ilovegage

My Mother's Petition!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if you paid online at NVC,

you're supposed to download the coversheets (there are 2 - one for AOS, another for IV)

and follow the instructions in the coversheets, from there.

Here's some other instructions you've probably missed, as well.

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Thank you, Darnell. I paid the $230 for DS-230and $88 for AOS. I submitted the requirements for AOS however I missed the DS-230 form. So I need to do is fill up the DS-230 form for my mom and me? Does the DS-230 have any additional requirements? I know I sound so stupid but this while thing gave me too much confusion esp. now that they are doing everything electronically. Thank you very much for your time!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you, Darnell. I paid the $230 for DS-230and $88 for AOS. I submitted the requirements for AOS however I missed the DS-230 form. So I need to do is fill up the DS-230 form for my mom and me? Does the DS-230 have any additional requirements? I know I sound so stupid but this while thing gave me too much confusion esp. now that they are doing everything electronically. Thank you very much for your time!

Your mom will fill up the DS-230 form.

Refer to the link below for the list of documents that you need to send to NVC together with the DS-230.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Timeline

what country is your mom in, at the moment?

Thanks !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

no, must be original signature.

So she has to sign it, Part I, fill out parts I and II, and send all to you in USA.

Suggest she make 4 sets of the DS-230, just in case is any real error .

Don't forget the civil documents.

no, must be original signature.

So she has to sign it, Part I, fill out parts I and II, and send all to you in USA.

Suggest she make 4 sets of the DS-230, just in case is any real error .

Don't forget the civil documents.

Darnell, She is in the Philippines! What are civil documents? The way they design this processing right now is very confusing. Not like before that they send you some steps to follow in the snail mail...Thank you for all your help!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you very much! She is in the Philippines! Can she just scan the document to me with her signature?

No, it needs her original signature. Only the Part I (page 2) needs her original signature & leave the Part II (which is page 4) unsigned. The Part II will be signed during the interview.

Your mom has to send you her civil documents like (BC,NBI clearance), 2x2 visa pics, photocopy of her Bio-page of her passport. You will be the one to send the DS-230 packet to NVC.

Edited by let-it-be

No, it needs her original signature. Only the Part I (page 2) needs her original signature & leave the Part II (which is page 4) unsigned. The Part II will be signed during the interview.

Your mom has to send you her civil documents like (BC,NBI clearance), 2x2 visa pics, photocopy of her Bio-page of her passport. You will be the one to send the DS-230 packet to NVC.

Oh thank you, you are very helpful! I think this time I have to send them on mail, not electronically...Thanks again!

Timeline

100 bonus points for reading the instructions, found in the links i posted back in post # 2.

It's a lot of stuff to read; I know you weren't reading it based on how rapidly you were replying back.

-100 points if you are using a handphone for webbrowsing - throw that away, come back on a PC.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

100 bonus points for reading the instructions, found in the links i posted back in post # 2.

It's a lot of stuff to read; I know you weren't reading it based on how rapidly you were replying back.

-100 points if you are using a handphone for webbrowsing - throw that away, come back on a PC.

Reading is overrated. Just spoon feed the answers, the OP has no desire to follow the links you provided.

Reading is overrated. Just spoon feed the answers, the OP has no desire to follow the links you provided.

I am not the OP, I am the OP's husband.

You that posted the snide comments are a classy bunch aren't you? You think that because you hide behind a keyboard it gives you the right to say anything to anyone. What a couple of twits. Someone comes on this site and because they don't respond the way you think they should then you can put them down?! Morons. How clueless. I've seen your type on the net ever since it has been popularized by anonymous goons who show themselves to be without class. Piss off, both of you. BTW, I don't need a pc to tell you both to piss off. I'll gladly do it to your face(s). The both of you are worthless, just don't bother answering if you can't at least be pleasant.

You that posted the snide comments are a classy bunch aren't you?

You were provided some REALLY useful links just to educate yourself with the whole process and to understand it better (which might be quite useful, if you ask me).

That was the BEST help you could get. Te be aware of how this whole thing works.

And yet you're calling people names?

Unbelievable.

Timeline

aaron ! We're Twits Now! How cool is that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.