Should the 22nd Amendment be repealed?

19 members have voted

1. 1. Third term for Obama?

• Yes
    • No

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
New York congressman introduces bill to abolish presidential term limits

New York Democratic Rep. Jose Serrano reintroduced a bill in Congress on Friday to repeal the 22nd Amendment, which places term limits on the U.S. presidency.

The bill, which has been referred to committee, would allow Barack President Obama to become the first president since Franklin Roosevelt to seek a third term in office.

H.J. Res. 15 proposes “an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.”

The bill is a reintroduction of H.J. Res. 17, which Serrano introduced in Congress in January 2011.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/06/new-york-congressman-introduces-bill-to-abolish-presidential-term-limits/#ixzz2HQOJvn9H

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Aha! First they come after your guns, next thing you know they try to set up a monarchy!

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

People wonder why nothing gets done in Congress. This guy needs to go back to school and understand what it takes to amend the constitution.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is a country truly free and a Democracy if you can only be President for 2 terms? :whistle:

It never was a Democracy... It was setup as a Republic, and through bastardization of the constitution it's barely even that these days.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

The guy in the OP is from Puerto Rico.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Is a country truly free and a Democracy if you can only be President for 2 terms? :whistle:

Yes.

But it would help if Congresspeople and Senators were similarly limited in their tenure.

I'd also include Supreme Court Justices, too.

A part of the inertia in Washington is due to the same old faces coming back time and again and the consequent dearth of new ideas all through government.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yes.

But it would help if Congresspeople and Senators were similarly limited in their tenure.

I'd also include Supreme Court Justices, too.

A part of the inertia in Washington is due to the same old faces coming back time and again and the consequent dearth of new ideas all through government.

Generally agree, but with Supreme Court Justices, longer terms make some sense...perhaps just not life terms, something like 12 or 16 years max.

Edited by Usui Takumi

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Generally agree, but with Supreme Court Justices, longer terms make some sense...perhaps just not life terms, something like 12 or 16 years max.

12 years is fine - matches the 2 terms for a Senator

Congress needs to be 4 terms max (8 years)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

r u skeerd of da broncos?

In Denver? Absolutely. New England has a dismal record in Denver. We never won there during Elway's entire career. And since then only 2 or 3 times. I think we have 2 wins there under Brady. And now Manning is having a career year there. Of course I hate Eli even more. :devil:

:ot2:

I do need to use the term democracy appropriately. The US was formed as a Republic.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline

Aha! First they come after your guns, next thing you know they try to set up a monarchy!

Monarchy? I don't support repealing the 22nd Amendment but to suggest that repealing the 22nd Amendment would make this country a monarchy ignores history. Aside from FDR, no President was ever elected to more than two terms prior to the 22nd Amendment passing a little over a half a century ago. That's right, for over 150 years there were no term limits on the President and yet only one President was ever elected to more than two terms. So spare us the drama please.