H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

We met in college here in the States. He was here on an F-1 visa. Frankly, he's not thrilled about the prospect of coming back to the States despite all the trouble back home but he has no other choice if he wants to be with me :luv: .

I understand that you both are of different religion. I really am not trying to be rude or pretend like I know your situation so please don't take it the wrong way but I've always been curious of couples who are of different religion yet are together or are married. My question is when you have kids, what religion will they be? Again, no offense intended and you don't have to answer if you're not comfortable. =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I understand that you both are of different religion. I really am not trying to be rude or pretend like I know your situation so please don't take it the wrong way but I've always been curious of couples who are of different religion yet are together or are married. My question is when you have kids, what religion will they be? Again, no offense intended and you don't have to answer if you're not comfortable. =)

I will PM you because I feel like this thread should stay about interviews at Sanaa and I had no intention to hijack it. Sorry guys!

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

Hey guys any news about the interviews

I have heard that the embassy gives appointments at the 2nd week of every month !!! is that true !!!

I wish you guys a good luck insha3allah yaaa rab we will allllll get it soon

Timeline

I have heard that the embassy gives appointments at the 2nd week of every month !!! is that true !!!

I think you and missing you babe are gonna get interviews in May insha'Allah so keep us posted.

Timeline

Just wondering which type of visa everyone in this thread is waiting on? We are currently waiting on an appt for a k1 fiance visa. The embassy said they received the paperwork on March 11 and would contact its when there is an available appt.

Timeline

From what i have heard , the embassy gives the appointment first then the NVC sends the documents to the embassy

Timeline

I have emailed them several times and this was the same reply I was getting each time. I sent them the email from the NVC that stated that they sent the case to the embassy and to contact them for any further information.

The embassy replied to me on March 16th stating that they have my case and they will contact me when an appointment is available. (who knows when that will be!) I am in the process of contacting my Congressman. They have an official form to fill out, on which you give your case # and what information you need to know about the case/process. You can also request an expedited appointment if you can prove hardship or terminal illness.

I did email them this is their reply: :bonk:

" Your case is still located at the National Visa Center (NVC). Although the NVC has finished processing your petition, the case will remain with the NVC until there is an available appointment at the Embassy. Once an appointment is available, the case will be transferred to the embassy & our office will contact the applicant to schedule an appointment. Until your case is transferred to to the embassy, please direct any inquiries to the NVC." :huh:

Also I heard that the embassy is STILL working on cases that where approved in July and August 2011..... :wow::bonk::wacko::blink:

Timeline

I have emailed them several times and this was the same reply I was getting each time. I sent them the email from the NVC that stated that they sent the case to the embassy and to contact them for any further information.

The embassy replied to me on March 16th stating that they have my case and they will contact me when an appointment is available. (who knows when that will be!) I am in the process of contacting my Congressman. They have an official form to fill out, on which you give your case # and what information you need to know about the case/process. You can also request an expedited appointment if you can prove hardship or terminal illness.

NIV (K-1) and IV visas (CR-1 & IR-1) have different time frames and their interview scheduling procedures may be different. Looks like the Embassy has your files now and will contact your fiance when they are ready for him to come in to interview. By the by, the congressman can only inquire about the status of your case. He or she can't push anything forward on your behalf. As for expedites, I don't think this will work for Yemenis. They will say they cannot expedite background checks due to national security interests. I know what you are going through, believe me. It sucks but we'll all get through it, God willing. I saw a movie recently with a great line in it, and I've made it my life's motto: "Everything will be all right in the end. And if it's not all right then it's not yet the end."

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

Got the appointment letter in the mail on March 23rd. They received the petition at the Embassy in Sanaa on March 11th, my fiancé's appointment is scheduled for May 5th. :D Very excited!

I wish everyone here good luck with your appointments! It seems that the Embassy is moving a little faster now, I know they did have some backlog, so maybe they managed to clear it up quickly. Will let everyone know how the appointment process goes when my fiancé goes to the Embassy. Now praying that the appointment goes well. :yes:

Timeline

Thats a really good news , i wish you guys the best

So the embassy really gives apoinmtents any time of the month !!! I thought they only give it at the 2nd week of every month !!

Timeline

EDIT:

IR1/CR1 Visa:

Alhaddad05- Case Complete: April 2012

Brooklynman- Case Complete: May 2012 Interview: April 1, 2013

Yafa- Case Complete: July 2012 Interview: April 23, 2013

Missing you babe- Case Complete: August 2012

albabeli- Case Complete: August 2013

hk9302012- Case Complete: December 2012

Sandra86- Case Complete: December 2012

H93- Case Complete: March 2013

K-1 Visa:

Neferure- NVC Recieved: December 4, 2012 Interview: May 5, 2013

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

EDIT:

IR1/CR1 Visa:

Alhaddad05- Case Complete: April 2012

Brooklynman- Case Complete: May 2012 Interview: April 1, 2013

Yafa- Case Complete: July 2012 Interview: April 23, 2013

Missing you babe- Case Complete: August 2012

albabeli- Case Complete: August 2013

hk9302012- Case Complete: December 2012

Sandra86- Case Complete: December 2012

H93- Case Complete: March 2013

K-1 Visa:

Neferure- NVC Recieved: December 4, 2012 Interview: May 5, 2013

It seems as though the K1 visa applications get faster interviews than the IR1/ CR1 do...

But I was just wondering from those who have interview dates (congrats by the way.. inshallah khair) , how long you waited from the time you got case complete to when you got notified of your interview date.

Thanks and good luck to all!

Edited by RebeccaS

Timeline

Heyyyyyy me too

I got it the same day as you are

For those who had there appointments April 1

Can you guys tell us how the interview went , and what kind of Q did they ask , please

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.