him, what would have happened? I am all about gun control, but unless there are some facts missing, this sounds like self defense to me.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something but how is this guy trigger happy? I read both pieces, and from what I read it seems like this started as a verbal spat, Mr. Dooley tried to remove himself from the situation, and Mr. James followed him. The victim then tried to choke the like out of the guy who had the gun. If Mr. James was able to get the gun away from him, what would have happened? I am all about gun control, but unless there are some facts missing, this sounds like self defense to me.

Okay, glad I'm not the only one who is confused.

Okay, glad I'm not the only one who is confused.

Nope, I can't make sense of it either. James was almost half his age and twice his size, plus I'm not sure flashing your weapon at someone that was being that aggressive was the smartest thing to do. That might have set him off even further. In the first story all the people spoke of him as this defending champion of young people's right, which is admirable. But to follow and fight a guy old enough to be your grandfather? Not so much.

Oh btw, RHR I +1 your first post, don't let it go to your head :dance:

Edited by Su and Marvin

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I'd never heard of this story until now, so judging by the article, Dooley was trying to go home after the verbal incident and the other guy followed him and the fight turned physical? The other guy initiated it? Seems like self defense to me, unless I'm missing something..

It says the incident happened two years ago. So this guy was 69 years old. I doubt he's going around picking fights in skateboard parks or whatever.

I remember this well because it happened in a community not far from where I live. It took the jury all of 90 minutes to find the perp guilty of manslaughter. Seeing that he's 71 years old facing up to 30 years behind bars, I think it's safe to say that he won't have the opportunity to ever kill again. My community is better off without that gun flashing fella.

while unfortunate that someone was killed over something so petty, the deceased shouldn't have started a physical altercation with the old man. with anyone. responsible forty somethings don't go around wrestling the elderly over where skateboarding is allowed. what a dumb thing to die for.

I remember this well because it happened in a community not far from where I live. It took the jury all of 90 minutes to find the perp guilty of manslaughter. Seeing that he's 71 years old facing up to 30 years behind bars, I think it's safe to say that he won't have the opportunity to ever kill again. My community is better off without that gun flashing fella.

You aren't answering the question though... how did this incident make Dooley "trigger happy"? It seems like he was defending himself in an already physical altercation with someone much younger and much bigger than he was. An altercation he did not initiate.

The victim then tried to choke the like out of the guy who had the gun.

Says the perp and nobody else. The jury saw through all the smoke and mirrors and concluded that Dooley killed Davis in front of Davis' 8 year old daughter over nothing at all. The Air Force veteran that was killed did not threaten Dooley's life. I think the jurors that handed down the verdict have gotten a much better view of what transpired than what a couple of newspaper articles will offer.

while unfortunate that someone was killed over something so petty, the deceased shouldn't have started a physical altercation with the old man. with anyone. responsible forty somethings don't go around wrestling the elderly over where skateboarding is allowed. what a dumb thing to die for.

That's not what happened. Dooley would have walked if that was what transpired.