Bad_Daddy

RUB Mentality ?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

With Sveta...... EVERYTHING (except drinks) go into the refrigerator....)))). And, yes, she will gladly drink a warm beer. I have almost gotten used to the Campbell's creamy tomato soup being stored in the refrigerator while our orange juice sits on the counter all night!!! ❤❤❤

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

With Sveta...... EVERYTHING (except drinks) go into the refrigerator....)))). And, yes, she will gladly drink a warm beer. I have almost gotten used to the Campbell's creamy tomato soup being stored in the refrigerator while our orange juice sits on the counter all night!!! ❤❤❤

Yeah, now THAT'S healthy....wacko.gif

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Amy writing for this post (we're both logged on and share an account). We live in a little college town in the middle of Indiana, kind of a "hippie oasis," in a mostly pretty conservative state for sure, but Wal-mart is white-trash central in our town. I don't class rednecks with white trash because people who usually call themselves rednecks are still fairly productive citizens and act like they've got a bit of class in public. They're usually hard working people and I respect them, as long as they aren't the uber-judgmental, racist type. I'm talkin' the trashy chicks with half a dozen ugly, dirty, ill-behaved, stair-step kids in tow who wear dirty pajama pants 3 sizes too small so you can see her nasty thong (ewww), loading their cart down with Cheetos and Mountain Dew. If they have a dude with them, he's got a perpetual plumber's crack and copious tattoos that look like they were done on "the inside" if you know what I mean. :whistle: They both look like they're in desperate need of a shower and a toothbrush. Their kids are all sticky, loud, and out of control. The toy department is their playground. :huh: Wal-mart makes me want to carry hand sanitizer with me and apply it constantly. :P It also makes me feel twitchy after being in there for longer than, say, 15 minutes. The noise, lights, and crowds really give me a huge headache and make me feel a small amount of panic. Even the super crowded farmer's markets and supermarkets in Russia NEVER caused me so much anxiety as Walrus-Mart. Even with the pushing and shoving, Russians are much better behaved shoppers than people who shop at Wal-fart. The prices and selection are the only reason we go at all, and we try to make it a once-in-awhile thing and get in and out QUICK.

The pushing and shoving thing? That's totally normal and socially acceptable in RUB countries. You just have to be really assertive and quick in crowds, and in situations where a whole group is moving from one form of transit to another, run! :P You have to be assertive to keep your place in line, too. :rofl:

Generally Alla's reaction to Walmart is the same, plus non existant service and low quality merchandise are her complaints. She does not care for Home Depot either as she feels the service is bad there. She called me from there one night all frustrated because she wanted to order something for our bathroom remodel and "I cannot find anyone to take my money!" Since then, she goes to Lowe's where I am known as "Alla's husband"

Bed, Bath and Beyond is one of her favorites, the first time I took her there they could not get her out of the place, literally. They closed and she was still shopping and was trying to avoid employees encouraging her to leave. "We will be open again tomorrow, you can come back" :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Our orange juice, and grapefruit juice for that matter, is still hanging on the tree in our back yard. The soup she made yesterday is still sitting out today. Guess I am lucky as I have not been getting sick.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Our orange juice, and grapefruit juice for that matter, is still hanging on the tree in our back yard. The soup she made yesterday is still sitting out today. Guess I am lucky as I have not been getting sick.

Lol, yeah!! Man, I'd love me some fresh oj!!!!

Added in edit...

And..... Our oranges go in the refrigerator......

Edited by Jamie and Sveta

Timeline

That is Alla's reasoning. It is not refrigerated in the orange...or the cow.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
That is Alla's reasoning. It is not refrigerated in the orange...or the cow.
...she said, as large families of harmful microbes and fungi licked their chops...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

...she said, as large families of harmful microbes and fungi licked their chops...

Welcome to RUB mentality 101. Food left out over night...not a problem. Some preservatives listed on American food...DO NOT EAT! And for what it's worth, it has little to do with being healthy and much to do with RUB's having limited access and/or knowledge of any food that you don't have to cook from scratch. Ask RUB's about Kvass. It's equivalent to spitting & p*ssing in a barrel and letting it ferment.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Welcome to RUB mentality 101. Food left out over night...not a problem. Some preservatives listed on American food...DO NOT EAT! And for what it's worth, it has little to do with being healthy and much to do with RUB's having limited access and/or knowledge of any food that you don't have to cook from scratch. Ask RUB's about Kvass. It's equivalent to spitting & p*ssing in a barrel and letting it ferment.
Understood, si man. Mrs. T-B. has gotten way better, but she still leaves rice et al. on the stove for 2 or 3 days (covered with a pot lid) and puts stuff in the refrigerator (often uncovered) for so long that it becomes a science experiment. On garbage day twice weekly, I urge a purge of the refrigerator. I have to re-urge (more than once), but she usually gets around to it.

Side note: When can you get rid of your message signature (from having lost the election bet?) and return to posting fotos (Spanish spelling) of your lovely bride?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Laughing all the way through this. It seems that every so often we get off on the differences our RUB spouses do from what we consider normal behavior in this country. They range from warm drinks of all sorts, that should be served cold, to the food left in pots either on the stove or in the refrigerator. This time we've gone into Walmart and the delightful shoppers there. Please visit the website devoted to shoppers of Walmart for a healthy dose of the outrageous.

