Sandra86- Case Complete: December 2012

H93- Case Complete: March 2013

Edited by H93

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I give up

I tried everything calling the NVC everyday calling the DOS

I sent an email to the supervisors and San'a I'm done :crying::crying:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I'm so happy fou u!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Don't give up hope. It looks like they cleared the backlog at the embassy in Sana'a a lot faster than I or anyone anticipated.

Since Yafa got her interview and they got case complete in July, you're next. Keep your chin up, you're a lot closer than you think.

Keep us updated. =)

Timeline

Don't give up hope. It looks like they cleared the backlog at the embassy in Sana'a a lot faster than I or anyone anticipated.

Since Yafa got her interview and they got case complete in July, you're next. Keep your chin up, you're a lot closer than you think.

Keep us updated. =)

al7madallah ya rab

It's hard for me cuz I been away from my husband for 2 years and 3 months now

but inshallah allah will help us

when I get an interview I will let the whole world know trust me lol

Timeline

al7madallah ya rab

Is it possible for you to visit him?

Timeline

al7madallah ya rab

I think they send out interview dates at the beginning of each month for the following month. So I'm guessing you should know by April 10 if you have a May interview date, which I really believe you will because it makes perfect sense. And if not May, definetly June. But you have a very high chance of getting a May date insha'Allah.

Edited by H93

Timeline

Case Complete...... Estimated Interview Date

May....................... April

June...................... April

July...................... April

August.................... May

September................. June

October................... July

November.................. August

December.................. September

January................... October

February.................. November

March..................... December

I could be wrong, but I'm compiled a list of how I think the interview dates will be scheduled and their order.

Now how they managed to schedule interview dates for case completes in May, June and July all in the month of April is beyond me. It could be because maybe there wasn't that many case complete in those 3 months. Whatever the reason, that's good news for us waiting because the wait time could be even shorter than what I've written up there (Insha'Allah.)

Edited by H93

Timeline

Is it possible for you to visit him?

my parents are worried that it won't be safe for me

ok I don't wanna bring you all down but do you think that after the debate eveything is still going to be like this?

I'm worried :help:

Timeline

al-sallam alikom ,

How is every body up in here , insha3allah good,

I got my case completed in august 2012 , still waiting for an interview appointment , I hope it will soon.

Timeline

al-sallam alikom ,

How is every body up in here , insha3allah good,

I got my case completed in august 2012 , still waiting for an interview appointment , I hope it will soon.

Thanks for joining. As you can see your estimated interview date is in May 2013, so please let us know when you get an interview date.

Timeline

EDIT:

Alhaddad05- Case Complete: April 2012

Brooklynman- Case Complete: May 2012 Interview: April 1, 2013

Yafa- Case Complete: July 2012 Interview: April 23, 2013

Missing you babe- Case Complete: August 2012

albabeli- Case Complete: August 2013

hk9302012- Case Complete: December 2012

Sandra86- Case Complete: December 2012

H93- Case Complete: March 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

my parents are worried that it won't be safe for me

ok I don't wanna bring you all down but do you think that after the debate eveything is still going to be like this?

I'm worried :help:

I visited my fiance 2 months ago and it was fine. I felt totally safe and I am an obvious Westerner despite the balto I was wearing. I didn't leave Sanaa though or travel by road much. I am assuming you are of Yemeni heritage and being married to a Yemeni getting a visit visa should be a piece of cake for you. It's hard to know what the national dialog will bring but there is nothing wrong with booking a refundable ticket and when it comes close to departure date evaluating the situation and rescheduling if necessary. Or you can meet your husband in Ethiopia or Jordan or something. I know how hard it is to be so far away. Just trying to think of ways to make the time pass a little easier.

Personally I don't see the multitude of issues post-"revolution" getting resolved any time soon. Even after the election. Too many old hands still in the cookie jar, so to speak, and they refuse to extricate themselves. Y'all know what I mean.

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

I visited my fiance 2 months ago and it was fine. I felt totally safe and I am an obvious Westerner despite the balto I was wearing. I didn't leave Sanaa though or travel by road much. I am assuming you are of Yemeni heritage and being married to a Yemeni getting a visit visa should be a piece of cake for you. It's hard to know what the national dialog will bring but there is nothing wrong with booking a refundable ticket and when it comes close to departure date evaluating the situation and rescheduling if necessary. Or you can meet your husband in Ethiopia or Jordan or something. I know how hard it is to be so far away. Just trying to think of ways to make the time pass a little easier.

Personally I don't see the multitude of issues post-"revolution" getting resolved any time soon. Even after the election. Too many old hands still in the cookie jar, so to speak, and they refuse to extricate themselves. Y'all know what I mean.

How did you meet your fiance? Were you working in Yemen or something? Just curious.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

How did you meet your fiance? Were you working in Yemen or something? Just curious.

We met in college here in the States. He was here on an F-1 visa. Frankly, he's not thrilled about the prospect of coming back to the States despite all the trouble back home but he has no other choice if he wants to be with me :luv: .

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.