duraaraa

Letter of Intent to Marry

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I wouldnt worry too much, my fiancé and I also forgot and we were approved with no RFE :blush:

For whatever reason, I'm not at all afraid of the petition process. I hope this happens for me too. If not, I'm happy to see that the RFE won't make it take another several months.

Thanks to all.

What would Xenu do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wait for the Request for Evidence

j0395718.gif My K1 Journey

12/10/12 Mailed k1 petition

01/2/13 NOA1 Hardcopy (no email)

07/1/13 NOA2 ( no RFE )

07/18/13 Casefile shipped to DOS

07/26/13 Manila case no.

07/30/13 NVC shipped to usembssy

08/15/13 Medica PASSED:) yeheyy

09/03/13 Interview APPROVED ( agegap 27years )

09/08/13 VISA ON HAND

LOVE.gifLOVE.gifLOVE.gifaniheartpinknwhite.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

If all you sent was the I-129F petition form and check, then be prepared that you might not get an RFE and just receive an outright denial.

I was confirmed by 5 different lawyers that he letter on intent is not required until the second phase which is the consulate one -- do not worry abt it --

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I was confirmed by 5 different lawyers that he letter on intent is not required until the second phase which is the consulate one -- do not worry abt it --

Those 5 lawyers need to read section 5B of the I-129F instructions, they are all WRONG. :bonk:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

my husbands going through a CR 1 spouse visa but I sent info without a formal request. I was pregnant and was so absent minded and only sent the petition and money nothing else lol..so I contacted USCIS and they put in a request stating petitioner has papers ready and about a week later they sent me a letter with an address as to where to mail the papers i wished to submit and I never received a formal request for evidence after and all of the documents were linked with the petition no problem. Just make sure when you send the papers have a copy of your first NOA1 receipt with it that has the number linked to your case and a copy of the letter they send u as to where to mail everything and make sure the receipt copy is on top then the letter and you will be fine..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, it IS required because it states so in the I-129F instructions. However, I was responding to someone that said they did not include anything at all with their petition, not just missing the letter of intent.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Those 5 lawyers need to read section 5B of the I-129F instructions, they are all WRONG. :bonk:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

As wrong as they might be, I've submitted 2 previous petitions for fiancee both without letters of intent and both approved without RFE. I did submit LOIs with my current petition, just to be safe, but based on the strength of the total petition package I believe they may or may not see this requirement as an absolute. If it was an absolute I would have received RFEs for both previous petitions, I believe. I don't think it was luck, I think it was the strength of the total package.

To echo those above, I would prepare LOIs but wait for the RFE to send them in. IF it is requested, it could delay your approval for a month or so, given the available timelines on this site.

Good luck!

Timeline

I would like to highlight that during our petition process, my fiancee moved back to her home country. We had to mail them to inform them of this as they/we were plotting to have our interview and processing at the embassy she was currently at. I was advised by the USCIS / a consul that we could send it in highlighting what it was for, including the reciept # of the petition, etc. It was never lost and applied perfectly to the account.

I would recommend if you construct your letter well and appropriately, it may just in fact get to the right location. No need to wait for an RFE, just send it. Worse comes to worse, you have the paperwork ready to send when in fact you do get the RFE (if you do) and can send it later.

God bless and good luck!

Our Timeline
Started Talking as friends 7/2011
Became a couple 1/2012
Met in Canada 5/2012
Propsed as I knew she was the woman for me 5/3/2012.
Sent K-1 Off to the Chicago Lockbox 6/11/2012
NoA 1 6/13/2012
NoA 2 12/19/2012
Embassy Intervew 02/07/2013 (APPROVED)
Visa Recieved 2/14/2013
CFO Seminar 2/15/2013
Flight 3/1/2013 POE Detriot, MI, and then home to NC!!!!

Sent off AoS / EAD / AP Packet 7/19

NoA 1 EAD / AP / AOS 7/23

EAD / AP Card Recieved 9/27.

The wonderful world of the AoS....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

From my experience I will advice you to send a copy of the letter of Intent to Marry for you and your fiance. Your Petition might be denied base on that and you might be in a fix of appealling and wasting money ($630). Send the copy of the letters now with your case number clearly written on the letter and wait for the adjudicator decision. I wish you good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.