^_^

A surprising map of the best and worst countries to be born into today

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Etz5e.jpg

If you came into the world today and could pick your nationality, there are at least 15 better choices than to be born American, according to a study by the Economist Intelligence Unit. The firm looked at 80 countries, scoring them across 11 variables to determine “which country will provide the best opportunities for a healthy, safe and prosperous life in the years ahead.” The results, mapped out above, are both surprising and not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/01/07/a-surprising-map-of-the-best-and-worst-countries-to-be-born-into-today/

Or Singapore?!?!?! Seriously?

:o

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yup, Singapura is much better than the USA. Lived there for a year, miss it !

as to BooYah, alas, even when he was posting stats with bar charts and graphs,

the data he was using was never current, always 3 to 8 years old.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

:o

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I was making a point. There is no overall 'better' or 'worse' place. It is all subjective and dependent on the individual. The best country in the world is the one where you're happy.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Or Singapore?!?!?! Seriously?

Singapore has been an upcoming country for some time now. It has one of the best universal health care plans in the world. I would like to see the US go to a similar plan.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Singapore has been an upcoming country for some time now. It has one of the best universal health care plans in the world. I would like to see the US go to a similar plan.

I would like to see the US go to similar system and emulate the same punishment for drug dealers as do Singapore and Malaysia...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I would like to see the US go to similar system and emulate the same punishment for drug dealers as do Singapore and Malaysia...

Hear, hear!

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Heck yeah, I got married in Malaysia and spent our honeymoon in Singapore. Even though Malaysia is classified as poor, it was still a great time, and Singapore is very nice, but expensive. I wish they would do the whole caning thing here for drugs.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

One thing I thought was kinda cool about SIngapore was their housing policy. I believe the racial makeup is something like 50% Chinese, 25% Malay, and 25% Indian in Singapore. They have some kind of rule that the housing has to reflect this. Meaning for example in a condo building the makeup has to be roughly 50% Chinese, 25% Malay, and 25% Indian. I don't know this for a fact, but it was explained to me once when I was there. Seemed like a pretty good idea to me. Force people to get along I guess.

Also, it costs roughly 3 times what you would pay in the U.S. to get a car there. I assume that is to promote public transport, which is pretty good there as well.

I'm sure alot of people here would say that's commie talk, but everyone seemed cool with it there. Probably the nicest place in Asia. I guess Hong Kong and Tokyo would be right up near the top as well.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.