Let's face it, we've all experienced actions from our spouse that we consider odd or strange. I'm sure from their perspective they wonder how we are able to survive at all. :rofl: I like most of you have heard all of the complaints about things in America and how bad it is compared to RUB countries. Some are justified and others are way off. The bottom line is we rejoice with our choice of spouse and take the complaints as just one of those differences that brought us together. As the French say, Viva la' difference! :dance:

But, for the newbies here, be prepared for change. After all, you aren't married to an American. :thumbs:

Timeline

Alla loves a big glass of warm KBAC from the barrels-on-wheels of unlicensed vendors in Ukraine.

Alla made her homemade cranberry sauce last night. Cranberries, equal amount of sugar, a little water and a blender (the blender is an accepted modern American technology, "Americans have a machine for everything!") She left it out overnight. :lol: What is wrong with you Kip? Neither the cranberries NOR the sugar were refrigerated in the store! Why would mixing them cause you to have to refrigerate them now? :lol:

The cranberry sauce is good, I love it (the Russian name escapes me right now). Oddly enough her "friend" from Minsk gave her the "recipe" a couple years ago and it seemed like some great news that she would be able to make her favorite _____________ (insert Russian name here) and then I see her make it and it is CRANBERRIES, SUGAR and WATER. I am not sure which ingredient she was amazed we had here right in the good 'ol USA. It is a very good flavor enhancer/sweetener for tea, on that I agree and great with Turkey

The best was her mother's refusal to use Maple Syrup as it was "chemicals". It took untold convincing to finally get her to accept it is actually one of the very few pure, natural foods we have in the USA, along with honey and pure orange juice where you can get it.

After that I cannot export enough syrup to her and she drinks it by the glass! :dead:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Laughing all the way through this. It seems that every so often we get off on the differences our RUB spouses do from what we consider normal behavior in this country. They range from warm drinks of all sorts, that should be served cold, to the food left in pots either on the stove or in the refrigerator. This time we've gone into Walmart and the delightful shoppers there. Please visit the website devoted to shoppers of Walmart for a healthy dose of the outrageous.

Let's face it, we've all experienced actions from our spouse that we consider odd or strange. I'm sure from their perspective they wonder how we are able to survive at all. :rofl: I like most of you have heard all of the complaints about things in America and how bad it is compared to RUB countries. Some are justified and others are way off. The bottom line is we rejoice with our choice of spouse and take the complaints as just one of those differences that brought us together. As the French say, Viva la' difference! :dance:

But, for the newbies here, be prepared for change. After all, you aren't married to an American. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

I don't know about you, but my life is about 10 clicks more interesting than ever! And we can spend a good portion of the day laughing about this. I hear the "America sucks" stuff all the time until we get back to Ukraine, it is 134 degrees celcius in the concrete "Stalin Bunker" apartment with no airconditioning,(but the water somehow stays a fridgid +1C for baths) the market is 4 blocks away and 5 flights of stairs down (and back UP), we have to take public transportation (Yeah, Alla notices the smell now, too) THEN America is sucking a LOT less and I hear the "I wanna go home" about 11 hours after arrival :lol: The women are still impossibly HOT and I just wanna hang out at the riverwalk! B-)

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Understood, si man. Mrs. T-B. has gotten way better, but she still leaves rice et al. on the stove for 2 or 3 days (covered with a pot lid) and puts stuff in the refrigerator (often uncovered) for so long that it becomes a science experiment. On garbage day twice weekly, I urge a purge of the refrigerator. I have to re-urge (more than once), but she usually gets around to it.

Side note: When can you get rid of your message signature (from having lost the election bet?) and return to posting fotos (Spanish spelling) of your lovely bride?

Never say "purge" to a Ukrainian. :lol:

Agreed, when the cupboards are bare of pots and pans, I know where to look. If I dare to comment, she will buy MORE pots and pans as we obviously do not have enough

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

YEAH! It's like "what did I get myself into" (laughing). But, as time goes on, I learning allot about who my wife is. Looking beyond the culture deference's, she's one of a kind and I wouldn't change a thing. But hey, we need a little entertainment with learning each others little pet peeves (lol). We laugh at our culture deference's, but she will see a deferent man when she sees me in my own environment. I'm useless in Minsk for her beside small things. Now, the big test comes when she's in my environment. BUT IM STILL NOT DRINKING THE WHITE MUSHROOM STUFF IN THE JAR !! Noo waaaayyyy !!! :blink:

Timeline

YEAH! It's like "what did I get myself into" (laughing). But, as time goes on, I learning allot about who my wife is. Looking beyond the culture deference's, she's one of a kind and I wouldn't change a thing. But hey, we need a little entertainment with learning each others little pet peeves (lol). We laugh at our culture deference's, but she will see a deferent man when she sees me in my own environment. I'm useless in Minsk for her beside small things. Now, the big test comes when she's in my environment. BUT IM STILL NOT DRINKING THE WHITE MUSHROOM STUFF IN THE JAR !! Noo waaaayyyy !!! :blink:

I am still convinced that is a trick to poison us.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.