 Haemophilus influenzae Type B

 Rotavirus

 Hepatitis A

 Hepatitis B

 Meningococcal disease

 Varicella

 Pneumococcal

 Influenza

My wife has only had the polio and measles vaccinations. She'll be having her medical at St. Lukes in Philippines. Do they give immunizations there, or should she get these done soon before her medical? Also, where she's 28, are all of these still required?

They give required vaccinations at St. Lukes. Have your wife bring her vaccination record with her to the medical exam. The physician will look at it and determine what she needs and what she doesn't.

Also, vaccinations are included with the cost of the medical exam.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

A lot of them won't be needed, because they are only for kids (such as rotavirus) or are seasonal (flu).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I looked into getting them done beforehand. She's had most but the town she's from was nearly wiped out by flood quite a few years ago and many records were lost, including her immunization records. We considered getting them done early (possibly even at St. Luke's, as I've advised her to get other, not required, vaccines and she's doing those at St. Luke's). After talking to the doctor at St. Luke's about doing them early they suggested just waiting for the medical. At the medical they will do everything that's needed, no need to get them done early.

We discussed it for other reasons (to make sure all immunizations are done, none needed after arriving in the US) but it didn't seem to make sense at this point. If the civil surgeon in the US decides more are needed prior to AOS, so be it.

I wouldn't worry, just wait for the medical and you should be fine.

Good luck!

Edit to add: the doctor she saw at St. Luke's said that although they will review vaccination records, in most cases they will give immunizations again even if they've been given before, unless the documentation or the previous doctor meets some "standard". My understanding is that many people even with records get the shots again, so St. Luke's eliminates any risk of liability.

Edited by Grant PDX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.