Lost person 2

Oath Ceremony that wasn't

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i say wear a colorful hat on Oath Ceremony Day, and take some photos with the officer that turned you away, then post them here in the Gallery Section.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thank you!

My case was a little complicated, I had my interview on September 25 and the officer said she needed to look into my timeline basically as I went back to England for college in 2006 and she was unsure if I had enough time under my belt. However on September 27th she called me and said I did have enough time and that she would put through my paperwork that day.

From September 27, my status on line kept saying that "on September 27, we received you're response to our request for evidence, you should expect an update or decision within 60 days. 60 days passed i called and kept being told I was within normal processing times and therefore they couldn't do anything. I called another time (around the end of November/beginning of December) and got someone helpful who said i should have heard soemthing within those 60 days and put through a service request for me and that I should hear something within 15 days. On December 13 they sent me the notification of oath ceremony letter for the oath to take place on Jan 4. Don't know if this sheds any light for you.

Fingers crossed it happens on January 18.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

well, you were able to get someone to put in a service request for you and also your persistent calling helped in determining what was going on with your process... Congratulations and all the best for tomorrow's interview.

Update,

I called the court house on Thursday the 17th to check that my paperwork was at the courthouse. Was told it was there and was at the top of the list. Was also told that due to the possibility of snow to call the courthouses weather line before going on the 18th to make sure it wasn't cancelled.

Morning of the 18th got up at 6am, no snow in sight at home, started driving to Charlottesville, called weather line " No weather emergencies at this time" drove all the way to Charlottesville without seeing any snow. Parked the car walked to the front door of the courthouse to be greeted by a piece of paper in the window stating "Oath ceremony cancelled, re scheduled for Feb 1." Yet the courthouse was open. The courthouse employees couldn't tell us why it was cancelled though. This is rediculous. can I charge USCIS for expenses of 8 hours of driving to and from Charlottesville for no reason, taking days off of work, and my parents expenses for travelling down here for these ceremonies. will have to take more time off from work on Feb 1 if I can.

Update,

I called the court house on Thursday the 17th to check that my paperwork was at the courthouse. Was told it was there and was at the top of the list. Was also told that due to the possibility of snow to call the courthouses weather line before going on the 18th to make sure it wasn't cancelled.

Morning of the 18th got up at 6am, no snow in sight at home, started driving to Charlottesville, called weather line " No weather emergencies at this time" drove all the way to Charlottesville without seeing any snow. Parked the car walked to the front door of the courthouse to be greeted by a piece of paper in the window stating "Oath ceremony cancelled, re scheduled for Feb 1." Yet the courthouse was open. The courthouse employees couldn't tell us why it was cancelled though. This is rediculous. can I charge USCIS for expenses of 8 hours of driving to and from Charlottesville for no reason, taking days off of work, and my parents expenses for travelling down here for these ceremonies. will have to take more time off from work on Feb 1 if I can.

that sucks. but you don't have another solution.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

• 2 weeks later...

well, third times a charm. I finally have my citizenship. I wish you all the best of luck with your journeys. i know how it feels to feel like you are never going to get there and that whatever you do USCIS are still not happy and give you more hoops to jump through. But you are going to get there in the end and when you do get there, it's a wonderful feeling to know that you never have to deal with the idiots of USCIS ever again :-) wishing tou all the best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

well, third times a charm. I finally have my citizenship. I wish you all the best of luck with your journeys. i know how it feels to feel like you are never going to get there and that whatever you do USCIS are still not happy and give you more hoops to jump through. But you are going to get there in the end and when you do get there, it's a wonderful feeling to know that you never have to deal with the idiots of USCIS ever again :-) wishing tou all the best

Much deserved congratulations!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

also a very well deserved congratulationss.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.