HollyandSim

No "Packet 3", letter, etc

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have the letter from the NVC saying they've sent our stuff to the London Embassy. That was 12/14. It's been almost a month and Simon hasn't gotten anything from them. Shouldn't he have gotten the letter telling him to go to the website and complete these forms? Should I be worried? What should I do?

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

05/15/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

04/03/15 RFE FOR MEDICAL AND VACCINATION (I-693)

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

07/11/15 EAD/AP EXPIRATION

I have the letter from the NVC saying they've sent our stuff to the London Embassy. That was 12/14. It's been almost a month and Simon hasn't gotten anything from them. Shouldn't he have gotten the letter telling him to go to the website and complete these forms? Should I be worried? What should I do?

Given the holidays, it's very likely the embassy is backed up. But, he doesn't have to wait to receive the letter to start completing the forms or the other preparations for the interview, namely getting the medical exam scheduled.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Call DOS in the US and tell them you want to know if London has logged your file. (it could still be unprocessed because of the holidays.) If DOS indicates London has the file then proceed without the letter. You don't need the paper letter.

DOS 202-663-1225 press 1, then 0

This post talkes about the instructions http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/page__view__findpost__p__5137390

This has a copy of the letter http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/page__view__findpost__p__5180175

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

call NV to get your new case number, then you can email your embassy and request an appointment!!! wait a week or so and then give them a call. good luck

I-129F Sent : 2012-01-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2012-08-17

RFE Reply(s) : 2012-09-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-10-18

NVC Received : 2012-10-25

NVC Left : 2012-10-29

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-11-08

Interview Date : 2013-01-07

Interview Result :

call NV to get your new case number, then you can email your embassy and request an appointment!!! wait a week or so and then give them a call. good luck

That is not the process for London.

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)

Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

Given the holidays, it's very likely the embassy is backed up. But, he doesn't have to wait to receive the letter to start completing the forms or the other preparations for the interview, namely getting the medical exam scheduled.

We haven't waited. He has everything. He gets his last vaccination on Monday and his medical is scheduled for next Wednesday. I guess I am worried b/c it seems like a long time. Also, I've heard that if you get the medical before they log your file it can delay things.

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

05/15/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

04/03/15 RFE FOR MEDICAL AND VACCINATION (I-693)

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

07/11/15 EAD/AP EXPIRATION

Timeline

We sent ours in November 14th and have yet to hear anything from the London embassy. I don't know what's going on and no one seems to have any information for us. I can't take much more of this. Seems we were screwed over by vermont and the dream act waiting for our NOA2 (waiting almost 9 months) and now that we are at London embassy we've been tossed aside. This process is utter bullshit.

Edited by Nick + Elizabeth

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

We sent ours in November 14th and have yet to hear anything from the London embassy. I don't know what's going on and no one seems to have any information for us. I can't take much more of this. Seems we were screwed over by vermont and the dream act waiting for our NOA2 (waiting almost 9 months) and now that we are at London embassy we've been tossed aside. This process is utter bullshit.

Well, to be fair, you would have been approved back in August if you didn't receive the RFE. The DREAM Act had nothing to do with the delay since it has yet to be enacted. If you're referring to the deferred action, that went into effect on August 15, 2012. Have you contacted the DOS line to inquire about your forms and the medical exam results to see if they've been logged?

Coming Soon...

Timeline

Well, to be fair, you would have been approved back in August if you didn't receive the RFE. The DREAM Act had nothing to do with the delay since it has yet to be enacted. If you're referring to the deferred action, that went into effect on August 15, 2012. Have you contacted the DOS line to inquire about your forms and the medical exam results to see if they've been logged?

