one...two...tree

Captain Ewok, This Categories Business of Moving Posts Needs to Stop

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Thanks, Kathryn, for a well thought out response.

I think we should get rid of P&R and Off Topic and instead have a new forum called, Hot Topic/Current Events. It would be broad enough and vague enough to allow members to create threads containing almost any variety of subject matter and it would make the job of moderating/organizing easier in that forum. It would eliminate the need to move threads except in cases where they may fit better under the other forums on this site. As far as a hot topic going cold - you leave it up to the member participation in that thread. Threads that don't get replies quickly move off the front page. Now if there are VJ'ers who are cushioning their post numbers by resurrecting threads that have moved off the front page - Moderators can stop that behavior by hiding such posts. This would be win-win situation for both Mods and those who actively participate.

If you have any say in the matter, please consider this idea as I sincerely believe it will foster broader participation and invigorate the discussions.

All that would do is return us to the status quo ante of Off Topic before the original separation of P&R. It didn't work then, and I agree with Kathryn that the current incarnation of Off Topic is working out just fine as it is.

As for P&R, I see no problem with adding Current Affairs to the title, much as I don't see any issues with leaving it as it is, with the current moderation.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*yawn*. what's next?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ya, he should find another web portal to feed his needs, for his particular demographic and his particular audience demographic.

Or become a Moderator and police his own sandbox.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ya, he should find another web portal to feed his needs, for his particular demographic and his particular audience demographic.

Or become a Moderator and police his own sandbox.

Why? Just because some VJ members may not be interested in those topics should not preclude their posting. It is up to the OP to foster discussion of their topics, or let the subject go at their own choosing

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

Why? Just because some VJ members may not be interested in those topics should not preclude their posting. It is up to the OP to foster discussion of their topics, or let the subject go at their own choosing

Hi ! I was answering this one:

I think the big problem you have here, is people not discussing threads that you think are worth discussing. Simply keeping them in P&R isn't going to make the topic more interesting to other posters.

So, reread, rethread, let me know yer thoughts? TIA!

(thanks for increasing the post count in this topic, btw.... it ain't over till it's over!)

Timeline

Hi ! I was answering this one:

I think the big problem you have here, is people not discussing threads that you think are worth discussing. Simply keeping them in P&R isn't going to make the topic more interesting to other posters.

So, reread, rethread, let me know yer thoughts? TIA!

(thanks for increasing the post count in this topic, btw.... it ain't over till it's over!)

Then maybe you should have used the quote function, to save on confusion. <_<

As it is, you might actually want to read my reply, as it addresses an issue acknowledged by a number of posters here as central to the failure of LM's posts to achieve lift-off.

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think they should get rid of all the non immigration forums here and be done with it. It would be better for everyone. Perhaps people would find something productive to do with all the time they waste here arguing about nonsense. :devil:

:thumbs:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

I think they should get rid of all the non immigration forums here and be done with it. It would be better for everyone. Perhaps people would find something productive to do with all the time they waste here arguing about nonsense. :devil:

But it's FUN ;)

Edited by Pooky

2011-11-15.garfield.png

It is against the TOS to tell members -- any member -- to leave the forum just because you don't like how that member is posting, or the content of his or her posts.

Some VJers apparently need to be reminded of this. Repeatedly.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

As it is, you might actually want to read my reply, as it addresses an issue acknowledged by a number of posters here as central to the failure of LM's posts to achieve lift-off.

Ya, I'm agreeing with you - he's failed to achieve lift-off.

I've written about this stuff before - where it makes more sense for any Poster to write a paragraph or 3, included with the quote from another website. Having just a quote gives me (and others) the feeling that the poster just didn't care enough about the topic to give input or opinion. Some posters do like to simply quote stuff and get their funsies in watching the back and forth - but usually the back and forth doesn't address post #1 in a topic - it's always 'fun' to watch the diatribes amongst the groups, aye?

Filed: Timeline

IMO - there's no real problem here. Moderation has adequately described (in this thread) the criteria for inclusion in P&R. They want to see political/religious content in a thread that isn't clearly political/religious.

So, Steven.. that's what you gotta do going forward. It shouldn't be too hard.

Instead of pasting an article, write a short blog post.

Timeline

Maybe we could post some examples of a GOOD Religious post?

Or at least the urls? hmmmmmm...