Bad_Daddy

What's going on in P&R with the censorship?

23 posts in this topic

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/407964-woman-jailed-in-britain-for-beating-son-to-death/ <----- This article was taken from the front page of the Yahoo home page via the AP news network yet it was locked with the warning not to be reopened.

Just so I don't cross the invisible line on here what news sources and topics are politically correct on here? I just want to get it clear so I don't cross that invisible line of censorship.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

The thread was locked because it is part of the habitual pattern by the OP of posting news articles of a negative and provocative nature with the intent of pushing 'hot buttons', creating emotionally heated responses from certain identified audiences here on Visa Journey. This has happened with other posters who have demonstrated similar patterns as well.

I'm going to allow discussion of this topic to continue as I can appreciate not everyone agrees with moderation's perspectives - but I ask everyone please to remain civil. If the discussion disintegrates into attacks or tirades or insults, then the thread will be closed.

Patterns of posting behaviour are not just obvious to the moderation team but to many of the general membership as well and people do take sides, generally with those who hold similar points of view on the topics under discussion. Discussion of sensitive topics are fine as long as they are done with respect and circumspection; but when a theme develops that indicates a poster has an ulterior agenda - one of promoting an unacceptable viewpoint that crosses the line into racism, homophobia, religious intolerance, etc., a topic that may be fine when posted by another, becomes unacceptable because of the pattern. The poster knows his/her 'audience' and 'the moderation team 'knows' the poster.

A habit? Then how about locking each and everyone of those Green Energy threads posted by a certain poster or the political threads posted by a certain Jersey poster.

I post articles from mainstream sources that are open for discussion or debate if you would like to call it that. What I don't buy into is the fact about the VJ moderation team being aware of me having a agenda. If that was the case then P&R would be closed to do the lack of topics open for discussion seeing how just about all the regular posters in P&R show a "pattern of threads" they choose to start.

So now we know that "sensitive topics" are not to be discussed. Might as well get rid of the "R" in P&R seeing how religion is a sensitive topic to some. Politics is also sensitive to many so might as well do away with the "P" in "P&R".

So from now on no religious threads no matter what news source they come from right? Same with any other topic that may look like it could be sensitive to some.

I'l be sure to let you know when I see a topic that I deem sensitive to myself. I wouldn't want to see favorites played in that forum just to appease a few.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
get rid of the "R" in P&R

do away with the "P" in "P&R"

Bright side: we're free to post things about "&". :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Bright side: we're free to post things about "&". :)

I live in Alaska and this state along with it's citizens depend on oil along with mining, forestry and commercial fishing for a source of income. I find all those green energy threads in P&R offensive to my lifestyle and way of thinking seeing how I work in the oil industry and depend on it in order to put a roof over my head and feed my family as it is with most Alaskans.

But I don't think those green energy threads should be locked just to appease me. It's all about free thinking and freedom of choice. :hehe:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/407964-woman-jailed-in-britain-for-beating-son-to-death/ <----- This article was taken from the front page of the Yahoo home page via the AP news network yet it was locked with the warning not to be reopened.

Just so I don't cross the invisible line on here what news sources and topics are politically correct on here? I just want to get it clear so I don't cross that invisible line of censorship.

Moderation team is controlled by Canadians and Brits, always has been. Get the hint!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Moderation team is controlled by Canadians and Brits, always has been. Get the hint!

I find that offensive, I am Irish, not British :P

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

That only comes into play if one knows the difference.

We're 'Murkhans. Education is overrated! Buy ammo! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Find another thread to troll.

sigbet.jpg