LA NEGRA

MY FIANCE IS READY TO GO HOME

33 posts in this topic

Here's something that helped us, si man. Mrs. T-B. had been to the U.S. before, but she was terribly homesick when she arrived "for real." She isn't particularly religious, but almost right away, I found a church for her that offered services in Spanish. She met a lot of good acquaintances there, a couple of whom became friends. She was always very happy and upbeat when I picked her up afterwards, si man, and she even wanted to introduce me to some of the people whom she'd met.

That's a good wholesome environment to keep a new immigrant (especially a Latino) from falling in with the wrong crowd, which can be easy to do in less-controlled environments when the vulnerability level of the new immigrant is off the charts.

:thumbs::thumbs: I must agree!

~* GodsGift225*~

ok so for those who ask about his kids.... he has two kids which we already have one and are planning to bring the other soon. i understand that adjusting aint easy but if you have a better life here why complain so much? i do try my best to acomandate him to the max..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would suggest talking to your fiance to see where your relationship is headed. If it's solid, then you can still get married and do AP so that when that is approved, you guys can make a trip to his homeland ASAP, in the mean time, seek out fellow Dominicans, like restaurants, groceries, having social support really helps people who find themselves suddenly in a strange land! Good luck to you guys!!

This is very true!!! If my husband didnt have such great support and friends in our local Moroccan community I think he would be in the same situation. He gets home sick so easily...every time he talks to his family he is sad afterwards. You alone might not be enough to keep his heart in good spirits...I a am my husbands best friend and wife...but he needs some of his own 'kind' to be able to feel comfortable in this land....I am thankful every day that we have such a strong and close Moroccan (LARGE) community here where he has many friends to hang out with and talk with and not just me.

Our love began in 2010....our Journey in 2012 (January) and now we are at peace until 2014!

Timeline (kinda-- Im not putting exact dates- just months~)

--January 2012-- Sent our I-485 and I-130 packet off :)

--February 2012-- Touch-- Need more evidence.

--February 2012-- Sent more evidence.

--March 2012-- Biometrics and Doctors App (around the same time)

--June 2012-- (BIG PROBLEM) Immigration sent us a 'DENIAL' letter due to not having a sponsor (I thought we didnt need one)

--June 2012-- we hired a lawyer and got a sponsor, got the I-290B Motion to Appeal or Reopen had everything sent off by the end of July 2012.

--October 2012-- OUR APPEAL WAS APPROVED (breath easy, we didn't have to wait too long)

--October 2012-- Work permit sent-- got SSN

--November 26th, 2012-- AOS interview-- Got sent out told to get a translator and new interview date would be sent. :(

--January 8th, 2013-- Second interview...went well but no idea if we were approved or denied....VERY STRESSFUL!!

--January 15th, 2013-- APPPPPPRRRROOOOVVVEEEED!!!!!! (checked on USCIS web site)

--January 18th, 2013-- Card Production Ordered....welcome letter (hard copy) in the mail!!! :)

--January 24th, 2013--CARD IN HAND!!! DONE!!!!!

on-beach-at-sunset.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.