citycop

We Lied To USCIS

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Y are u always so negative and harsh with your words people make mistakes and they would regret it true, but stop rubbing it in. People post for assistance not for antagonistic comments like yours. Tell him how he can go about his situation not how his life sucks....

Because the answer should match the depth of the mistake. OPs second mistake was posting this here. Because at any given time, if USCIS finds out about a lie or cheating your way into the system somehow, even if you are a citizen, you will lose your citizenship and get deported. So there you go. That's why you should never lie, ever, ever, ever, no matter what.

Why lie and then post about it on a public forum? Not sure what you were trying to achieve, OP?

11/29/12 - AOS Interview in Atlanta - 10 minutes long and approved on the spot.

ROC in 2014!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Y are u always so negative and harsh with your words people make mistakes and they would regret it true, but stop rubbing it in. People post for assistance not for antagonistic comments like yours. Tell him how he can go about his situation not how his life sucks....

if you read back to the beginning of this thread I offered help, and the OP decided to come back trying to explain why it's OK to lie. Another chimed in saying how you need to lie to get through life and yet another agreed that people are denied entry with the letter, when in fact they aren't. If you don't like the tone of my response it is your problem not mine. This is a site to help people , and admitting you lie to USCIS in order to get a result based totally on rumor and not fact, is ridiculous. Perhaps if you were to read my original answer, and the OP's response you wouldn't be the one judging me. The OP wasn't looking for assistance, he was looking for people to tell him it was OK to lie to USCIS, and it isn't. For God's sake his headline is "WE LIED TO USCIS". The comment about life sucking wasn't to the OP..it was to a totally different person who said it is OK to lie order to get through life. So before you attack me you need to get your facts straight.

What REALLY bothers me is why this thread is allowed to continue. The posting is clearly a violation of TOS as are many postings who condone the OPs actions.

Lying to USCIS is unacceptable, period. You get caught, you're screwed. USCIS may not know about your little white lie but let me tell you, you slip up and they WILL nail you. Then all your excuses will not help you and you will have a red flag in your file that could damage any future actions in your immigration journey.

Seriously, WHY is this thread allowed to continue????? :wacko:

Edited by Bumbero

Hi amaka50, agree and understand your points of view. You are right. There is simply no need to make a big fuss out of a small thing. How can that little lie make the OP's life suck??? Really have no idea!

The OP should have never lied about losing the extension letter. But since he already realizes it and he is here asking for opinion and suggestion. He knows he lied and that's not good, but at least don't blame someone's fault basing on the fault and saying the life sucks.

You're wrong. It's not about how little the lie is, it's about the red flags that USCIS will have if they find out. Look at it from their point of view: If the OP lied about this, what ELSE has he lied about?? You're looking at it from the OP's side, not the governments.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I agree with you amaka50. Not the first time I have seen this poster be overly negative and rather mean when replying, in various forums.

There are various ways to educate others - nicely - and advise them, than in many of the ways I have been seeing lately on VJ.

If the OP refuses to listen, IGNORE the thread and move on. Why rubbing it in over and over and OVER in various replies, I have yet to understand.

tsk tsk.

:bonk:

Edited by Alex&Manny

Filed: Timeline

Hey people: OP lied, he admitted. He told us why he did. He explained to me separately (I had no idea airlines are nervous about that and could reject someone from boarding when departing their home country). And while I do not support any sort of lies, I think you guys need to move on and stop arguing here....OP had a question, it is his own issue if he lied, and if he gets caught, or say stuck for missing his expired GC...serves him right. Please people, let's not continue this thread. Arguing with each other will just "heat the fire". Again, I don't support any kinds of lies, and I am not defending here the OP....I'm asking you guys to stop. Thank you!

Edited by AnotherLostSoul

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I agree with you amaka50. Not the first time I have seen this poster be overly negative and rather mean when replying, in various forums.

There are various ways to educate others - nicely - and advise them, than in many of the ways I have been seeing lately on VJ.

If the OP refuses to listen, IGNORE the thread and move on. Why rubbing it in over and over and OVER in various replies, I have yet to understand.

tsk tsk.

:bonk:

Care to point out where the restrictions on the tone of voice is mentioned? This website and this process is not for the pansies who get offended easily and care about how others ask them questions or educated because come worse, you will get interviewed in a very bad manner about very personal questions about say your favorite sex position or get labeled a liar and a sham, at the embassy, later on for green card, later on for citizenship. No one has any obligations to anyone to sugarcoat the truth or care about others emotions and feelings. These are facts, bare truth, take it or leave it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Care to point out where the restrictions on the tone of voice is mentioned? This website and this process is not for the pansies who get offended easily and care about how others ask them questions or educated because come worse, you will get interviewed in a very bad manner about very personal questions about say your favorite sex position or get labeled a liar and a sham, at the embassy, later on for green card, later on for citizenship. No one has any obligations to anyone to sugarcoat the truth or care about others emotions and feelings. These are facts, bare truth, take it or leave it.

Correct people will get interviewed at the embassy - if they are rude and judgmental, leave that to the embassy not rude members.

No one said anything about sugarcoating. After three pages people are continuing to bash on the OP saying the same fluff. If he got it after the first, great if he didn't - people just get rude and mean for no reason instead of leaving the thread.

Pansies? How about adults. No bullying. He lied. It's wrong. He said he didn't care. So we move on to another thread where the OP will take our advice. Yet you feel like it's your duty to teach this guy or any other member a moral lesson on how he or others will be treated at the embassy? Rough him up? Those aren't answers to questions. And just because you know or anybody else knows more than another does not give anyone a right to be so rude on threads or posts.

This has gotten so incredibly off topic. OP - my apologies. I hope you got the answers you sought out to get. :thumbs:

xx

Edited by Alex&Manny

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Closing this thread as the OP got his answer and the topic has become about bashing the OP ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.