Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Entered U.S on K1 Visa-Can I Use P1(athlete) VIsa During K1 Process

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts


Going to try this again now that I have a little more information. I entered the U.S about a week and a half ago on the K1 visa and everything has gone very well with the K1 process so far. I met my fiancee at school in Ohio where I played hockey. I've very recently been offered a tryout with a minor pro hockey team in the area and because the EAD is probably 2-3 months away at this point I would need to use the hockey teams visa to play. The hockey team would provide a P1 visa so my question is while in the middle of the K1 process (applying for SSN tomorrow and getting married soon after) would going on the P1 visa cancel my K1 visa? make it more complicated possibly? or not be a problem? Any advice would help please and thanks.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.