Alhaddad05- Case Complete: April 2012

Brooklynman- Case Complete: May 2012

Yafa- Case Complete: July 2012

Missing you babe- Case Complete: August 2012

hk9302012- Case Complete: December 2012

Sandra86- Case Complete: December 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

look out for me! hoping to get this all done this month!.. i can't wait to see when the people who have had their cases completed earlier this year get their interviews so i can predict when our interview will be. and when that happens i hope you tell us about your experience so we know what to expect and what to watch out for.

i think it's easier if we feed off of each other and look to fellow yemen members because we can't really compare our visa journey to every other country because it's not the same. so we should look to help each other to help one another know what to expect and what to do.

i appreciate all my fellow yemeni members because it's nice to know i'm not the only one. not the only one who has already waited more than a year to get an nvc case number and will most likely (unfortunately) wait another year to get an interview. so good luck to all!

I also am hoping to get case complete this month. They sent me a checklist with a couple things missing from the AOS package which I'm sending in this week. Insha'Allah we both get case complete this month which puts us in the long waiting line.

You know what's funny? Egypt had/is having a lot more problems than Yemen and at their worst the 'long' waiting line for an appointment was 6 months if you read the Cairo embassy thread. They were complaining for having to wait 6 months and for Yemen we gotta wait 1 year to a year and a half.

Timeline

I also completed my case in July 2012 and is still waiting for an interview. The way I see is it will be at least a year wait from the NVC completed case date to get an interview. This is the only Embassy that is extremely unorganized. If you take a look at any other Embassy there is always appointments available for birth abroad or any us citizen service but not in Yemen. It takes months to get any appointment. They are just simply unorganized and no one is speaking up about it.

The U.S. embassy in Yemen is just downright ridiculous. It looks like we're gonna have to deal with it but I just hope things change somewhere down the road for those who file after us.

Anyways, thanks for the reply. Please post whenever you get an appointment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Just curious guys - have any of you tried emailing the embassy directly to get a sense of where they are at? If so, did they tell you anything useful? I emailed their Non-IV address a few months ago and got a personal response but it wasn't related to interview scheduling. Wishing you all strength to keep going and Inshallah you'll all get your interviews soon. I just got back from Sana'a yesterday and all was calm. In an entire year I only saw my fiance 4 weeks :( still got a long way to go...

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

Just curious guys - have any of you tried emailing the embassy directly to get a sense of where they are at? If so, did they tell you anything useful? I emailed their Non-IV address a few months ago and got a personal response but it wasn't related to interview scheduling. Wishing you all strength to keep going and Inshallah you'll all get your interviews soon. I just got back from Sana'a yesterday and all was calm. In an entire year I only saw my fiance 4 weeks :( still got a long way to go...

I did email them this is their reply: :bonk:

" Your case is still located at the National Visa Center (NVC). Although the NVC has finished processing your petition, the case will remain with the NVC until there is an available appointment at the Embassy. Once an appointment is available, the case will be transferred to the embassy & our office will contact the applicant to schedule an appointment. Until your case is transferred to to the embassy, please direct any inquiries to the NVC." :huh:

Also I heard that the embassy is STILL working on cases that where approved in July and August 2011..... :wow::bonk::wacko::blink:

Timeline

I did email them this is their reply: :bonk:

" Your case is still located at the National Visa Center (NVC). Although the NVC has finished processing your petition, the case will remain with the NVC until there is an available appointment at the Embassy. Once an appointment is available, the case will be transferred to the embassy & our office will contact the applicant to schedule an appointment. Until your case is transferred to to the embassy, please direct any inquiries to the NVC." :huh:

Also I heard that the embassy is STILL working on cases that where approved in July and August 2011..... :wow::bonk::wacko::blink:

I've also heard the same thing. That it's taking roughly 1 year & six months to get an appointment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

For those of you finally get interview dates (congrats yafa and BrooklynMan!! kicking.gif) feel free to come over to the interview thread and add your names and dates to the list! good.gif

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/417100-april-2013-interviews/

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

I give up

I tried everything calling the NVC everyday calling the DOS

I sent an email to the supervisors and San'a I'm done :crying::crying:

Case complete in May 2012... I finally got an interview date for April 1st 2013. Good Luck to all!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I'm so happy fou u!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.