Actually, it did have something to do with it since 95% of those petitions were pushed through VSC with priority over just about everything else to get them finished up before the November election. There's actually a thread with a lot of information in regards to all of that with links if you'd like me to surface it for you. I'm also well aware of my RFE, but even with one (that had a turn around of mere days) 9 months is absolutely absurd. You can couple that with that fact that CSC was pushing K1 Visas through in 2 months at the time we were finally approved. The fact that my case was not resolved with VSC until I was able to gain the assistance of not just my Congressman (which I had for 3 months), but finally my senator is #######. Also, we had to wait for our service request to literally time out as well as the quote worst case scenario turn around time for an RFE. And yes, I have. Everything was received a while ago, yet still there's no interview date. So yeah, fair? None of this has been fair.

event.png

Well this thread has just depressed the hell out of me........so you're all saying we finally get to the London embassy part and we hit a wall? No interviews are being issued?????

Our medicals will be invalid.

*Sigh.........this process is so cruel and totally illogical!!!

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Timeline

Well this thread has just depressed the hell out of me........so you're all saying we finally get to the London embassy part and we hit a wall? No interviews are being issued?????

I have no idea what's going on. When my fiance calls the Embassy they tell him that they are extremely backed up and that he should call back (first they said to call back in 3 weeks, and now they say to call back in 2 weeks) so yeah, same ####### different day/step/location/country/whatever. It seems like some people get ushered through this process just fine and it's all smooth sailing and some people's journey is paved with speed bumps and brick walls. After seeing everyone who I filed with (even the ones who had RFEs) move through the embassy, have their interviews, and eventually get married I couldn't imagine I would still be left here waiting. So yeah, it's insanely cruel, and illogical, and unfair. I've written to my congressman again and will write to my senator again today as well. I'll probably let my fiance do the calling since he 'claims' it's cheaper for him. I don't know. They want $20 to talk to me on the stupid US number. After all of this that's such a slap in the face.

event.png

We haven't waited. He has everything. He gets his last vaccination on Monday and his medical is scheduled for next Wednesday. I guess I am worried b/c it seems like a long time. Also, I've heard that if you get the medical before they log your file it can delay things.

It will be fine if you have your medical next week. By the time the results get to the embassy (perhaps the following Mon/Tues) surely the embassy will have your case logged. Did you call DOS? I would mail the application forms next week too with or without receiving the letter.

You are reading a K1 thread. The process is different. NVC assigns your date, not the embassy. Why will your medical be invalid?

I have no idea what's going on. When my fiance calls the Embassy they tell him that they are extremely backed up and that he should call back (first they said to call back in 3 weeks, and now they say to call back in 2 weeks) so yeah, same ####### different day/step/location/country/whatever. It seems like some people get ushered through this process just fine and it's all smooth sailing and some people's journey is paved with speed bumps and brick walls. After seeing everyone who I filed with (even the ones who had RFEs) move through the embassy, have their interviews, and eventually get married I couldn't imagine I would still be left here waiting. So yeah, it's insanely cruel, and illogical, and unfair. I've written to my congressman again and will write to my senator again today as well. I'll probably let my fiance do the calling since he 'claims' it's cheaper for him. I don't know. They want $20 to talk to me on the stupid US number. After all of this that's such a slap in the face.

You can call the Dept of State at no cost and get the same information and often better information. Calling the embassy call center in Scotland is usually a waste of money. So you say you sent yours Nov 14? The embassy must have 3 things before you can start your clock of counting how long you've waited for an interview.

1. The four application forms
  2. The DS-2001 readiness form with cover letter
  3. The medical results

Were all of those at the embassy on Nov 14? What wedding date did you tell them in the DS-2001 cover letter?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I am so sorry, I understand your frustration. It seems the people that follow the legal route are the ones given the hardest time. Sadly the emotional welfare of the visa applicants is not given one bit of thought through out this process. Its hard,expensive and one hell of an emotional rollercoaster. You WILL get that interview and have your fiance with you this year!!!! Stay strong :blush:

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Nich-Nick I was under the impression the validity of the medicals lasted 6 months for all visa's?

But most people don't get their medical way before their case closes at NVC so I was wondering if you had your medical months in advance. I really don't keep up with IR1/CR1 discussions, but isn't there some rule of themb where NVC doles out London interviews a certain week of the month and if your case isn't closed by then, you rollover to the next month's assignment week? 2nd or 3rd week of each month?? I don't remember.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.