jessielinder

i 751 evidence - Are these strong enough?

38 posts in this topic

Hi all, I need some opinions on how strong my I 751 evidences and what is the chance of getting called for an interview and/or approved.

I entered US on student visa July 2007

Met my husband Feb 2008

Married in May 2010

Conditional Green Card approved in Feb 2011.

I have submitted the following documents:

1. Joint apt lease, with both our names. ( Lease term starting from Sept 2012 )

2. Health Insurance, with both our names

3. Dental Insurance, with both our names

4. Joint saving bank account statement

5. Internet bill with his name, Gas bill with my name, both showing common address

6. 3 pictures taken together. ( he is camera shy, and does not like taking pictures)

7. My 401K plan, showing my husband as beneficiary

8. Joint credit cards, a few statements from 2012.

9. 2 - 3 junk mails, showing common address

10.My life insurance, my husband as beneficiary

We did not file tax together, and it seems like most couples send their jointly filed tax return. I am losing sleep over this, so worried of being denied.

Can anyone give me your opinions on how strong/weak my evidences are ? what is the chance of getting called for interview? and what is the chance of getting approved/denied ?

Thank you in advance.

Jessielinder

I am not an USCIS but just by reading what you have I would have some suspicions. It seems like you guys have nothing together in 2011. If I were USCIS I would ask these questions

1) Since when did you have insurance together?

2) Since when did you guys open the saving accounts? and show me the transactions. Not saying you are fraud but fraud couples tend to open accounts together with little or zero activities.

3) Why only 3 pictures since 2011? (no vacation?). If you guys vacation together you need to provide proofs

4) Since when your husband was listed as beneficiary

5) What about joint credit card statements in 2011? (This can be obtained easily by calling the credit card company)

6) If you guys were living with his parents in 2011 then ask them to write affidavit letter to confirm that or provide evidences you both were living together in 2011 at his parents' house.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I am not an USCIS but just by reading what you have I would have some suspicions. It seems like you guys have nothing together in 2011. If I were USCIS I would ask these questions

1) Since when did you have insurance together?

2) Since when did you guys open the saving accounts? and show me the transactions. Not saying you are fraud but fraud couples tend to open accounts together with little or zero activities.

3) Why only 3 pictures since 2011? (no vacation?). If you guys vacation together you need to provide proofs

4) Since when your husband was listed as beneficiary

5) What about joint credit card statements in 2011? (This can be obtained easily by calling the credit card company)

6) If you guys were living with his parents in 2011 then ask them to write affidavit letter to confirm that or provide evidences you both were living together in 2011 at his parents' house.

Thank you. Our health insurance started in Jan 2012 ( when I started in my current company), I listed my husband as beneficiary as all the benefit my employer provided, since Jan 2012. Our joint saving account started a month after our marriage ( June 2010 ), I heard from many people that balance did not matter. My husband hates taking pictures, and we did not take any vacation together. I traveled twice during our marriage, both for abroad to visit families. We have several joint credit cards, the oldest one started in Jan 2010.

Timeline

We did file as married, but separately. And I did not submit tax returns in my I751 package. Hope it won't be a problem.

You should have included them, even the VJ example lists them. Good Luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Thank you. Our health insurance started in Jan 2012 ( when I started in my current company), I listed my husband as beneficiary as all the benefit my employer provided, since Jan 2012. Our joint saving account started a month after our marriage ( June 2010 ), I heard from many people that balance did not matter. My husband hates taking pictures, and we did not take any vacation together. I traveled twice during our marriage, both for abroad to visit families. We have several joint credit cards, the oldest one started in Jan 2010.

The balance on your bank account could potentially matter, if it seems that the account has only had a minimum amount in it and was essentially inactive after being established. Did you submit statements from each year since 2010, or just your most recent ? They want to see regular activity. You don't have to submit every single monthly statement - you can just pick out a few from each year during the entire period since 2010 to show that it's been used regularly.

You mentioned in sending joint credit card statements, but I noticed you said they were all from 2012. They want to see consistent activity from 2010 until the present. Can you pull some statements from the earlier years ?

You will probably get an RFE for the missing tax returns. You can request your tax statements from the IRS now, so they'll be ready to send in if/when the RFE arrives. And I think it's very possible that you will be asked to provide additional evidence. You can start asking family and friends now to prepare their affidavits (although they should not finalize, sign and date them until later, upon receipt of the RFE.)

Having different addresses on documents like your driver's licenses, etc. could be a big issue. Do you have any Christmas cards or other holiday or anniversary cards (including the envelopes they were sent in) addressed to both of you at the same address ? Or wedding invitations, etc. ? Those could help, too.

Another thing that caught my eye is: your insurance and 401K evidence is all from your side. Is there anything from his side that shows you carried on his insurance, or as the beneficiary on his 401K, IRAs, etc. ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

The balance on your bank account could potentially matter, if it seems that the account has only had a minimum amount in it and was essentially inactive after being established. Did you submit statements from each year since 2010, or just your most recent ? They want to see regular activity. You don't have to submit every single monthly statement - you can just pick out a few from each year during the entire period since 2010 to show that it's been used regularly.

You mentioned in sending joint credit card statements, but I noticed you said they were all from 2012. They want to see consistent activity from 2010 until the present. Can you pull some statements from the earlier years ?

You will probably get an RFE for the missing tax returns. You can request your tax statements from the IRS now, so they'll be ready to send in if/when the RFE arrives. And I think it's very possible that you will be asked to provide additional evidence. You can start asking family and friends now to prepare their affidavits (although they should not finalize, sign and date them until later, upon receipt of the RFE.)

Having different addresses on documents like your driver's licenses, etc. could be a big issue. Do you have any Christmas cards or other holiday or anniversary cards (including the envelopes they were sent in) addressed to both of you at the same address ? Or wedding invitations, etc. ? Those could help, too.

Another thing that caught my eye is: your insurance and 401K evidence is all from your side. Is there anything from his side that shows you carried on his insurance, or as the beneficiary on his 401K, IRAs, etc. ?

Thank you very much.

We do have joint credit card statements for both 2011 & 2012. He added me to his car insurance, starting from Feb 2011.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Thank you very much.

We do have joint credit card statements for both 2011 & 2012. He added me to his car insurance, starting from Feb 2011.

Very good. You should gather a sampling of those statements from the past 2 years, as well (in case they ask for additional evidence.)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Very good. You should gather a sampling of those statements from the past 2 years, as well (in case they ask for additional evidence.)

Thank you very much. We already contacted the credit card company to send all of 2011's statements.

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.