Sean0

Police Caution

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello VJ'S,

My name is Sean and im new on this site, I've recently became engaged and now starting to apply for my K-1 Visa. I just have one question.

Last year i was given a police caution in the UK (where im from), i wont go into detail as it was a stupid mistake. basically i had to sign a letter to accept the caution, but I'm wondering will this affect me in getting a visa through the K-1 process?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated

Sean

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

No one can tell you if it will prevent you from eventually obtaining the Visa or not. It depends on the circumstances, the examiners, etc...

You will need to disclose this information anytime the form asks if you have committed a crime but not arrested for the crime (unless it was only a traffic violation).

Always be honest and disclose all information on the proper forms otherwise you can be denied and banned forever.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello VJ'S,

My name is Sean and im new on this site, I've recently became engaged and now starting to apply for my K-1 Visa. I just have one question.

Last year i was given a police caution in the UK (where im from), i wont go into detail as it was a stupid mistake. basically i had to sign a letter to accept the caution, but I'm wondering will this affect me in getting a visa through the K-1 process?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated

Sean

Hi Sean! Welcome to VJ.

You'll have to be upfront and honest about it throughout the process. Like Audy_Rod said, it will depend on the situation (what it was for, the examiner, everything else, etc.). If you feel it's UK specific or want to ask for more UK-specific advice, you can always try in the UK specific forum here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Also, filling in more info on your profile will be helpful in the future for members to better assist you.

Congrats on your engagement and good luck!

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.