george89lol

Plan Goes Into Motion **TOMORROW** - NERVOUS. NEED HELP!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Can I have someone file this for me, by the way? For example if I am out of the country. Plans changed a bit!

But you can file yourself from outside the country. Are you just visiting your fiancé Canada?

If so, I think you can simply file as you would do at home. Will you be back in 6 to 7 months? This is when you'll kind of need to be in the US to recieve you mail (in case you get a RFE).

Otherwise you can put your parents adress for exemple, have them open the USCIS mail for you, so they can email you the RFE.

Or, if you plan to stay abroad until the end of the K-1 process, I think you can just state you live abroad. (look up for k-1 from overseas, or k-1 from abroad in the seach tool, I am pretty sure you'll find threads answering your questions)

good luck

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.