scotinmass

Vermont finally sees sense

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Oh, yes, I see. It was Scotinmass.

You know that Vermont has pre-emption and this was just an excerise to get attention. Children throwing thweir toys out of the crib. :lol:

The ordinance is null and void and cannot be enacted. Se my topic on it.

THIS is why the NRA has worked to enact pre-emption in 40 states. Vermotn has ALWAYS had pre-emption just as it has ALWAYS allowed anyone to carry concealed firearms.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Now Gary will probably move.

No

Vermont has pre-emption. This is meaningless and will have -0- effect. One of the reasons I live here is that Hippies cannot strip me of my rights on a whim or because it seems popular at the moment. It is a LIBERAL state where we value RIGHTS and protect them.

And still the safest!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

He's already packing.

:lol:

Yes, I am. It is cool today so I could wear my long chore coat to do some shopping. That means Dad's old M1911 .45 got to go with me. It is a full size .45 and doesn't "pack" well under a short coat or shirt, but it deserves some fresh air every now and again, so when the conditions allow, I pack a real man's gun. Cocked and locked, hammer at full stand over a live round in the chamber, thumb safety on.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I hear Alaska is nice this time of year!

+1 :lol:

Obviously your total lack of firearms and firearms law knowledge prevented you from hearing that Vermont does not allow cities to make ordinances affecting the ownership of firearms. Dammit, eh?

I was never worried. Non-issue. By the way, the Burlington city council also banned "fracking" for oil exploration. Just in case. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

It's called "democracy". The wacko extremists have to learn they can't bully the majority of persons living in the US, like they do in places like Israel, or did in South Africa and Iraq.

:rofl:

The law is null and void by pre-emption under state law and constitution. So who is learning from whom?

And, yes, I purposely waited this long to comment so y'all would jump in with both feet in your mouths!

What a hoot!

Can he afford to move now that he's living on the gov't teet?

Don't need to.

The gay loving anti-gun multi-racial liberals are the majority now - Get used to it, or find yourself in Gitmo with the rest of the terrorists.

Which is why we enacted pre-emption laws in 40 states (so far) RIGHTS are not subject to poularity polls.

If you don't like it, leave! Isn't that the rule?

No tmy rule.

My rule is, if you do not like, take action to PREVENT it. We did. The ordinance is null and void

I think I read that a time or two before.

While you were sleeping, 40 states put in place pre-emption to prevent this. Go back to sleep.

so, carrying a revolver on an open-carry is still allowed. COOL !

The affects nothing, the council is not empowered to make such rules. This is a publicity stunt and nothing else. YAY!!!!!!!!!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Nice post whoring. :thumbs::lol:

It's almost too easy. Hardly any sport to it, Spooky.

I am reminded of the axiom..."the best thing to have in a debate is a dumb@ss for an opponent"

Game over. Again.

Gary And Alla

Respectful nod. Well done.

It's almost too easy. Hardly any sport to it, Spooky.

I am reminded of the axiom..."the best thing to have in a debate is a dumb@ss for an opponent"

Game over. Again.

i don't get it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's called "democracy". The wacko extremists have to learn they can't bully the majority of persons living in the US, like they do in places like Israel, or did in South Africa and Iraq.

I think that is why they talk so much about needing a revolution, to get rid of that pesky element of democracy!

Timeline

I think that is why they talk so much about needing a revolution, to get rid of that pesky element of democracy!

The Vermont pre-emption was enacted Democratically. The Burlington City Council broke the law in enacting this ordinance, even despite the advice of the city attorney. They WILL be sued for it. This is Vermont, you do NOT ban guns.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

3303877717_742520b279.jpg

Cute. One wonders why it was not your FIRST post in this thread. :whistle:

EAT IT! There will be no assault weapons ban anywhere in Vermont or on the Federal level. Keep dreaming and talking big. People who need to be elected will never touch it. You do not have to like it.

Gary And Alla