cleverodra

K-1 Visa Timeline

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning all,

Today, I'll be sending the package for my fiancee's visa. She's from Mexico City and I wonder if July would be a good estimate for her to receive her visa?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Good morning all,

Today, I'll be sending the package for my fiancee's visa. She's from Mexico City and I wonder if July would be a good estimate for her to receive her visa?

Figure she'll get her visa in about 9-10 months from the date of filing.

So if your mailing soon, that will be around October, not July.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Good morning all,

Unlikely. If you sent it in January, your petition would likely not get approved until July. Then there's the embassy and interview stage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning all,

Good luck! My husband is from Mexico City too.

When you get your NOA1 receipt notice, fill in your timeline with the service center it is being processed at(CSC or VSC) and the date of your NOA1. That will give you an estimate as to when you can expect your petition approval.

After that, you will need to wait for your case to be sent to Juarez after going through the NVC and then follow the instructions(http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/packetk1may.pdf) for filling out the forms, paying and scheduling your appointments.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Good morning once again,

I'm triffled with a possible conflict. We have scheduled our wedding and reception party on July 13, 2013 but if my fiancée receives her K-1 visa much after the month of July. Could we get married before (having her come the US using her tourist visa) go back and the once she receives her K-1 visa get married at a court house?

Can someone provide me with some options?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning once again,

I'm triffled with a possible conflict. We have scheduled our wedding and reception party on July 13, 2013 but if my fiancée receives her K-1 visa much after the month of July. Could we get married before (having her come the US using her tourist visa) go back and the once she receives her K-1 visa get married at a court house?

It's doubtful your fiancee will be able to go through customs saying she's getting married, even with the explanation that you are not legally marrying until later. I've read a lot on these boards also that at the interview for the K1 visa, it is frowned upon to have wedding photos and such. It is probably better to hold off on planning a wedding celebration until after she receives her visa. I know it's hard, but when you're going the visa route, it's what has to be done.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good morning once again,

So you want to get married twice?? :blink: You will be better off canceling your wedding.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good morning once again,

Reschedule the wedding because you will almost definitely not have the visa in time. You cannot be married and then come over a K-1 visa (even unofficial "ceremonies" are red flags). Either keep the date, have her come over then and marry and then return to Mexico for 9 months or so while you apply for the CR-1...or cancel the wedding. Don't make wedding plans before the visa is in hand!

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning once again,

If you get married, the K-1 will no longer be an option for you. You will have to start over with a CR-a spousal visa. Change the wedding date, or have her come and have a party only, no wedding. Then, have her return and follow through with the K-1 and get married after she arrives using the K-1 visa. It is always advised here not to make any solid plans until you have the visa in hand. You never know what could happen or how long it could take.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Hello,

Recently, I received a notification stating that I should receive an I-797 form in the mail and that my petition has been sent to the California process center.

What does this mean? Any idea how long this process would take before my fiancée receives a not

Hello,

Recently, I received a notification stating that I should receive an I-797 form in the mail and that my petition has been sent to the California process center.

What does this mean? Any idea how long this process would take before my fiancée receives a notification from the U.S. embassy?

A thousands thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello,

What does this mean? Any idea how long this process would take before my fiancée receives a not

Hello,

What does this mean? Any idea how long this process would take before my fiancée receives a notification from the U.S. embassy?

A thousands thanks

First, :time: . Once you put your NOA1 in the timeline, you'll get an aproximate date for your petition approval(note that this is not official)

Second, on uscis.gov, for California it still says 5 months for an approval, but i doubt it. It might take more, so arm yourself with a lot of patience.

Goodluck!

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Timeline

Hello all,

I just received the NOA1 with a 'notice date' January 16, 2013.

However, after my fiancée name, the country of birth says 'unknown.'

Does anyone have an idea?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I've heard of similar cases...just call the number that is on the NOA1 and rectify that. :)

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.