Chocohazel

Ds-230 question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am teally confused with question no. 30 where it asl list places u have lived for atleast 6 months. Does tht mean lived for six months continously without visiting any other country or city which is not your permanent residence or it means 6 months total in ur life time.. So here is there situation with me

I have lived in saudi arabia cus my dad worked there and ilived in dammam from where i travelled to bahrain for my university .it was an open university meaning distance learning where u dont have to take classes regu ..most of the studies have to be done on your own ..basically its online learning/classes .. So i never really lived n bahrain i used to go sometimes for a few classes. N a month once a week prolly through causeway bridge on a tourist visa stamped on the checkpost .30 mins drive frm saudi to bahrain.. Lol oh well n then last 2 yrs i was living more in paki due to dads health conditions n just went to saudi for uni like 3 mnths n then back to paki n then saudi n finally moved to pak in 2010 n never went back ...

So what shud i write like frm 2003-2009 i lived saudi conttinousy

Frm 2009-2010 dec i lived in out not atleast 6 months prolly 3-4 mnths in one perid n then goin to my home country

Wat shud i fill in? N

Also wat in g325A last five yrs residence mind tht after 2009 i never had a perm residence i n saudi i lived at different addresses even furnished apt more like more like hotel

Help plz!!!

Unless you are residing in a location longer than 6 months you generally are just visiting there and not actually living there. Did you keep a "home" address in Pakistan that you went back to on each move? Was your mail sent to that address as well?

If so then I would put the Pakistan address down as where you lived as none of your other visits were 6 months or longer which is a requirement for the question on that form.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Unless you are residing in a location longer than 6 months you generally are just visiting there and not actually living there. Did you keep a "home" address in Pakistan that you went back to on each move? Was your mail sent to that address as well?

If so then I would put the Pakistan address down as where you lived as none of your other visits were 6 months or longer which is a requirement for the question on that form.

Thanks!!! Tht really answered my question :) yes i always had a permanent address in pakistan

Edited by Chocohazel

I spent 7.5 months in Australia on a tourist visa (I worked as a nanny) Would I put this address down or would this be considered 'travelling'. Also, would I need to get a police check for Australia. It says you only need them for places you have lived for more than 12 months but should I get one to be safe?

Cat x

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.