nook

Interview today.

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

sorry about the confusion. I have changed my timeline several times to avoid this confusion. Yet I have changed it once again. hopefully i have changed it correctly. anyway. I am from an F1 visa I met my wife here in the US while i was a student. We got our scheduled interview just this afternoon. The interviewer said at the end of the interview that he will have a supervisor take a look at our case because he was new to this whole marriage interview thing. He said he used to work as a NATURALIZATION officer. So marriage interview was kinda new to him. He gave us a paper stating. FURTHER REVIEW. He said you might get a letter. Im not sure what letter he meant. GC letter. or letter for 2nd interview?he didnt ask anymore documents. Is this a good sign or bad sign?please help us Guys. the interview went only for 35 mins. most of the time he was just scanning documents that we submitted and ask for the original copies and then returned everything afterwards.

Nook, an IO may or may not have the authority to approve an AOS. It seems like, in your case, you got someone who didn't have the authority. So, he needed approval from his supervisor and could not approve it on the spot. So, you don't seem to have anything to worry about. Have fun. It will be approved soon. In my case even though IO approved it, it still took 6 weeks for the online status to update and another week to receive the card.

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

I did couple of times actually. You might check at my "FURTHER REVIEW" thread.

Looking at your dates you should be getting something very soon.

If you can provide more details about yr case 7 interview exp, people should be able to provide

suggestions.

All the best !

7x interview? i thought You only get 2 interviews? what can they get more of 7 interviews? the officer asked me about my student visa which i have and wasnt able to continue. He said you did not continue so you are out of status. I said yes. HE said care to explain. I said sure. this is what happened. When I was a INTERNATIONAL STUDENT I applied for a Psych tech program. this course would give me a chance to work in MENTAL HOSPITALS, PRISONS or any of this facilities that would require mental tech and this facilities usually government owned. This facilities also has high security clearance. all student who would do an internship with this facilities should provide SSN, and should be back ground check thoroughly. Which is impossible to do if you dont have records here in the US. I was about to enroll my second semester when the school wont allow me. REASON: International students are not allowed to have this kind of course. SO why was I accepted in the first place? then I was bounced like a pingpong ball to different office. giving me no answer what so ever. YOU?

The IO who interviewed us said that he has to ask his supervisor about it. I dont know what it means. all i can remember is that he said something about you might be called for a second interview because of your student visa which is out of status. when they said further review. what does it mean?in your case what does it mean?

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

The IO who interviewed us said that he has to ask his supervisor about it. I dont know what it means. all i can remember is that he said something about you might be called for a second interview because of your student visa which is out of status. when they said further review. what does it mean?in your case what does it mean?

If you can provide more details about yr case 7 interview exp > 7 is typo

read as > case & interview exp

AOS (from H1-B) Timeline:

Day1 -- 09/23/2012 - 130, 485, 765 AOS package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Day4 -- 09/26/2012 - Emails/texts acceptance confirmation in evening :-)

Day5 -- 09/27/2012 - Checks Cached

Day12-- 10/01/2012 - Received hard copies of NOAs for I-130, I-485 and I-765

Day16-- 10/12/2012 - Received Biometrics Appointment(appointment for 10/24/2012)

Day16 - 10/12/2012 - Biometrics Walk In - Refused

Day20 - 10/16/2012 - Biometrics Walk In - Successful :)

Day33 - 10/29/2012 - EAD card Production Ordered-Pleasant surprise :)

Day37 - 11/02/2012 - EAD Card received - WoW !

Day40 - 11/05/2012 - Interview letter for Dec 4 date - The BIG Day !

Day70 - 12/04/2012 - Interview done. Pray to GOD!

Day95 - 12/28/2012 - Letter for 2nd Interview in Feb

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

the details are already explained above. how did you get a 2nd interview?what was wrong with the first one?

They probably meant, if you have any red flags or what didnt went well in the interview what you remember...

What country are you from, any big age difference, religious difference, etc.

Besides your overstay... What proof do you have...

no age difference. am 3 years older than my wife. same religion. I think the officer was just ticked off by the over stayed visa and that I only enrolled for a semester. The school wont allow me to continue my course. they want me to change to another one which is really unfair in my part and they wont refund me for money spent. tsk.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.